Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ron Rivera - Experienced Defensive Co-ordinator

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Broncos general manager Brian Xanders said Friday on Sirius/XM Radio that San Diego Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera and New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams are among those the Broncos are targeting.
    Per NFLN
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

So, you guys feel that he SHOULD be doing this, and now want to be on his case because we havent' signed a coach in 5 days? I'm glad we are being thorough, and I also don't think Rivera should be at the top of the list.

It was pretty clear that Harbaugh was staying in San Fran or Stanford. Why do you guys want him to waste his time and resources on dead ends? Harbaugh turned down a LOT more money to stay in California. What do you suppose we had to offer?

Unbelievable
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

I like Ron Rivera.

6. The Following 7 Users High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

And I stand by what I said, that if we do infact interview him, Ron Rivera will literally become the fan favorite for the position.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by camdisco24 View Post
    I never saw that Harbaugh was a primary candidate... Elway said his name "had been thrown around" and thats it. If they really wanted him, they didnt pursue him very hard IMO.
    Thats why John flew to watch Stanford play its bowl game.......

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    And I stand by what I said, that if we do infact interview him, Ron Rivera will literally become the fan favorite for the position.
    He's suceeded twice in two different defensive systems. There are alot of offensive guys we can get.......

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Juriga72 For This Post:

It's shocking to me that he wasn't the first guy we approached. How many times do we need to watch the Chargers shut down our "high-powered" offense before we realize there is a man behind the schemes?

Rivera would be solid.

As far as our "candidates" go, here is my list:

1.) Rivera
    2.) Dennison

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

exactly. I like guys with proven track records. He has one...

Its no coincidence that coyer had a good track record and when he left our defense fell apart. We bring in a guy with and drop him mid season, then we have slowick who has a proven track record of sucking the sack. Sure enough we bring in another guy with a proven track records of being good. Nolan, and our defense is once again back to par. We lose him and defense goes to shit.

Track records mean a lot. This guy has shown he can produce. That is why I like him so much. The other guys have potential and such but right now when IMO we are a defense away lets take history on our side and kick some ass.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Im all for Rivera, dude can flat out coach and has been proven to make adjustments.

If Im not mistaken he went to coaching a dominant 4-3 tampa 2 defense in Chicago to a dominant 3-4 defense in San Diego. That has to tell you something.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

That's all we are asking is for the BRONCOS FO to give Rivera an interview!!

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

This isn't unexpected, but I hate it. Ron is a fantastic coordinator and will probably make a very good head coach. His players respect him and he gets the most out of them. Not one pro-bowler on the Bolts defense this year, but they still ended up number one.

Regarding that number one rating, it's a bit skewed. The special teams were so bad, that there wasn't a whole lot of yards to go to score, thus number 10 in points allowed. Regardless, he is very good and I really don't want him going to the Broncos.
    Last edited by NorthernLights; 01-08-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    Gimme some footyball, please!

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived NorthernLights For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mario Haggan

Quote Originally Posted by Juriga72 View Post
    Thats why John flew to watch Stanford play its bowl game.......
    He flew to the Bowl game because he was an honorary captain, you know he went to stanford right? He's got more connections there than just Harbaugh.

Lets be clear about Rivera he's been on a lot of people's short lists for headcoaching jobs and never gotten one. There's probably something that we don't know about what's going. So let's give JOHN ELWAY the benefit of the doubt before we start ripping into him.

Also keep in mind that just because he's been a great Defensive Co-ordinater doesn't mean that he will be a great head coach. He could turn out to be great or he could turn out like Dom Capers, Dick Lebeau, or Wade Phillips.

I think the front office is going about this the right way, look at all the candidates and find the right guy.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Fan in Exile For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Just curious why a lot of you think we need to be in a huge hurry. Some of the best coaching prospects are still coaching.

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Just curious why a lot of you think we need to be in a huge hurry. Some of the best coaching prospects are still coaching.
    Who's in a hurry? Most people would like to see as many HC interviewed as possible and trust the FO makes the right choice especially the ones that are available right now who aren't in the playoffs!! I am not stuck on a particular HC but I do have a favorite candidate like most do, but again if the he's not the guy according to the BRONCOS then so be it but at least give him/them an interview. If the BRONCOS FO does not believe any available HC coaching candidates, not in the playoffs, fit the BRONCOS then we'll have to wait until after each team is eliminated for a targeted coach!
    Last edited by Nomad; 01-08-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I don't think the team needs to hurry. This is just a guy I was hoping they would be considering especially when all the other names being considered are so bleh.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information