Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: John Fox on Broncos’ radar

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

I'm surprised they even won 2 games after the FO in Carolina called for a "younger generation" and they shipped out all the talent....

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    For every fan who likes the Fox idea... there are 5 who hate it.
    Same with Mularkey... Fewell... and on down the pike.
    There seems to be no consensus...
    except for one.

The only name I have heard... that I have not seen people hating on...

is Ron Rivera.

Just sayin'....
    well im far from a coaching guru. i have some small knowlege on the subject however. not a big fan of fox or mularkey either. however, i think that rivera deserves a shot. he should have gotten it in s.d. before the moron norve got it imo. i would be very pleased with rivera. hes from our conference (not that that really matters), he knows how to make a D(a 3-4 D at that) very good and i believe that players love the guy. just my thoughts on rivera.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived smith49 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    So you are:

1) Living in the past
    2) Looking for a one man savior
    oh well. what are you?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    oh well. what are you?
    I don't sit around waiting for Cutler and Shanny to walk through the door.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I don't sit around waiting for Cutler and Shanny to walk through the door.

you got me pegged. Actually, i am waiting for Terrell Davis and Steve Atwater to come back as offensive and defensive coordinators, repectively.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

But don't go out on a limb or anything and say who you want to get the job.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post

you got me pegged. Actually, i am waiting for Terrell Davis and Steve Atwater to come back as offensive and defensive coordinators, repectively.
    Live in the past.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Live in the past.
    It's fine here in the past. It's certainly better than our present or near future. So I'll stay here and sip some margaritas, thank you very much.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Are we really going to argue about the next coach based on keeping the 3-4 over the 4-3? Is it really that important? We were a top 10 defense under Coyer one year with the 4-3. We were a top 10 defense under Nolan with the 3-4. That same defense dropped to LAST in the league under Wink.

I look at the personnel we have now and say we're not equipped to run either very well, but I see what we have and the guys coming out in the draft D-line wise and have to think we'd actually be better off going back to a 4-3.

Personally, I'd rather just have a defense that's a good one because I don't give a flying shit what front we run. Whatever it takes to fix the defense is what we need to do. No more bullshit. If John Fox or Gregg Williams wants to come here and bring back the 4-3, I'm all for it. If Ron Rivera (who has coached both) comes in and analyzes and decides it's easier to stay 3-4 or to switch back to the 4-3 I don't care. I just want the "D" in Denver to stand for again!

It's like complaining about a potential HC's because of what offense they ran when they were OCs. 1/2 the folks want to get back to the Shanahan/Kubiak/Dennison ZBS and the other want us to stay with the McDaniels/Bellicheat spread. I DON'T CARE WHAT WE RUN, I WANT GODDAMN WINS! I want a HC who knows how to coach and motivate his players. Who knows how to delegate and let his coordinators do their jobs. Who realizes that this TEAM is not all about him and that he shouldn't be the "face of the franchise" - his players should be.

That's what I want and I could give a shit less what defensive front they want to run. Funny how before the internet age and the age of all of us self-righteous, I own the playbook, know-it-alls, nobody even cared what schemes or fronts we ran. It was about winning. Now guys are talking about blackballing coaches from interviews based on the "system" they ran on their old team? We are too smart and too stupid for our own good sometimes.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information