Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is slow pace an indication?

I don't care how long the Broncos take to interview and I don't care if a lot of the oc and dc's are picked over so long as the Broncos get the guy they feel will do the best job and that guy puts together the staff he feels will compliment him instead of yes men.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    So be it.

We dont want a HC who wants absolute power and control anyway.

And if some guy dont like Tebow.. he aint a good fit here anyway.

Just like Elway said.
    I agree.

I just think the job isn't nearly as attractive as it was after Shanahan left. I'm optimistic that we'll find a good coach.

I'm just not all that excited at the current pool of candidates and it bleeds through in my posts lately.

4. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I agree.

I just think the job isn't nearly as attractive as it was after Shanahan left. I'm optimistic that we'll find a good coach.

I'm just not all that excited at the current pool of candidates and it bleeds through in my posts lately.
    I might go all claymore on everyone if we hire John Fox. I know the guy has a track record, but how can you be the second worst team in the league and then hire the coach from the only team who was worse?

And the fact that he's one of the better candidates is a scary proposition.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I might go all claymore on everyone if we hire John Fox. I know the guy has a track record, but how can you be the second worst team in the league and then hire the coach from the only team who was worse?

I've always liked Fox, and I thought he did a good job in Carolina up until last year. His teams were physical and i thought he got the most out of the talent he had.

I'd rather have him as a DC only, and sadly I see him as a lesser of the evils as far as the head coach candidates we've been rumored to be interested in.

I feel pretty much the same as you Buffcake, I just don't think Fox is as bad an option as you do.

Fox ran some of the most predictable offenses in the NFL... It baffles me that ANYONE would want to see that here in Denver... He hasn't even had a full offseason to reflect on what he could do differently yet.

If you guys want to see run, run, pass, punt here in Denver, Fox is your man. Meanwhile, the team that FIRED Fox is giving Rivera a 2nd interview...

So why don't we settle for Carolina leftovers and let a better candidate get hired in by them in the meantime.

This coaching search is amateur and disappointing. I don't mind retreads, but at least give us a retread that brings innovation to the table.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    I don't care how long the Broncos take to interview and I don't care if a lot of the oc and dc's are picked over so long as the Broncos get the guy they feel will do the best job and that guy puts together the staff he feels will compliment him instead of yes men.
    Easy to say and sounds good on paper but meanwhile plenty of other teams are hiring the coaches THEY feel are the best available and narrowing our chances.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    Fox ran some of the most predictable offenses in the NFL... It baffles me that ANYONE would want to see that here in Denver... He hasn't even had a full offseason to reflect on what he could do differently yet.

If you guys want to see run, run, pass, punt here in Denver, Fox is your man. Meanwhile, the team that FIRED Fox is giving Rivera a 2nd interview...

So why don't we settle for Carolina leftovers and let a better candidate get hired in by them in the meantime.

This coaching search is amateur and disappointing. I don't mind retreads, but at least give us a retread that brings innovation to the table.
    Repeat after me......
    "Elway knows what he's doing"......just like
    "McDaniels knows what he's doing".....JUST like
    "Shanny knows what he's doing"......

that about covers 2001-2012..... ONE playoff win

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Juriga72 For This Post:

Fox's predictable systems played in and won more playoff games than we did. If he's shit then who makes your balls tingle? Rick Dennison?

15. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

SR

That's what I thought.

17. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Easy to say and sounds good on paper but meanwhile plenty of other teams are hiring the coaches THEY feel are the best available and narrowing our chances.
    And these other teams are? Minnesota who just removed the interim tag on Frazier (he was under contract with them already and untouchable)? Dallas who did the same with Garrett?

So far ONLY SF has hired a coach and they obviously had home-field advantage because Harbaugh took $2 Mil less to stay in SF.

So, who exactly is doing all the hiring? So far, Denver, Cleveland, Miami (who, after one interview decided to get out of the race and extend their HC, anyway), and Carolina have interviewed potential HCs and made appointments with others.

So, outside of SF and the two teams who just promoted interim HC's who were untouchable, who are these "plenty of other teams"?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Right now I would argue the organizational structure is more important than the HC and coaching staff. Even if we got the best coaches available, what do you think this roster is going to achieve in wins?

I would think the coach that gets hired will get hired not necessarily for X's and O's but because he connects with the players-youth movement afoot-and more importantly can focus on the fundamentals while this team builds.

Besides, The days of the hot retread HC's being the highest demand are over.

I don't want Fox. I think he's a good coach and I like his experience but with the way he ended his stay in Carolina, I think he needs a few years off before he can be a great coach again.

21. The Following User High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

A lot of Carolina's losing problem was their front office and ownership. They're a small market team and can't afford a lot of premium names...kinda like the Bidwells (Cardinals owners).
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Fox's predictable systems played in and won more playoff games than we did. If he's shit then who makes your balls tingle? Rick Dennison?
    Fox did a decent job at Carolina and he knows defense, those are two good things he can say.

I just don't think he's a good hire at this time for the Denver Broncos, not as a Head Coach. Now if he were willing to take the DC job, I'd be happy about that.

I prefer the following to Fox:

1.) Rivera
    2.) Dennison
    3.) Capers

Any of those 3 IMO are better options than Fox.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Capers is a LONG shot. As is Rivera.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information