Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Should The Broncos Re-Sign Champ Bailey And Move Him To Safety?

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Oh, I doubt Champ is a Tebow groupie like so many here.

A perfunctory compliment is not to be taken seriously. Champ is out for
    Champ. He wants a chance at a SB. He doesn't care if Brady Quinn is the QB.

------
    He deserves a little more credit than that. Obviously he wants to play for a contender and wants the contract he feels he deserves, but if he was only about that he would have demanded a trade a long time ago.

He said he wants to stay in Denver first and foremost. I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BigSarge87 View Post
    He deserves a little more credit than that. Obviously he wants to play for a contender and wants the contract he feels he deserves, but if he was only about that he would have demanded a trade a long time ago.

He said he wants to stay in Denver first and foremost. I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt.
    Don't give me that crap. Champ is not going to idolize a 22-year-old tyro in the NFL.

(Please excuse me. Part of this may be the brandy speaking. Reminds me of
    a Gunsmoke episode. Marshall Dillon was asked whether this drunk who was
    challenging him would draw on him. He replied, "I don't think he would, but
    his whiskey might." Beware of the sop who challenges you. )

-----
    Last edited by topscribe; 01-06-2011 at 11:57 PM.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Don't give me that crap. Champ is not going to idolize a 22-year-old tyro in the NFL.

(Please excuse me. Part of this may be the brandy speaking. Reminds me of
    a Gunsmoke episode. Marshall Dillon was asked whether this drunk who was
    challenging him would draw on him. He replied, "I don't think he would, but
    his whiskey might." Beware of the sop who challenges you. )

-----
    HA HA, no problem! I've been lurking around this site long enough to know what you drink at night.

Back to the point, I didn't say he wanted to lick Tebow's cup clean (I love that one), I just said he expressed interest in seeing what happens with him and I don't think he's ever given us a reason to doubt his sincerity.

Sorry, I don't know what a tyro is. Still awake? LOL
    Last edited by BigSarge87; 01-07-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BigSarge87 View Post
    HA HA, no problem! I've been lurking around this site long enough to know what your all about.

Back to the point, I didn't say he wanted to lick Tebow's cup clean (I love that one), I just said he expressed interest in seeing what happens with him and I don't think he's ever given us a reason to doubt his sincerity.

Sorry, I don't know what a tyro is. Still awake? LOL
    So what the **** am I all about? I don't even know.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

There, fixed my post.

8. The Following User High Fived BigSarge87 For This Post:

I think they should resign him because he showed what he can do in teh last few games.

I suspect down the road a few years he may want to play safety..

Can't thin of a better place to retire.

It would be a great boon to the team to have one of its Leaders back on the team next year.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I pretty sure Champ would make a good safety.
    Ok we hash this out all the time. And I really don't know right now if this would be good or not for Champ and the team.

But yesterday I saw a much slower Champ than I have ever saw. Torry Smith is a very fast WR but when did that ever stop Champ before? It was uncharacteristic by Bailey yes but it was happening the whole game. In fact games earlier in the year I saw Champ get beat alot and sometimes the QBs didnt even know it, well because they don't look Champs way too much. But Champ did get exposed.

Picture Porter coming back next year. I dont think Porter would be a good safety but I do want the best players on the field and I think Porter, when healthy, is a damn good CB. So keep Porter and Harris as our two CBs on the outside. I think Harris would be the best option at safety but I think Champ would be even better than he is now because he would have more time to make his adjustments on the WRs. Champ does know the position and I believe it would be an easy transition.

Rahim Moore actually played well this year and he choose the worst game of the year to have such a costly mistake but I want our team to be elite, not just good. But I think Champ would do better as a FS rather than a SS.

Earlier in the year I was really against the idea but after what I saw against the Ravens then I'm not so sure anymore. This could all be moot if Porter can not recover and won't be healthy.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Ok we hash this out all the time. And I really don't know right now if this would be good or not for Champ and the team.

But yesterday I saw a much slower Champ than I have ever saw. Torry Smith is a very fast WR but when did that ever stop Champ before? It was uncharacteristic by Bailey yes but it was happening the whole game. In fact games earlier in the year I saw Champ get beat alot and sometimes the QBs didnt even know it, well because they don't look Champs way too much. But Champ did get exposed.

Picture Porter coming back next year. I dont think Porter would be a good safety but I do want the best players on the field and I think Porter, when healthy, is a damn good CB. So keep Porter and Harris as our two CBs on the outside. I think Harris would be the best option at safety but I think Champ would be even better than he is now because he would have more time to make his adjustments on the WRs. Champ does know the position and I believe it would be an easy transition.

Rahim Moore actually played well this year and he choose the worst game of the year to have such a costly mistake but I want our team to be elite, not just good. But I think Champ would do better as a FS rather than a SS.

Earlier in the year I was really against the idea but after what I saw against the Ravens then I'm not so sure anymore. This could all be moot if Porter can not recover and won't be healthy.
    Having one bad doesn't mean he can't corner anymore. Porter when healthy is solid corner but I don't think he's going be sticking around. Harris and Carter have proven they can play.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Having one bad doesn't mean he can't corner anymore. Porter when healthy is solid corner but I don't think he's going be sticking around. Harris and Carter have proven they can play.
    True but I have seen Porter make some game changing plays as a CB. Harris and Porter both can create turnovers, that's something I see Champ do rarely nowdays. Champ is good bump and run, deflecting passes and tackling but he has been getting burned this season. Like I said the QBs might not even notice because they don't looks Champs way a whole lot but I do notice even if the play didnt happen.

For the logevity of his career and to give his older legs less pressure it might be better for him to evaluate from furhter back.

I doubt Porter will be back though and Rahim Moore was actually good the whole year until that very very costly play. I'm on the fence still because I don't really know but I hope the Broncos at least entertain the idea.

Dawkins would have been huge this year!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I think Saturdays game was a bad match up for Champ. I think he should have been on Boldin and Harris on Smith. Smith is mostly about running seam routes down the field and tries to out pace defense. That is his play and since the Ravens have that deep threat they have been a much better team offensively.

The bad plays by Moore i would write up as inexperienced play. He has improved a lot of the season. I just would like to see him play mistake free.

15. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I think Saturdays game was a bad match up for Champ. I think he should have been on Boldin and Harris on Smith. Smith is mostly about running seam routes down the field and tries to out pace defense. That is his play and since the Ravens have that deep threat they have been a much better team offensively.

The bad plays by Moore i would write up as inexperienced play. He has improved a lot of the season. I just would like to see him play mistake free.
    In a perfect world...yes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    In a perfect world...yes.
    He is still young and had a rough rookie year. He improved over season. I would love to see him play like Seattl's Earl Thomas

Boldins more physical though and thats why they had Harris on him. Harris is the stongest of all the CBs and gets physical with WRs. Thats why Champ didnt cover Boldin but yeah I think Harris could run with Smith. It might have been a better idea to adjust to that after the half.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Boldins more physical though and thats why they had Harris on him. Harris is the stongest of all the CBs and gets physical with WRs. Thats why Champ didnt cover Boldin but yeah I think Harris could run with Smith. It might have been a better idea to adjust to that after the half.
    Champ has covered several other big WRs this year, since when can he not be physical?

Bailey say's he wont take a pay cut and has not thought about playing safety... so no, I dont think they should resign him. Why pay a guy top tier money when the guy is getting old and slow? Its only going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information