Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: So Elway huh......good luck with that

There are a few key differences between Marino and Elway. Elway has rings, Marino doesn't. Elway has ran a successful front office, Marino hasn't. Marino is a talking head on a CBS Sunday show, Elway is not. Marino talks, Elway takes action.

And Rich Gannon, who for all intent purposes, doesn't really belong in the same conversation....gets to commentate a few games on any given Sunday.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    There are a few key differences between Marino and Elway. Elway has rings, Marino doesn't. Elway has ran a successful front office, Marino hasn't. Marino is a talking head on a CBS Sunday show, Elway is not. Marino talks, Elway takes action.

And Rich Gannon, who for all intent purposes, doesn't really belong in the same conversation....gets to commentate a few games on any given Sunday.

Not to mention Elway is intelligent, Marino is a dumb shit. Seriously, have you heard Marino speak? He comes off as stupid to me. Also, Elway shows at least a modicum of humility, Marino is a self obsessed ass. Elway flat out admitted he needs a good team around him and that it's a team effort, it was a huge theme in his presser. Guys like Millen and Marino wouldn't talk that way and Millen proved he doesn't work that way.

Elway will do well, he doesn't know any other way than to succeed.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

All Marino has is a mouth now, he used to have an arm but not any more.

Elway has brains which is all he needs for this job.

Is that simple enough for you to comprehend?

Merry.

5. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
    Elway is an accomplished businessman outside of football, which is more than Marino can say.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    Hey now he was in Ace Ventura...that took a lot of work and talent...

7. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Dude, he was in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective!
    Shake I posted the same thing before I read this...

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Not to mention Elway is intelligent, Marino is a dumb shit. Seriously, have you heard Marino speak? He comes off as stupid to me. Also, Elway shows at least a modicum of humility, Marino is a self obsessed ass. Elway flat out admitted he needs a good team around him and that it's a team effort, it was a huge theme in his presser. Guys like Millen and Marino wouldn't talk that way and Millen proved he doesn't work that way.

Elway will do well, he doesn't know any other way than to succeed.
    I hope Marino is more careful about his investments....

It's funny how people say bad things about the new Elway hiring. I guess they don't know about everything else he has done. He's not a quarterback anymore. He's a business man and a damn good one.

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    It's funny how people say bad things about the new Elway hiring. I guess they don't know about everything else he has done. He's not a quarterback anymore. He's a business man and a damn good one.
    SB knows about Elway....he's just smacking it up is all.

12. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    No. There a lot of people saying that. It's just ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    No. There a lot of people saying that. It's just ignorance.
    In this thread? I must have missed it..anyway this is just a smack thread.So people have opinions...no harm in that.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_black View Post
    this worked out well too:

i'm sure these are completely unrelated stories. onward and upward!
    LMAO

A raider fan is talking smack about who can run a team! That has to be one of the funniest things I have ever read! People really need to start thinking before they put their fingers on the keys, LOL
    Last edited by weazel; 01-05-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Nah, the difference is Elway is smart.
    No wonder why he went to the Stanford University.

Quote Originally Posted by zbeg View Post
    John Elway isn't Dan Marino. Not sure if you were aware of that. I realize that after a few decades of terrible QBing it all tends to blend together and you'll take just about anyone who can throw a football without accidentally injuring themselves, but there actually is a difference between quarterbacks who aren't completely terrible.

Maybe some day when Al Davis dies and you don't have a zombie running the team into the ground every year you'll realize this. Understandably, "winning quarterback" is kind of a pipe dream for you right now so they tend to all look alike, but there are nuances. Not actually the same person.

HTH.
    Was this a real post? I'm gonna just sit back and wait for the "weak shit" police to come along and issue a citation for this.

Dismissing the first part about Elway and Marino being two different people I guess that it only takes another teams table scraps in Campbell to beat the Donks. No need for a hall of famer under center to handle that daunting task
    Last edited by silver_black; 01-05-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: needed more smilies

I blame my hate mail on typographical errors,
    correct the misspellings then send out "thank you" notes for the love letters

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    Thanks KCL

this really shouldn't need to be pointed out, but sometimes we gotta put it in neutral and coast a little so others can catch up in Donkoland

I blame my hate mail on typographical errors,
    correct the misspellings then send out "thank you" notes for the love letters

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived silver_black For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silver_black View Post
    Was this a real post? I'm gonna just sit back and wait for the "weak shit" police to come along and issue a citation for this.

Dismissing the first part about Elway and Marino being two different people I guess that it only takes another teams table scraps in Campbell to beat the Donks. No need for a hall of famer under center to handle that daunting task
    I figured I'd keep it simple and not get too complex for you - Raiders fan, after all.

Actually, the franchises do mirror their respective high-profile QBs. The Broncos are much like John Elway: consistent winners, rarely bad, and when they do have a short down period, they bounce back quickly and keep winning. That describes both Elway and the Broncos pretty well.

And the Raiders are like JaMarcus Russell. A lot of noise, but overall pretty terrible. Sometimes you see something that makes you think "oh hey, maybe he won't be so bad after all!" but then three interceptions* later you realize it's a tease, and that it's just consistent, regular, relentless failure.

Maybe the Raiders should hire JaMarcus Russell to run their franchise. It would only be appropriate.

*I realize that this is a four syllable word, which might be a little ambitious for a Raiders fan. If the words are too big, I can have someone mock up some flash cards for you.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information