Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is slow pace an indication?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I think Fox is an excellent coach. I'd be curious to see how he does working for an organization that gives him what he needs to win. Toward the end, Carolina tried to do things "on the cheap" and Fox paid for it. Let's hope that if he's hired in Denver the Broncos don't try to cut corners so he can fully implement his schemes.
    Let's not forget that Fox also took the Carolina Panthers, the CAROLINA PANTHERS, to the Super Bowl not all that long ago.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

2. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    seems that most of the guys that have been hired in the NFL, so far, are re-hires. We haven't even been looking a week. How quickly do you guys want a billion dollar organization to take to hire someone that is going to run the billion dollar product??

Lets give it some time, and relax. I personally like the process it takes rather than just hiring someone real fast. It hasn't even been a week yet.
    Especially if they dont want Rivera for whatever reason.
    I dont understand why the Broncos have not scheduled an interview with him...
    I think there is something behind the scenes we do not know about.

Rivera is the top candidate..
    and the Broncos have not spoken of him much at all.

Xanders kind of off handedly threw out his name...
    almost to placate the fans about the search...
    not in a convincing fashion.

There is something we dont know between the two sides.

It may be that Elway and Co want to hire an offensive guy...

I just dont get it.

But , yeah.. if Rivera is off the table...
    we are only in competition with the Browns..
    (Hue is expected to be hired by Al Davis)

no need to hurry now.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

4. The Following User High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    I'm starting to think that it will come down to John Fox, Rick Dennison, Dirk Koetter and maybe Dom Capers or Gregg Williams in the end. Two offensive and two defensive candidates being the finalists sort to speak.

But I do believe that not even interviewing Rivera is a huge mistake on the team's part.
    Hearing this makes my day a little crappies.

6. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Are people overreacting a bit? Maybe…but, let’s face it the organization is in a riddled state right now and is somewhat reluctant. They’re already behind other teams, give Oakland who I think hasn’t hire Hue Jackson outright because they’re trying to woo Josh McDaniels and possibly want to look at Perry Fewell, and Al Davis always likes to be dramatic, he’s a bigger Drama-Queen then Terrell Owens.

Carolina looks to be closing in on their candidate, and maybe that was what Denver was waiting for, one less candidate even if the fan favorite for their own organization. Cleveland is supposedly enamored with Pat Shurmur who recently interviewed with the team, but they still have other interviews scheduled. Denver can afford to be cautious, but then again…with the lockout looming it’s rather important to get a head coach and his staff well into place as soon as possible.

I spoke to Woody Paige just the other day via email regarding how Denver needs to hire someone that the fans can get behind, because the fact is that fans will be more lenient with a coach they believe in and the staff that put him in place rather then just a coach that they as a staff are high on. And he agreed with me for the most part, especially in regards to Ron Rivera being the favorite amongst the fans. I think that if Denver was to hire someone ill-regarded by the fandom that the minute he has a back-to-back losses the fans will turn on him, his coaching staff and possibly the organization quicker then anytime before because of what we have had to endure already.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

8. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if some of our interview requests have been declined.

Having John Elway come in, and having Tebow may not be attractive to some potential candidates.
    So be it.

We dont want a HC who wants absolute power and control anyway.

And if some guy dont like Tebow.. he aint a good fit here anyway.

Just like Elway said.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

10. The Following User High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Are people overreacting a bit? Maybe…but, let’s face it the organization is in a riddled state right now and is somewhat reluctant. They’re already behind other teams, give Oakland who I think hasn’t hire Hue Jackson outright because they’re trying to woo Josh McDaniels and possibly want to look at Perry Fewell, and Al Davis always likes to be dramatic, he’s a bigger Drama-Queen then Terrell Owens.

Carolina looks to be closing in on their candidate, and maybe that was what Denver was waiting for, one less candidate even if the fan favorite for their own organization. Cleveland is supposedly enamored with Pat Shurmur who recently interviewed with the team, but they still have other interviews scheduled. Denver can afford to be cautious, but then again…with the lockout looming it’s rather important to get a head coach and his staff well into place as soon as possible.

I spoke to Woody Paige just the other day via email regarding how Denver needs to hire someone that the fans can get behind, because the fact is that fans will be more lenient with a coach they believe in and the staff that put him in place rather then just a coach that they as a staff are high on. And he agreed with me for the most part, especially in regards to Ron Rivera being the favorite amongst the fans. I think that if Denver was to hire someone ill-regarded by the fandom that the minute he has a back-to-back losses the fans will turn on him, his coaching staff and possibly the organization quicker then anytime before because of what we have had to endure already.
    Good post. Very well articulated.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    The NFLN said this morning that John Fox is the leading candidate for Denver.
    Sickening...

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

panic.. panic. The 49er paid high dollar for a coach... omg.... oh no..
    The 49'ers will also get first choice of Dc and OC too............

Yup... I want third best Dc ands fourth best OC for MY Broncos!!!!!

Those playoff games seem to come at such a bad time..being January and all.

This year is so good.. With all my projects I can do now with no football going on...........

Quote Originally Posted by Juriga72 View Post
    The 49'ers will also get first choice of Dc and OC too............

Yup... I want third best Dc ands fourth best OC for MY Broncos!!!!!

Those playoff games seem to come at such a bad time..being January and all.

This year is so good.. With all my projects I can do now with no football going on...........
    Usually the HC will be allowed to pick his staff. There's no guarantee that whoever Denver selects would want the same coordinators as Harbaugh anyway. I don't think that's a big worry at this point.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

I just don't get all the hype of Rivera. :shrug: I think some just have their favorites, and feel those are the best, and teh most popular. Don't agree, but no biggie.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

16. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Usually the HC will be allowed to pick his staff. There's no guarantee that whoever Denver selects would want the same coordinators as Harbaugh anyway. I don't think that's a big worry at this point.
    Yeah.. we aren't getting the "3rd or 4th choice on coordinators." Thats just not realistic.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

seems that most of the guys that have been hired in the NFL, so far, are re-hires. We haven't even been looking a week. How quickly do you guys want a billion dollar organization to take to hire someone that is going to run the billion dollar product??

Lets give it some time, and relax. I personally like the process it takes rather than just hiring someone real fast. It hasn't even been a week yet.
    I dont expect us to have hired anyone by now, but I do think we might want to actually have some interviews under way, rather than just keep listing names we may want to interview.

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Right now.....
    Frazer-Minnesota
    Harbaugh- San Fran
    Garrett-Dallas

are putting together thier staffs... we are just starting to interview our HC options.

BTW.... Cassell is showing me why McDummy wanted him... the guy is clutch in playoffs

20. The Following User High Fived Juriga72 For This Post:

SR

As an aside, I bet it is a big point of discussion during the interviews. Who the prospective HC can bring in to help them should have some weight in the final evaluation given the problems experienced during McD's tenure. I'd take a lesser known guy who is willing to bring in solid, veteran coordinators and delegate authority effectively than a big name, big ego who has to call all the shots.

22. The Following User High Fived Warhawk For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Juriga72 View Post

BTW.... Cassell is showing me why McDummy wanted him... the guy is clutch in playoffs
    This is sarcastic....right?

Cassell never played in the playoffs let alone college

Also, did you see how many passes he threw in the first half?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information