Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ron Rivera - Experienced Defensive Co-ordinator

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I guess I expect the BRONCOS to take their time but also they should be putting in the overtime to be doing interviews and evaluations. Do they an interview today with anyone....I haven't heard! I would expect at least an interview a day and even on Saturdays to weigh in their options!

No I don't know if the BRONCOS are calling candidates and they are turning down the offer!

Quote Originally Posted by Juriga72 View Post
    Thats why John flew to watch Stanford play its bowl game.......
    Well.. he might have flown there to watch the game because it was Stanford playing, AND because he was made an honorary captain.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

F-Elway and his list....

Seriously John.. This aint the AFL
    Yea, cause it's Elway's list and Elway's list alone. Poor guy...this just shows that no matter what, he'll be on the coals if he doesn't do what fans want him to do. And funny thing is....I don't think it's his sole responsibility to find a coach...something would give me the idea that he's got a lot of heads involved in picking a coach.

I can understand fans eating McD for lunch, but Elway is on the job for a total of 3 days and he's already getting an F Elway.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Thats why John flew to watch Stanford play its bowl game.......
    He was honored at that game because of his play at Stanford. Geez.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Who's in a hurry? Most people would like to see as many HC interviewed as possible and trust the FO makes the right choice especially the ones that are available right now who aren't in the playoffs!! I am not stuck on a particular HC but I do have a favorite candidate like most do, but again if the he's not the guy according to the BRONCOS then so be it but at least give him/them an interview. If the BRONCOS FO does not believe any available HC coaching candidates, not in the playoffs, fit the BRONCOS then we'll have to wait until after each team is eliminated for a targeted coach!
    For your first point....if they named a guy tomorrow they haven't gone through the steps needed to check into everyone available to make sure he is the right guy. Geez....it was just posted that Rivera is in consideration. Give them a minute, they might surprise ya.

9. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don't think the team needs to hurry. This is just a guy I was hoping they would be considering especially when all the other names being considered are so bleh.
    And it's already been reported that he is in consideration.

11. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Just curious why a lot of you think we need to be in a huge hurry. Some of the best coaching prospects are still coaching.
    Carolina is interviewing Rivera, we need to get an interview ASAP just to give him options. If he is down the list (for whatever reason) then we need to step up the pressure so the Panthers don't get him before we talk to him.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

I said this on the Charger boad and they agreed with me that he would make a good HC.

I hope he get a chance. More excited about him than a Mike Mularkey type (he turned us down? not following too closely)

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    Carolina is interviewing Rivera, we need to get an interview ASAP just to give him options. If he is down the list (for whatever reason) then we need to step up the pressure so the Panthers don't get him before we talk to him.
    Time will tell.
    It almost seems like Rivera is not their guy, though.
    They cerrtainly did not tout him the way harbaugh was.

I like Rivera... I really dont get it...
    but for whatever reason... they are dragging their feet on Ron.
    Heck.. he even satisfies the Roony Rule.
    They would have Studs and Rivera both in that respect.

I just dont get it.

I really wonder if there is something we dont know about behind the scenes.
    It really makes no sense.

16. The Following User High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

The F Elway sentiment confuses me.

First of all, part of the mistake that was Josh McDaniels is this team rushed into that hiring. It was Frazier, Garrett, and McDaniels who had real interviews. McDaniels was ushered in quickly and their was some dissent then about that move.

Now we are F-ing Elway because this thing isn't moving as fast as some of us would like it to?

Personally, the coach and the hire don't matter like it used to. Its not like we need a coach here today to prepare for the draft and get his scouting department together. That's what the new organization and structure is for!

That said, this team SHOULD take their sweet time. It will only benefit them if they do. Crazy things happen and a potential coach may feel slighted by another team and decide on Denver when they might have been a long shot i.e. Harbaugh w/ Miami then settling on SF. Besides, there are plenty of great coaches this team can't speak to until their team is out of the playoffs!

18. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post

First of all, part of the mistake that was Josh McDaniels is this team rushed into that hiring. It was Frazier, Garrett, and McDaniels who had real interviews. McDaniels was ushered in quickly and their was some dissent then about that move.

