Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter King just said possible Tebow to San Fran

I watched it on TV. King said he talked with Elway on the phone - and Elway told him, "I don't think Tebow is a good NFL QB."

Now, a lot can be made out of that - and after King made the statement - he talked about Tebow to Minnesota IF McD is hired. BUT, the "IF McD goes to Minnesota, then Tim MIGHT be traded" is pure speculation.

One way or another... WTF? First off, of course I believe Elway over King - but the fact of the matter is something was probably said between Elway and King said along those lines. Followed by a bunch of "what ifs" or "would you do this, if you got that in return, etc."

I love Elway. Duh. But this is disappointing. I'll wait to hear the whole story, from both sides first - but if Tebow is traded.. I'll probably puke.

2. The Following User High Fived JONtheBRONCO For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Too Much to Tweet: Elway's Thoughts on Tim Tebow
    @BoHussey: Do you have all those Elway quotes about Tebow in one blog post?

Since you asked … all of Elway’s thoughts on Tebow from his press conference and his post-presser question-and-answer session with writing media (please note: press-conference quotes are courtesy of the transcript provided by Denver Broncos media relations):

ON WHAT HE THINKS OF TEBOW:
    “We had personnel meetings this morning with everybody — with the whole staff — and got through that and obviously we talked a lot about Tim. I have asked everybody if they had a chance to do the deal over that the Broncos did last year to get Tim (whether they would do it again) and they all said, ‘Yes.’ I think that he has been everything that everybody expected him to be as far as a person, a man, a leader, and what everybody heard about him — his intangibles. I think we had a chance to see a little bit of what Tim can do, having a chance to play those last three games. Obviously, with not a lot of practice time leading up to that, it was tough to be sharp. But, I think Tim has a lot of work to do and he would be the first one to admit that and we will get into that evaluation process as we get the new coach hired, but I would tell you this: as a man, as a football player — we all agree on one thing: Tim Tebow is a darn good football player. What we have to make him is a darn good quarterback and that is what we have to figure out. If there is anybody that is going to give himself a chance to be a darn quarterback or a great quarterback it is going to be Tim Tebow because that is how devoted he is to it and how important it is for him to be a great football player. I want to tell you this: he loves the Denver Broncos. I have had a chance to talk with him and he is everything about what we like in a football player as a Denver Bronco, so I look forward to meeting with Tim and obviously there is a lot of work to do, but we will get that evaluation as we move forward.”

ON IF A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE ABOUT TEBOW’S ROLE GOING FORWARD:
    “No, it hasn’t been made. That is one thing — the head coach is going to be in charge of that football team and he is going to run that football team, so obviously we will have plenty of conversations. He will have his opinion, I am sure, on Tim and whether they have studied him or not (when) they get to the interview process, but (they will also) understand the situation that we are in with Tim as well as the other quarterbacks we do have. So, there are going to be a lot of discussions with that and we will get to the bottom of that. Is Tim ready to go right now? He has had three games under his belt. I think with some film study there, whether he is ready to go right now or not, I think that is still in question.”

ON WHAT HE WILL DO IF A POTENTIAL HEAD COACH DOESN’T SEE TEBOW AS A GOOD FIT:
    “I don ‘t think a coach is going to say that, to be dead honest with you. Everyone is aware of what Tim Tebow is about and so I think that there is still a question — obviously you have guys way over here that say there is no way, you have guys over here that think (otherwise) — there are really not a lot of guys in the middle, but I think that anybody that comes in here and is going to be around Tim Tebow is going to understand that this guy is something special as a man and a person, willing to work with him to give him that opportunity to be the player that he wants. So, I don’t believe that anyone is going to come over and say, ‘I don’t want Tim Tebow. ‘ If they do, then maybe they are not the right guy for the job.”

ON WHAT HE SEES IN TEBOW:
    “What I see is he’s very raw when it comes down to drops, he’s very raw when it comes down to anticipation. He’s very raw — he’s a rookie, when it comes down to anticipating throws. Those are the things that he has to get a lot better at. He’s got the intangibles. He’s going to make the plays that you can’t coach, as he did against Houston. He’s going to make those plays, but he’s got to be able to, for us to win a championship, he’s got those intangibles, but he’s got to win it from within the pocket.”

