Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow can throw the dang ball....

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    I've been a Broncos fan long before I knew who Kyle Orton was, and I wasn't even a fan of him until this year, sooo...

And I'm not the only one who finds the amount of threads about a rookie who started 3 games for us annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzz4169 View Post
    What's the problem? My post didn't see very difficult to read and/or understand.

God, Tebow is exciting as hell. They keep trashing his throwing style, saying it won't work in the NFL. How about you give the kid a chance?

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived UrbanBounca For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

I think people keep knocking on him because they don't want to admit that he could be good after they said he wouldn't.

And I still hold a position that a lot of the "experts" still don't like him because of how open he is about his religious beliefs. He will just have to shut them up like Kurt Warner did.
    Thanks Shake!

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dirk For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
    God, Tebow is exciting as hell. They keep trashing his throwing style, saying it won't work in the NFL. How about you give the kid a chance?
    That clip speaks louder than any post a guy could make.

The detractors just buzz in my ear like mosquitoes...
    with all of their negative speculation...
    I just will fall back on what the guy DID...
    instead of what they say he can't do.

Go Broncos 2011.

8. The Following User High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    That clip speaks louder than any post a guy could make.

The detractors just buzz in my ear like mosquitoes...
    with all of their negative speculation...
    I just will fall back on what the guy DID...
    instead of what they say he can't do.

Go Broncos 2011.
    I mean, I was sold on Luck. He's a fantastic QB, especially at the college level, but after seeing this clip, I'm extremely happy with Tebow. I'm looking forward to the 2011-2012 season, when Tebow can really shine.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived UrbanBounca For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
    I mean, I was sold on Luck. He's a fantastic QB, especially at the college level, but after seeing this clip, I'm extremely happy with Tebow. I'm looking forward to the 2011-2012 season, when Tebow can really shine.
    He is still going to make his rookie mistakes, but he will give us a chance in every game IMO. (that is if they do a little to fix this defense )
    Thanks Shake!

12. The Following User High Fived Dirk For This Post:

I don't think it's an either/or situation with Tebow. He fits somewhere in the middle of the spectrum, even though his fans and detractors tend to congregate on either end.

But they do face a huge decision at the draft. I think that Blaine Gabbert could end up one of the top two picks. Beyond Gabbert and Bowers there is a big dropoff. Likely they will trade out to a team that really needs a potential franchise QB, if Bowers is taken. But those same teams will also be asking about Tebow. The trade value for Tebow, who has a great college resume and a promising if brief pro resume, will probably be similar to that of Gabbert who has more classical QB tools, but is a couple of years younger and doesn't have much of a proven track record. With Orton and Quinn still around Denver has the luxury of waiting a year or two on a kid like Gabbert if they think he will be better in the long run.

A lot will depend on the trade market at the draft, I believe. The offers for Orton, Tebow, and the second overall pick have to be weighed and considered against each other. It might be a very interesting time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Quote Originally Posted by robert ethan View Post
    I don't think it's an either/or situation with Tebow. He fits somewhere in the middle of the spectrum, even though his fans and detractors tend to congregate on either end.

But they do face a huge decision at the draft. I think that Blaine Gabbert could end up one of the top two picks. Beyond Gabbert and Bowers there is a big dropoff. Likely they will trade out to a team that really needs a potential franchise QB, if Bowers is taken. But those same teams will also be asking about Tebow. The trade value for Tebow, who has a great college resume and a promising if brief pro resume, will probably be similar to that of Gabbert who has more classical QB tools, but is a couple of years younger and doesn't have much of a proven track record. With Orton and Quinn still around Denver has the luxury of waiting a year or two on a kid like Gabbert if they think he will be better in the long run.

A lot will depend on the trade market at the draft, I believe. The offers for Orton, Tebow, and the second overall pick have to be weighed and considered against each other. It might be a very interesting time.
    I think there is little to no chance we listen to offers for Tebow. Too much upside to get rid of him after only three starts. Not to mention, if it happens, if will show total disconnect from the fans and you know it wouldn't go over well.

You're in a fantasy world if you think the Broncos would take a chance on another QB, possibly setting the organization back another 2-3 years.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

15. The Following User High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Lookat the fan reaction to trading Hillis and a pick...
    for Quinn.

Can you imagine if Elway and Xanders traded Tebow...
    and Tim went on to greatness FOR ANOTHER TEAM?

I seriously doubt they trade Tebow when Orton will get them
    the same #2 pick that Tebow would bring in.

And I dont think the deal is any sweeter if the other team
    throws in some old player they dont need any more.

Quote Originally Posted by camdisco24 View Post
    I think there is little to no chance we listen to offers for Tebow. Too much upside to get rid of him after only three starts. Not to mention, if it happens, if will show total disconnect from the fans and you know it wouldn't go over well.

You're in a fantasy world if you think the Broncos would take a chance on another QB, possibly setting the organization back another 2-3 years.
    I don't think it is a fantasy world at all. After all, we have already seen it happen with this franchise just a short while ago. I think people said the same thing about McD and Cutler and look how that turned out.

Sure it isn't likely, but as we have seen if the offer is good enough any FO would at least consider it even if they had no mindset to get rid of a player in the first place.

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Quote Originally Posted by jlarsiii View Post
    I don't think it is a fantasy world at all. After all, we have already seen it happen with this franchise just a short while ago. I think people said the same thing about McD and Cutler and look how that turned out.

Sure it isn't likely, but as we have seen if the offer is good enough any FO would at least consider it even if they had no mindset to get rid of a player in the first place.
    Exactly why it WONT happen again.

Xanders has distanced himself from McD.
    They are NOT going to repeat the same mistake.
    A new HC will NOT have the power to come in here and trade Tebow off.
    They have made the organizational structure quite clear.
    Personel moves are on Xanders and Elway.

A catastrophe like you describe will lay at the feet of Elway.
    Not gonna happen.

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    Exactly why it WONT happen again.

Xanders has distanced himself from McD.
    They are NOT going to repeat the same mistake.
    A new HC will NOT have the power to come in here and trade Tebow off.
    They have made the organizational structure quite clear.
    Personel moves are on Xanders and Elway.

A catastrophe like you describe will lay at the feet of Elway.
    Not gonna happen.
    Elway already has said Rivera is "Way down the list of coaches"....

REALLY??????

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Quote Originally Posted by jlarsiii View Post

That's my point, Josh McDaniels was in a fantasy world when he actually tried to acquire Matt Cassell over JAY CUTLER. That turned out horribly and I hope the front office learned their lesson (even though it mostly was on McD and Jay)

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Juriga72 View Post
    Elway already has said Rivera is "Way down the list of coaches"....

REALLY??????
    So Elway has been on the job since Wednesday and on Friday you are already unhappy with him?

23. The Following User High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information