Now we are F-ing Elway because this thing isn't moving as fast as some of us would like it to?

Personally, the coach and the hire don't matter like it used to. Its not like we need a coach here today to prepare for the draft and get his scouting department together. That's what the new organization and structure is for!

That said, this team SHOULD take their sweet time. It will only benefit them if they do. Crazy things happen and a potential coach may feel slighted by another team and decide on Denver when they might have been a long shot i.e. Harbaugh w/ Miami then settling on SF. Besides, there are plenty of great coaches this team can't speak to until their team is out of the playoffs!
    No...
    I personally am F-ing Elway because he is wanting to interview OFFENSIVE coaches....

See.... McDummy was a OFFENSIVE genius.... SHANNY was a OFFENSIVE genius..........

Offensive geniuses tend to know OFFENSE....

F- that...we need DEFENSE help.

Rivera
    Capers... you know guys who coached the #1 and #4 defense this year. Elway is "Claiming" that Rivera is "Way down his list"....

F-that John...get you arse on a plane and get someone who can improve our defense right f-ing now
    Last edited by Juriga72; 01-08-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post

I guess, for me, it's who Elway is choosing to interview first... There are 2 other openings, and the Browns seem to be moving faster and at a more professional rate than we are.

Carolina is interviewing Rivera, we haven't even spoken to him... Why the hell are guys like Studesville, Mularkey, and Fox higher up the list than guys like Rivera, Gruden, and others...?

Dennison, ok, I get that, but I don't see anyone else trying to get at him.

We should be interviewing guys like Harbaugh and Rivera ASAP, because there is demand for them.

I guess I just kind of think Elway's list sucks, at least the list he has given us. Hopefully it's just a smokescreen.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    I said this on the Charger boad and they agreed with me that he would make a good HC.

I hope he get a chance. More excited about him than a Mike Mularkey type (he turned us down? not following too closely)
    It is interesting that Charger fans are all behind the guy.
    That says a lot about him.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    He was honored at that game because of his play at Stanford. Geez.
    As I explained earlier..... Ok fine get named to be a Bowl "Captain"...good.

NOW-
    #1- JUST hired for front office who just fired its HC- SHOULD be pretty busy checking out guys to hire right? OH lookee here... THERE'S one standing right there at the game (Harbaugh). What was that John??? What did you say on your own radio show this week??

Elway said on his weekly radio show on 87.7 The Ticket in Denver on Friday morning that he thought Harbaugh was staying in the college ranks, either at Stanford or maybe Michigan, his alma mater. Stanford looked like the leader after star quarterback Andrew Luck decided to stick around for another season.

Elway had reached out to Harbaugh while serving as an honorary captain for his alma mater at the Orange Bowl, where the Cardinal beat Virginia Tech 40-12 to finish 12-1.

"I told Jim when we were down at the Orange Bowl that if he was interested in coming to the NFL, we would love to be able to talk to him," Elway said on his show.

#2- Lookee here... "We's got the #2 pick this draft"- Oh boy.... Look who else is standing right there on the sideline ( Luck)... MAYBE I should go introduce myself to Andrew....."HI Andrew... MY name Is John Elway...you might know me as a HOF qb from Denver.... You know where I am now in charge of DRAFTING people also besides hiring new head coaches".....

#3-IF you could also believe it.... LAST year Elway turned DOWN the invitation to be "Stanford Sun Bowl Captain" LAST year....because he was "Too busy" ( Per ESPN The Herd show yesterday)

yeah...... too busy LAST year... not so busy this year...Hmmmmmmmm

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

No...
    I personally am F-ing Elway because he is wanting to interview OFFENSIVE coaches....

See.... McDummy was a OFFENSIVE genius.... SHANNY was a OFFENSIVE genius..........

Offensive geniuses tend to know OFFENSE....

F- that...we need DEFENSE help.

Rivera
    Capers... you know guys who coached the #1 and #4 defense this year. Elway is "Claiming" that Rivera is "Way down his list"....

F-that John...get you arse on a plane and get someone who can improve our defense right f-ing now

Defensive geniuses tend to know defense.

Being a good defensive coordinator doesn't mean a guy will be good head coach see Dom Capers.

26. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information