Thread: Nalen Practices

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default Nalen Practices

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10430866

Center Tom Nalen practiced Wednesday for the first time since undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his left knee nearly three weeks ago. It was his second minor surgery on the knee since June.
    Nalen was limited to drill work, and coach Mike Shanahan said Nalen might also take some repetitions with the scout team as he eases back in with the team.
    "It's going to take a while for him to get back into football shape," Shanahan said. "How long it will be, I really can't tell you. He's working out extremely well in the weight room and conditioning on the bike, but football-related drills are a lot different."

Good news. Even though we looked very good with Wiegman, it will only help to have Nalen back in the starting lineup.

2. The Following 10 Users High Fived Italianmobstr7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post

Center Tom Nalen practiced Wednesday for the first time since undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his left knee nearly three weeks ago. It was his second minor surgery on the knee since June.
    Nalen was limited to drill work, and coach Mike Shanahan said Nalen might also take some repetitions with the scout team as he eases back in with the team.
    "It's going to take a while for him to get back into football shape," Shanahan said. "How long it will be, I really can't tell you. He's working out extremely well in the weight room and conditioning on the bike, but football-related drills are a lot different."

Good news. Even though we looked very good with Wiegman, it will only help to have Nalen back in the starting lineup.
    Good news!!!

Good news indeed, but I kinda like the chemistry this line has right now, specially in pass protection. I don't want to mess with it. Also, Jay hasn't had a lot of time to practice with Nalen in the preseason, so he might not be as comfortable taking snaps from him.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived omac For This Post:

I hope they let him rest and recover as much as possible.

Getting Wiegman might have been the best unknown pick up in the whole league.
    (and to think he at times was the worst player on the KC offensive line really tells how good that line was)

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived haroldthebarrel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by haroldthebarrel View Post
    I hope they let him rest and recover as much as possible.

Getting Wiegman might have been the best unknown pick up in the whole league.
    (and to think he at times was the worst player on the KC offensive line really tells how good that line was)
    Oh yeah. With Big Willy Roaf and Shields they had an incredible O-line for a few years. Thanks god they never capitalized on it though. Some great years with BIG offensive numbers....BUT no rings. MuuaahhhH!!!!

Fantastic to hear that Nalen's on the mend. YOu KNOW He want to get back out there sumthin fierce.

Good news. Wiegman has looked very good, but he is old, just like Nalen. A healthy Nalen means they can split time, which will keep them both fresh as the season goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Good news. Wiegman has looked very good, but he is old, just like Nalen. A healthy Nalen means they can split time, which will keep them both fresh as the season goes on.
    Apparently you don't understand the dynamics of the offensive line. This isn't defense, rotating snaps isn't something that happens. Starters play until their arms fall off on the O-Line. It disrupts the chemistry of an offense to rotate offensive linemen, especially centers. Cutler would have to deal with taking snaps from Nalen and Wiegman, never a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Apparently you don't understand the dynamics of the offensive line. This isn't defense, rotating snaps isn't something that happens. Starters play until their arms fall off on the O-Line. It disrupts the chemistry of an offense to rotate offensive linemen, especially centers. Cutler would have to deal with taking snaps from Nalen and Wiegman, never a good thing.
    better it be a veteran than a rookie or somebody who has never played center professionally.
    Wiegman was actually pretty good the other day. I think he might even be a better pass blocker than Nalen.

12. The Following User High Fived haroldthebarrel For This Post:

Apparently you don't understand what I was trying to say, as rotating snaps would re-friggin-tarded. Of course you don't rotate snaps, I meant nothing of the sort. Simply put, 2 healthy centers are better than one. You can talk chemistry all you want, but we're talking about two guys who have been in the league for 10+ years here, if one gets hurt it's a luxury to have a solid veteran to take over. I don't see either of them making it the entire year without missing some time due to injury (obviously Nalen already has), hence "splitting time." I'll take Nails over Wiegman, (based on past play, who knows if Nalen can get totally healthy) but if Nails can't go, it's nice to have Wiegman as a replacement.
    I’m the hobbit.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Apparently you don't understand what I was trying to say, as rotating snaps would re-friggin-tarded. Of course you don't rotate snaps, I meant nothing of the sort. Simply put, 2 healthy centers are better than one. You can talk chemistry all you want, but we're talking about two guys who have been in the league for 10+ years here, if one gets hurt it's a luxury to have a solid veteran to take over. I don't see either of them making it the entire year without missing some time due to injury (obviously Nalen already has), hence "splitting time." I'll take Nails over Wiegman, (based on past play, who knows if Nalen can get totally healthy) but if Nails can't go, it's nice to have Wiegman as a replacement.
    Sorry. When I hear the phrase "splitting time" I think of splitting time on game day. If that isn't what you meant I'm sorry. Thanks for clarifying. And yeah, it is always nice to have more depth.

Sorry. When I hear the phrase "splitting time" I think of splitting time on game day. If that isn't what you meant I'm sorry. Thanks for clarifying. And yeah, it is always nice to have more depth.
    No worries. Re-reading my 1st post I see where you'd think that's what I'm saying. The only thing that really worries me about Nalen getting back, is problems with the snap (as you brought up). For some reason Cutler seems to fumble a lot of snaps from Nalen. We saw it last year, and if I recall he fumbled one from Nalen in the 1st preseason game as well. I have yet to notice this being an issue with Wiegman in there.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Number 7

I'd give Nalen all the time he needs to get completely back... then, may the best guy win the competition. I like Nalen alot, he gives the line a wild-man look, and plays with a lot of nasty edge about him... that said, we didn't lose anything with Casey in there.

Speaking of pictures of linemen, is it just me, or is Gerard Warren really Tex Cobbs' long lost twin?
    "What do you want your dash to represent?"

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS at DENVER BRONCOS

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
    Practice Report
    Thursday Practice not complete
    OUT (DEFINITELY WILL NOT PLAY)
    Wednesday LB Shawne Merriman (knee)
    DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE
    Wednesday CB Antonio Cromartie (hip), T Marcus McNeill (neck), RB LaDainian Tomlinson (toe)
    LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE
    Wednesday TE Antonio Gates (hip), C Nick Hardwick (foot)
    FULL PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE
    Wednesday DT Jamal Williams (knee)

DENVER BRONCOS
    Practice Report
    Thursday Practice not complete
    OUT (DEFINITELY WILL NOT PLAY)
    Wednesday RB Ryan Torain (elbow)
    DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE
    Wednesday LB Louis Green (hamstring)
    LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE
    Wednesday C Tom Nalen (knee)
    FULL PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE
    Wednesday LB Boss Bailey (ankle), QB Jay Cutler (knee), DE Elvis Dumervil (finger), DE Ebenezer Ekuban (back), WR Darrell Jackson (ankle), S Marquand Manuel (thumb), QB Patrick Ramsey (right elbow), DT Dewayne Robertson (knee), WR Eddie Royal (ankle), DT Marcus Thomas (ankle)

Did the practice go something like this. Take one step back and dive at the knees of the defender.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information