Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Agony and Glory of Fantasy Football" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    sorry spawn, that sucks. . .

moral of the story for future reference-- try not to load up too heavily on players from any one team, for this very reason. . . the qb gets hurt or goes in the tank, it can kill your whole team-- plus, it makes dealing with bye weeks a real bitch. . ..
    Funny thing the first month was gold. Eddie Royal was a free agent pickup. I was screwed with Romo because there were no good QB free agents and my backup was lol Jake Delhomme. I had good pickups the last few weeks, Hillis, Quinn, Mewelde Moore and Dustin Keller. But my original draftees were held back. LenDale White was inconsistent and those damn Chargers were turnover machines last year but not so much now.

Overall it was a good year. I'm in the playoffs in more leagues than not, but the two money leagues are win or go home this week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

I sat Chris Johnson for MJD...and lost by 4 points. Hahahahaha...haha...ah...ha.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

i sat westbrook in place of ronnie brown and lost in that league by 1 pt. It didnt help that matt cassell got me -14 pts. either.

I started Jay against the faiders instead of drew brees a week ago, and then i started wes welker, ryan grant and winslow last week and all left with injuries- and i lost my first rd bye. So that league is a win this week or go home.

I need some Fugging Glory Dammit!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I destroyed Clay last week.

Thank you Baltimore Raven defense!

Six ESPN leagues, including two with fellow freaks, six playoff berths...1 and 1 on Fleaflicker with Dog's leagues, but 0-2 over at Yahoo...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Seriously, worst year ever for fantasy football!

Tom Brady's backup has back to back games that rival any of the "stud" starters...and you didn't start him...
    Fast Willie Parker is actually slow Willie Parker
    B-Marsh fools everybody into thinking he will be a 10 catch, 100 yd receiver each game....gets last laugh....
    Most of your team becomes an infirmary...
    QB's named Matt Ryan can actually beat your team...
    Your supposed top rated receiver shoots himself in the leg...moron..
    Michael Turner is better than LT...

and it just keeps getting better....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    Seriously, worst year ever for fantasy football!

Tom Brady's backup has back to back games that rival any of the "stud" starters...and you didn't start him...
    Fast Willie Parker is actually slow Willie Parker
    B-Marsh fools everybody into thinking he will be a 10 catch, 100 yd receiver each game....gets last laugh....
    Most of your team becomes an infirmary...
    QB's named Matt Ryan can actually beat your team...
    Your supposed top rated receiver shoots himself in the leg...moron..
    Michael Turner is better than LT...

and it just keeps getting better....
    These are the reasons I thought I WOULDN'T have a good year and then did...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    These are the reasons I thought I WOULDN'T have a good year and then did...
    Then you would be one of those guys sitting back making fun of the people
    who made fun of you when you picked those players up...

I did manage to pick up Hillis off waivers a few weeks ago and started him over
    that no good POS Parker and that paid dividends for me...

8. The Following User High Fived Reidman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    Then you would be one of those guys sitting back making fun of the people
    who made fun of you when you picked those players up...

I did manage to pick up Hillis off waivers a few weeks ago and started him over
    that no good POS Parker and that paid dividends for me...
    sorry bro, parker's a bum-- i didn't take him in any of my eight leagues. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

looks like i've got the playoffs locked up (officially or not) in seven of those eight leagues, including first round byes in both of the leagues that offer them. . . . in the eighth league i still have to win this week to get in, but i'm currently holding that last playoff spot-- and that's the league where i spent my first rounder on tom brady and lost the first four weeks. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I destroyed Clay last week.

Thank you Baltimore Raven defense!

Six ESPN leagues, including two with fellow freaks, six playoff berths...1 and 1 on Fleaflicker with Dog's leagues, but 0-2 over at Yahoo...
    I hope one of the lady dragons kicks you in the nuts this week unexpectedly.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I hope one of the lady dragons kicks you in the nuts this week unexpectedly.
    Screw you too...

Retard.

Money league playoffs.

111-111

2 minutes left. If we tie, we go to the bench, which I'm winning.

All my QB has to do is nothing. So what does he do??? Pick-6.

Final score: 111-109

**** you Romo!

As an extra dagger, this was my wife's money league and she's a huge Cowboys fan.

I struggled with which 3 receivers to start: Marshall, Royal, T.O. & Hines Ward. I sat Royal because I also had Hillis, and I didn't want too many Broncos as I already had 3 Cowboys. Hillis getting hurt didn't help and with catches being a point, how in the hell can Hines Ward have only 1. I'm glad THIS is over but I plan on winning our league dammit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

Sucks that each week I'm near the top 5 in points, but I always seem to be up against someone whos just a bit better in points...........lost so many by just a few points.

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Money league playoffs.

111-111

2 minutes left. If we tie, we go to the bench, which I'm winning.

All my QB has to do is nothing. So what does he do??? Pick-6.

Final score: 111-109

**** you Romo!

As an extra dagger, this was my wife's money league and she's a huge Cowboys fan.

I struggled with which 3 receivers to start: Marshall, Royal, T.O. & Hines Ward. I sat Royal because I also had Hillis, and I didn't want too many Broncos as I already had 3 Cowboys. Hillis getting hurt didn't help and with catches being a point, how in the hell can Hines Ward have only 1. I'm glad THIS is over but I plan on winning our league dammit.
    That sucks. I had that happen earlier in the season...I was leading by two with only Reggie Bush playing (a night game) and he decided to fumble and tie up the score. I figured there was plenty of time left for him to pick up 2 more yards and get the one point I needed to win, but he decided to gain a grand total of 0 yards on his final 3 or 4 carries. The sucky thing is that I think it is going to cost me a playoff spot in that league if I understand how the divisions/making the playoffs works in that league.

However, I am in the playoffs in all 4 of my other leagues and I won 2 playoff matchups this week, I lead by 4 in a two week long playoff matchup, and the playoffs start next week in the other league. A good year overall and hopefully I can win a championship or two.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

Round 1 of the fantasy playoffs...I leave more points on my bench than I scored with my starters. Special thanks to Jonathan Stewart, Antonio Bryant, and Kevin Walter for that one. Warrick Dunn appears to have come 1 yard short from allowing me to tie the game, and I lose 99-98 (if my calculations are correct).
    "You do not mess with Pat Bowlen, and you definitely do not ignore him''

Link to quote

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information