ON TEBOW SAYING THAT YOU’RE NOT COACHING HIM MECHANICALLY, BUT MORE ON A PERSONAL, DAY-TO-DAY LEVEL ABOUT LIFE IN THE NFL:
    “You know, and that’s all we’ve really had a chance to talk about. But I look forward to getting with all the quarterbacks and sitting in the room and giving the advice that I can give with my experience and I think I can help them, and so I’m looking forward to having some hands-on tutoring with the quarterbacks here but also with all of them, to get out there and watch them throw and give them different things that I know, and hopefully it can help them.”

http://twitter.com/MaxBroncos
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    My bad on that one..I thought he said Mcdaniels was interviewing for SF OC
    its ok. sf was trying to get him. i could imagine anywhere he goes he will try and make a play for tebow or orton/ gaffney or llyod.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

6. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

I'm so paranoid about losing Tebow.

If he ends up being a stud somewhere else, I won't be able to stomach it.

I have a feeling we're going to see alot of these "Tebow trade blah blah" threads throughout the off season. Wish I could say differently, but its going to make for a long, nail bitting off season...

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

These are both from Peter Kings twitter
    SI_PeterKing

Elway tells me "at this time'' he doesn't think Tebow's a good NFL quarterback. I said on NBC that if McD gets job in spot that needs QB ...

SI_PeterKing

To clarify, John Elway never told me he wants to trade Tebow. My report was about how I thought McD, w/QB-needy team, could pursue trade.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

I will say though that Elway did set himself up for this with his comments about Tebow.. they wren't well thought out.

Seems we have two really raw rookies here -- Tebow AND Elway.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived MacGruder For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    These are both from Peter Kings twitter
    SI_PeterKing

Elway tells me "at this time'' he doesn't think Tebow's a good NFL quarterback. I said on NBC that if McD gets job in spot that needs QB ...

SI_PeterKing

To clarify, John Elway never told me he wants to trade Tebow. My report was about how I thought McD, w/QB-needy team, could pursue trade.

so in short.

elway thinks tebow "is very raw"
    elway never said he wanted to trade tebow
    mcd might want to trade for tebow if he goes to minn.

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

In Elways presser he said...
    "Tebow is a great football player. He needs to be developed into a great QB.
    He is not there yet.
    Any coach that comes in here will like Tebow... or he wont be a good fit here."

Many of Tebows detractors jumped on that statement to say.

"See! Elway says he is NOT a good QB."

Others of us view the whole statement and see that he is giving an honest assesmnet
    of where the kid is now...
    and that he said a Coach would not be a good fit if he doesn't like Tebow.

Peter King did the same thing... looking for any sensational headline he could find..
    in his brief little 25 second spot on national TV...
    he STARTED A RUMOUR.

Tebow has had to deal with this negative bullcrap all his life.
    He's a Bronco now..
    so we have to deal with it, too.

Peter King is a RUMOUR MONGER.

It changes NOTHING... him seeking noteriety.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    SI_PeterKing To clarify, John Elway never told me he wants to trade Tebow. My report was about how I thought McD, w/QB-needy team, could pursue trade.

Well, he may not have said that elway wanted to trade tebow, But he did say essentially that Elway is not a Tebow fan. Elway had better be careful.He is old and looking more like Gary Bussey every day. Tebow is young and Charismatic and has won the hearts of millions of Bronco fans. Elway doesnt want to be the guy who got rid of Tebow if he knows whats good for him.
    http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing

I would imagine that after King said what he did, he was flooded by Bronco personnel, sports writers, etc. What an idiot. Says something so far OFF, that he needs to clarify it, and his clarification was NOTHING like his initial statement

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Im sorry but John needs to be careful with his big mouth or he is off to a start similar to Mcdaniels/Cutler...Elway needs to say ONLY positive things about Tebow and then shut the "Bleep" up

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

i think elway is taking more time trying to find the right coach with tebow in mind. why would he even consider trading tebow after making sure we had a coach that wanted to coach tebow?

22. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Has anyone stop to think that maybe just maybe John meant that Tebow needs work on his game and that he's not throwing him under bus? I listened to his weekly radio segment that does on the Ticket and said that are several things Tebow to be a good quarterback. King is either doing poor job of explaining himself or he's reaching.

24. The Following 9 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    i think elway is taking more time trying to find the right coach with tebow in mind. why would he even consider trading tebow after making sure we had a coach that wanted to coach tebow?
    He's not. Thats why.

Tebow is a Bronco under contract for 4 more years...

Elway would be crucified if he tried to trade Tebow.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Overreaction Jackson!
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

28. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Elway is a genius! This type of talk will drive up the price of Orton. Internally, Tebow and Orton know that Tebow is staying but they have to sell that it's a possibility that Tebow can be dealt. Big time smokescreen that will ultimately net us a second round pick for Orton. You heard it here first.

30. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information