Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Agony and Glory of Fantasy Football" Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    I wish return yards counted in this league...

Bush has 6 points for me right now, but I need 1 more point for the win. He has been stuck on 29 rushing yards forever now...he had a couple of runs for negative yardage and then a measly 3 yard run. I just need 1 freaking yard, Reggie!
    Go to hell, Reggie. Why the hell do you have to have fumbilitis and why could you only make big plays on punt returns? My first tie of the year in FF.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

Did not do quite as well this week. Went 1-2. So my records are now...

5-0

4-1 and

3-2

Nothin' but nothin' but Great in 2k8!

GLORY- i pulled out the win and am still undefeated.

Agony- after all the injuries here is a list from both leagues of my players that i started this past week who are injrued or left the game injured:

westbrook
    lendale
    schaub
    deon branch
    chambers
    boldin x2
    anthony gonzo

Thats 8 players, when factored in with bye weeks i had 4 playing in 1 league and 6 in the other. This upcomming week hopefully should be better.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

man, this blows. . . two of my teams that are surging right now just lost tony romo, probably for most of the rest of the fantasy regular season. . . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I had Romo in one league... one of my money leagues.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    man, this blows. . . two of my teams that are surging right now just lost tony romo, probably for most of the rest of the fantasy regular season. . . .

Who are your backups?

This week was pretty good for me I'm going to go 4-1 and in my lone loss I got totally annihilated which is always better than losing by 2 points or something.

In my 2 QB league I was about a split second away from taking Brady with my first round pick, but I took Frank Gore instead...I got stuck with Brees and Cutler as my QB's. I'd say it worked out pretty well for me!

Id have to say GLORY this week.

I won both leagues, but the glory part is that, I was supremely laughed at when i took brees ahead of Romo in rd 2. Not only is brees killing it this year, but Romo is now out. The other good news with all this glory is the guy who has romo is in 1st in his division at 4-2. He is the best team in the other division, and if he cant pull out wins for the next 4 weeks i should play a lesser team in the Playoffs. (assuming i make it there, so far so good, knock on wood.)
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This year f'n sucks.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by RoyallyPwned View Post
    I had Romo in one league... one of my money leagues.
    ouch. . . that's a huge bitch!

Who are your backups?
    it's hasselbeck, in both leagues. . . .

and in both of them, i now have waiver claims in for delhomme-- he's the best that's available ATM. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

and in both of them, i now have waiver claims in for delhomme-- he's the best that's available ATM. . . .
    Yeah...not the best of QB situations. Hopefully you can hang on until Romo get back.

Adopted Bronco:

Yeah...not the best of QB situations. Hopefully you can hang on until Romo get back.
    it's frustrating, because i'm really careful about having good backup QBs. . . it's all but impossible to have high quality backups in the deepest leagues (one of mine is sixteen teams), or in keepers, but those aside i'm always strong at the position. . .

my teams this year include favre backing up brees, rivers backing up brees, and carson palmer backing rivers (started the other way around, and now palmer's hurt too). . . i though hasselbeck would be a rock-solid backup and spot starter, but this year has been a complete disaster for him. . .

the one league where i had a chance to draft a high-quality backup and didn't was my league with brady-- he never gets hurt, right? now i look like a real loser with matt schaub and mark bulger. . . .
    - John Elway

13. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Glory: Donovan McNabb is still healthy (don't jinx please).

Agony: I have 4 players on bye next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

ouch. . . that's a huge bitch!

Is Jason Campbell a waiver wire option for you?? Just a possible option that he seems to be in most leagues. Not sure now with all the QB injuries though. He has'nt been much of a high reward type of QB so far so most peeps have stayed away from him.

Though he's not lighting it up by no means, he's consistent week in and week out and has'nt thrown a INT yet with 1 fumble that the offense got back.

He's starting for me in one of my leagues and is right around the 10 point range as of right now. Not stellar for your QB, but he is consistant. I have to really be on on my RB and WR selections but i don't really have to worry to much about Campbell due to him not being much of a liability in turnovers.

He got me 9 points this week. No TDs or INTs with a little over 200 yards passing which is his average per game.

However it works out for you, good luck!

16. The Following User High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

GLORY!

Okay, so my FA/waiver wire pickups this week include Colston, Bowe, Derek Anderson, and Fargas(In several different leagues). Anderson and Fargas I understand being available, but who the hell drops Colston and Bowe?

Adopted Bronco:

GLORY!

Okay, so my FA/waiver wire pickups this week include Colston, Bowe, Derek Anderson, and Fargas(In several different leagues). Anderson and Fargas I understand being available, but who the hell drops Colston and Bowe?

i had to ask myself the same question, because some IDIOT in one of my leagues also just dropped colston. . . . i mean, come on-- that is the HEIGHT of stupidity! keep him sitting on your bench for weeks when he can't go, and then lose your patience and drop him the week that he's supposed to get back in the lineup?

of course, i put in a waiver claim, but i've got no chance. . . i was able to grab scheffler off the wire in that same league, though, which could pay big dividends down the road. . . .
    - John Elway

19. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information