Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Ron Rivera - Experienced Defensive Co-ordinator

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Defensive geniuses tend to know defense.

Being a good defensive coordinator doesn't mean a guy will be good head coach see Dom Capers.
    Lets not forget... Dom Capers took a second year team to the NFC Championship game (Carolina).......

Bill Bellicheat seems to know Offense, Lovie Smith seems to also, Mike Smith down in Atlanta....Defense.....Foot boy for the JETS, Mike Tomlin and his Steelers,

ALL four teams with a bye this year have Defense minded coaches!!!!

I would rather have a great defense, and average O than a Great O and terrible d.

Right now..... Defense is running the NFL playoffs 8 out of the top 10 D are in the playoffs... only 5 of the top 10 O's are in

Capers took over 2 expansion teams... not easy to do.

3. The Following User High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Juriga72 View Post
    Bill Bellicheat seems to know Offense, Lovie Smith seems to also, Mike Smith down in Atlanta....Defense.....

I would rather have a great defense, and average O than a Great O and terrible d.

Right now..... Defense is running the NFL playoffs 8 out of the top 10 D are in the playoffs... only 5 of the top 10 O's are in
    Bill does? Since when? Come on Juriga, Lovie Smith knows offense? If did why the hell did hire Mike Martz? And Mike Smith has Mularkey running his offense.

I would rather be as good as I can be on both sides of the ball.

True 8 of the top 10 defensive are in playoffs but I think you're oversimplifying things. Because those teams also have more common than just good defense. Many of those teams have an elite quarterback and a terrific running game on offense.

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Bill does? Since when? Come on Juriga, Lovie Smith knows offense? If did why the hell did hire Mike Martz? And Mike Smith has Mularkey running his offense.

I would rather be as good as I can be on both sides of the ball.

True 8 of the top 10 defensive are in playoffs but I think you're oversimplifying things. Because those teams also have more common than just good defense. Many of those teams have an elite quarterback and a terrific running game on offense.
    Ok.... WHo had the hgihest scoring offense this year???? LOL
    I am just saying that with a STUD defense you can get to the Super Bowl...

YES.. I would think that Tebow could get a "Average" offense with the boy scout troop master leading it INTO the playoffs.

Even you seem to understand that with Martz getting ( BTW fired from 3 jobs) a VERY poor O-line into the playoffs at 11-5....

Not saying its gospel... but the whole "lets have a great Offense and see if we can carry the defense" has not worked here for about 7 years...

Lets try it the other way ....Yards are nice, but i want a defense to keep us in games.

I actually wouldn't be totally upset if Dom Capers came here as the HC. He's a great defensive mind and he isn't afraid to open it up on offense.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information