Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Want To Restore Denver Broncos Football To What It Once Was? Hire Rick Dennison as HC

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    That would not be a good thing for Tim Tebow!
    Only if he decided to be more like Reeves' offensively, but I don't see that happening.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

2. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

My only fear is that what "once was" may not be good enough anymore. Hopefully if we hire Dennison (which I have no problem with) he brings in some new slants on old ideas. The league passed up Shannahan by taking his system that he tweaked and improving it even more. And now everyone is chasing the Bellicheck model. I hope its a mix of running the ball down peoples throats and forcing the ball back on defense through three and outs and turnovers. Our defense lately seems to be waiting for opportunities instead of creating them.

That being said, I have NO DOUBT the 1998 Denver Broncos in their prime could beat any team in the NFL today!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    That being said, I have NO DOUBT the 1998 Denver Broncos in their prime could beat any team in the NFL today!

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    I thought we were talking about Dennison, not Fox?
    Basically saying what you said here:

Only if he decided to be more like Reeves' offensively, but I don't see that happening.

7. The Following User High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

I think if Dennison is hired, I wonder if he would make Greg Knapp the offensive coordinator. Greg Knapp has worked for offenses that have used the ZBS in Atlanta, Oakland, and Houston, and he has also worked with Vick back when Vick was too lazy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Orange View Post
    I think if Dennison is hired, I wonder if he would make Greg Knapp the offensive coordinator. Greg Knapp has worked for offenses that have used the ZBS in Atlanta, Oakland, and Houston, and he has also worked with Vick back when Vick was too lazy.
    Knapp has worked with Michael Vick, Steve Young, Jeff Garcia (During his Pro-Bowl days) and Matt Shaub.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Knapp has worked with Michael Vick, Steve Young, Jeff Garcia (During his Pro-Bowl days) and Matt Shaub.
    Yeah, all mobile QBs (save Schaub) at various stages of progression. Greg Knapp seems almost like an ideal fit for Tebow and the offense in general.

The NFL is using systems from the 1950s. McD's spread offense is nothing different than they used back in the day of leather helmets. The "wild _____ " offense that teams try today and young kids think is new and innovative, is nothing new than the single wing. None of the systems are "out dated" or "passed by" in the NFL. Shanahan wasn't "passed by" and nothing Dennison brings to the table will be "passed by."

What I do like about Dennision, is that he has a lot of experience under very good coaches. Has learned from the best in teh business, whether that be Shanahan or Gibbs. He's had success in every position he's coached, and I believe will know the importance of quality coordinators.

The more I think about this pick.... the more I like it. The more I see it being the right direction.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

I thought we were talking about Dennison, not Fox?
    Tebow is a bigger, faster, stronger version of Jake Plummer.

I think he would excel with bootleg passes and a dominant running game.

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

14. The Following User High Fived getlynched47 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    The NFL is using systems from the 1950s. McD's spread offense is nothing different than they used back in the day of leather helmets. The "wild _____ " offense that teams try today and young kids think is new and innovative, is nothing new than the single wing. None of the systems are "out dated" or "passed by" in the NFL. Shanahan wasn't "passed by" and nothing Dennison brings to the table will be "passed by."

What I do like about Dennision, is that he has a lot of experience under very good coaches. Has learned from the best in teh business, whether that be Shanahan or Gibbs. He's had success in every position he's coached, and I believe will know the importance of quality coordinators.

The more I think about this pick.... the more I like it. The more I see it being the right direction.
    makes more sense than fox

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    makes more sense than fox
    Right now Big Bird and Captain Kangaroo make more sense then Fox!

18. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    I've had this posted up at mania for a while, but I thought I'd bring it here to share with you guys. Just to gauge your thoughts on Rick Dennison:

Hire Rick Dennison as the head coach.

Here me out:

He was a linebacker in the NFL

He was a special teams coach

He is an offensive-line coach and an offensive coordinator for the Houston Texans.

He has background in all 3 phases of the game.

He has history with the Denver Broncos.

That's the candidate I'm endorsing.

EDIT:

Rick Dennison's credentials and resume that qualify him (Courtesy of Hadez)

Played linebacker for the Denver Broncos

1995 to 1996 - offensive assistant with Broncos
    1997 to 2000 - ST Coach with the Broncos
    2001 to 2005 - OL coach with Broncos
    2006 to 2008 - Bronco OC/OL coach
    2009 - Bronco OL Coach (Mike McCoy fully took the OC)
    2010 - Houston - OC
    http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...40#post1156140

Preach:choir

Want To Restore Denver Broncos Football To What It Once Was?
    You mean soft, situational poor football?

No thanks.

Rick Dennison has a long ways to go before I'd be comfortable with him as a head coach. He's only been a coordinator in name only, so when you get right down to it he's got a bunch of years as a glorified positional coach. That's not nearly enough preparation to be able to take over the head coaching role.

Now if Kubiak actually lets him run the offense for a couple years down in Houston and he puts together some decent offenses, then we can talk.
    “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

--Vince Lombardi

21. The Following User High Fived Bosco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I would rather take a chance on Dennison than some immature 33 year old who has terrible people skills and wouldn't know smart, tough, physical football if came up and kicked him in the ass.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

I believe he is the right person for the job. I have confidence in his abilities. His personality is a perfect fit for players and the front office. He understands all three phases of the game, with the passion necessary for balance.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information