Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Tim Tebow can throw the dang ball....

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Quote Originally Posted by robert ethan View Post
    Wait a minute, Tebow was a 5 star recruit and the top rated QB in the country coming out of high school. Did you see the documentary ESPN made about him and the recruiting process? The family was getting dozens of calls and letters a day. I think he had 80+ different offers. Don't create a tale just because it sounds good.
    Not creating a tale at all... I got all that stuff from the commercial that played last night during his documentary.

Direct quote: "They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship"

I know he was a big time recruit, but its no secret that he had tons of people saying he would never make it as a QB in college. I remember reading reports that said he should move to TE or FB because that "left handed rocket arm" isn't accurate enough to be worth anything in the NCAA. There were plenty of people who wanted him to make the change from QB to TE/FB, hence the reason why I said "as a QB" and not just D1 scholarship alone.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Tebow approaches life and football like an Olympic athlete. Its 24/7. Like an Olympic decathlete who from month to month jumps higher, throws further and runs faster than he did before. Constant and never ending improvement. Like a Gymnast who performs the same routine thousands and thousands of times until he gets it perfect. At first, certain new moves seem awkward, but with repetition it gets ingrained in his nervous system. Speed, timing and accuracy get better and better.

Tebow was the best athlete at the combine and he is progressively improving on all those numbers. If he can keep his receivers in Denver this offseason it will be a daily regimen. Drilling over and over and over. When other quarterbacks take time off, Tebow will continue to study and train. He will come into training camp so far ahead of where he left off against San Diego. That is one thing we can be certain of.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

In EVERY practice... he wins the wind sprints every time.

They asked him why on the radio...
    why so driven to win even the wind sprints?

His reply... I paraphrase...

" I do the BEST I can do at anything I do. If it is tying my shoes...
    I do the BEST I can do. It is who I want to be. The BEST I can be."

The guy has a higher standard that he sets for himself. Excellence.

I am thrilled to have him as the captain of our team.

"There is not one person that will outwork me
    I'm your guy
    I'm going to win a championship
    Let's do it together
    Push me for greatness
    Because I can get there."

Many months ago I read an interview of Tebow where he was asked about his lack of experience with a pro-style offense. He said " they (college coaches) told me what kind of football to play and I did it to the best of my ability". Looking back, he obviously played well enough. I have reason to think he will be sucessful at the pro level also. He may never be a pure pocket passer, but I believe he brings alot more to the game to compensate for that. I doubt that we will ever get bored watching him play.

Quote Originally Posted by camdisco24 View Post
    Not creating a tale at all... I got all that stuff from the commercial that played last night during his documentary.

Direct quote: "They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship"

I know he was a big time recruit, but its no secret that he had tons of people saying he would never make it as a QB in college. I remember reading reports that said he should move to TE or FB because that "left handed rocket arm" isn't accurate enough to be worth anything in the NCAA. There were plenty of people who wanted him to make the change from QB to TE/FB, hence the reason why I said "as a QB" and not just D1 scholarship alone.

You have NO Idea what you are talking about, go do your research instead of trying to take one piece out of a commercial that aired on TV.

Tebow was Mr. Florida football his senior year in HS, and had his choice of D1 schools that wanted him to come play QB for them.

the quote from the commercial is in reference to all those "people that said he would never make it and get a D1 scholarship" not that he DIDN'T get one.

I am reminded of a commercial that aires on TV right now something about a JACKWAGON and thinking it fits here..........

get your fact right

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Quote Originally Posted by lgenf View Post
    You have NO Idea what you are talking about, go do your research instead of trying to take one piece out of a commercial that aired on TV.

Tebow was Mr. Florida football his senior year in HS, and had his choice of D1 schools that wanted him to come play QB for them.

the quote from the commercial is in reference to all those "people that said he would never make it and get a D1 scholarship" not that he DIDN'T get one.

