Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elway on twitter regarding Tebow

Default Elway on twitter regarding Tebow

To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can.
    1 minute ago via web

Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco.
    half a minute ago via web

http://twitter.com/johnelway
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false.
    less than 5 seconds ago via web

Yea, I just saw that also. What made him post all that? Was there rumors today that Tim would be moved from QB? or what?
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

It is in response the the rumour monger Peter King...
    there is a whole thread.
    To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can.

Quote:
    johnelway John Elway
    Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco.

Quote:
    johnelway John Elway
    Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false.

I think this settles it for sure.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

6. The Following User High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBJ View Post
    Yea, I just saw that also. What made him post all that? Was there rumors today that Tim would be moved from QB? or what?
    Peter King botched a report in the pre-game show.

Thank you Elway for clearing the air right away with our usual blood thirsty media. He didn't wait a day or two, he clarified right away on what he thinks of Tebow and that the Broncos in fact are NOT trading him.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    It is in response the the rumour monger Peter King...
    there is a whole thread.

Quote:
    johnelway John Elway

Quote:
    johnelway John Elway

I think this settles it for sure.
    Thanks. Guess I've been out of the loop I'll have to go see what rumors there are.

Glad John put it to rest.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

There you have it meltdown girls. Straight from the horses mouth (pun intended)

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post

Thank you Elway for clearing the air right away with our usual blood thirsty media. He didn't wait a day or two, he clarified right away on what he thinks of Tebow and that the Broncos in fact are NOT trading him.
    Yea, I missed the pregame show today. Glad to see Elway making full use of his twitter. Although it doesn't make it 100 percent true.

He might have told Peter King all that, and then got mad that King told everyone, so now hes backtracking.

You never know.

Wonder why King would say he spoke to Elway and Elway said that if its not true?
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Seriously though.. this whole play by Elway is more raw than any rookie move Tebow made this year.. lol

Tebow will be a great QB in every way at some point... If Elway becomes a great team manager it will be for the same reason so many Gators looked great -- because Tebow carried him on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    There you have it meltdown girls. Straight from the horses mouth (pun intended)
    Any constructive critisism Elway gives will always be misunderstood as Elway is "jealous" of Tebow. Elway was one of the greatest to EVER play the QB position and wants to take TT under his wing. So If I were Tebow I would really not take the negitive things Elway, our QB coaches or any other coach we bring in as "we don't think you're good enough for the NFL" but rather as a learning experience that will only make you better. Everyone in the Denver organization is pulling for TT to be great...not just an average QB.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

All I needed to hear.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

17. The Following User High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post

Thank you Elway for clearing the air right away with our usual blood thirsty media. He [waited for Luck to go back to school, then] he clarified right away on what he thinks of Tebow and that the Broncos in fact are NOT trading him.
    fixed.

Tebow was probably about to pull a Cutler over Elway's "you'd have to think about it" Luck comments, so Elway's smoothing the waters.
    If not me, who?

you guys may under-estimate that John was reacting to this and other similar Broncos boards.

I am not saying that he watches the boards, but I bet someone in the home office does and keeps a pulse of the fans, and when the shit started flying on the boards with all the negative talk immediately, John may have been advised to put out the fire quickly and not let it stew all weekend long.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

john didn't make the call, he just answered the phone. . .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

21. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBJ View Post
    Yea, I missed the pregame show today. Glad to see Elway making full use of his twitter. Although it doesn't make it 100 percent true.

He might have told Peter King all that, and then got mad that King told everyone, so now hes backtracking.

You never know.

Wonder why King would say he spoke to Elway and Elway said that if its not true?
    What King says that Elway said is the same thing Elway said in his press conference, which is that Tebow is not a very good QB at this time.

At his press conference he said he was a very good football player, but not yet a very good QB.

No backtracking needed when he's clearly already on record with this.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information