I am reminded of a commercial that aires on TV right now something about a JACKWAGON and thinking it fits here..........

get your fact right
    Calm down, I NEVER said that he didn't get one, I never even implied that. I was talking about all the BS Tebow heard leading up to college from people who wanted him to play another position. I NEVER said he wasn't a big deal recruit or that he was struggling to get a scholarship. The scholarships were there, but they nay-sayers were loud too.

We're on the same side of this argument so I don't know what you're getting all worked up over. You just made the exact point that I was trying to make to the person who responded to me.

Put down your Tebow pitchfork and go back and read what I've been saying all throughout this thread before you start off with a response telling me I have "no idea what im talking about".

Calm down, I NEVER said that he didn't get one, I never even implied that. I was talking about all the BS Tebow heard leading up to college from people who wanted him to play another position. I NEVER said he wasn't a big deal recruit or that he was struggling to get a scholarship. The scholarships were there, but they nay-sayers were loud too.

We're on the same side of this argument so I don't know what you're getting all worked up over. You just made the exact point that I was trying to make to the person who responded to me.

Put down your Tebow pitchfork and go back and read what I've been saying all throughout this thread before you start off with a response telling me I have "no idea what im talking about".
    pitchfork down

I just get tired of all the naysayers

with no more then a weeks practice he went into to oakland game with a crappy gameplan and did OK

with no more then 2 weeks practice he went into the Texans game with a crappy first half game plan - did ok and had a decent game plan for the 2nd half and did WELL

Then going into the SD game with 3 weeks practice and against the No 1 defense in the league (or so it was reported) he did OK, accuracy was shaky but they were still in it at the end

too many people want to see him fail and I am one that has watched him succeed for 4 years so I get a little jumpy, sorry

9. The Following User High Fived lgenf For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Quote Originally Posted by lgenf View Post
    pitchfork down

I just get tired of all the naysayers

with no more then a weeks practice he went into to oakland game with a crappy gameplan and did OK

with no more then 2 weeks practice he went into the Texans game with a crappy first half game plan - did ok and had a decent game plan for the 2nd half and did WELL

Then going into the SD game with 3 weeks practice and against the No 1 defense in the league (or so it was reported) he did OK, accuracy was shaky but they were still in it at the end

too many people want to see him fail and I am one that has watched him succeed for 4 years so I get a little jumpy, sorry
    No big deal, and i understand.

I want him to succeed too. I've never seen a player with so much passion for the game. I hope he becomes a great Bronco and I'll be rooting for him along the way. The nay-sayers will never go away, but I'm pretty sure thats Tebow's fuel, so they can stick around.

11. The Following User High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    WTF is your point? I like the Tebow threads and so do most of the people on this board. If you dont like the Tebow threads then stop going to them and stop posting on them. Your unabashed man love for Orton is annoying to people. Especially when we have to look at all your posts on the Tebow threads.
    I talk about Orton less than 90% of people on this board.

Thats what they said to him in:

High School as a QB
    Trying to get a DI scholarship as a QB (it'll never happen)
    College QB... no way, not enough skills, won't make it.
    The kid can't win a Hiesman...
    Florida will never win a national championship with Tebow as QB... he shouldn't even be a QB.
    No way he get's drafted in the first round of the NFL draft.

His chances at success in the NFL aren't that great? We'll just have to see. If his journey to where he is now is any indication... I would say Mr. Tebow's chances at success are much higher then you're giving him credit for.
    Who said he wouldn't be a good college QB? He was one of the top recruits of his year, his skills are perfect for the college game. And he wouldn't have been a first round pick if McDumbass didn't take him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    I talk about Orton less than 90% of people on this board.

Who said he wouldn't be a good college QB? He was one of the top recruits of his year, his skills are perfect for the college game. And he wouldn't have been a first round pick if McDumbass didn't take him.
    I've already responded to that question about three times. I don't have names and I don't care to look up names. He's had downers his whole life and his path to college had haters too.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information