Poll: Our rushing offense is ....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (poll) Gauge our rushing offense

Default (poll) Gauge our rushing offense

(poll above)

It's still pretty early, but how do you gauge our rushing offense?

Do you think it's .....

fearsome, where it gives D-coordinators nightmares;
    solid, where it has to be respected, and can set up the pass;
    decent, enough to compliment our passing attack;
    weak, a liability, such that our passing game must shoulder the load.

I ask this, since we are facing SD, and they've been shown to be vulnerable against solid rushing teams. Though the Chiefs were bad last season, they were able to run on the Chargers and beat them. I believe the Vikings put up 300+ yards rushing on them. This season, the Panthers ran well against them, putting up very nice YPC averages.

2. The Following User High Fived omac For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

I don't think we will get better once Torian is healthy again and has played a couple of games to get back into the groove.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    I don't think we will get better once Torian is healthy again and has played a couple of games to get back into the groove.
    You don't or you do? Sounds like you're saying we'll get better when Torrain comes back.

I voted decent. I think it's been our passing game, as well as a few tricky plays that have made our rushing game more successful. This time, a bit of the smoke and mirrors are in our rushing offense, instead of our passing offense.

I think we'll do better if/when Hall becomes the #1 RB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Crap. I read this as Rushing Defense, instead of offense, so I answered weak.

Offense, I would rate decent until I see another game or two. But I project that by the end of the season (after this line plays together some more) we will be somewhere be strong and fearsome.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

Offense, I would rate decent until I see another game or two. But I project that by the end of the season (after this line plays together some more) we will be somewhere be strong and fearsome.
    Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for too. Zone blocking is not such an easy skill to pick up. In underrated29's post about Ryan Harris, it mentions how well Harris has zone blocked. In an interview of Harris before he was drafted, he mentioned how he wanted to learn the secret to Denver's zone blocking, and I guess he's been a good student.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I voted decent because I'm not sure yet. I'd like to see another game against a better team first. We did get a couple of rushing TD's from the red zone. I haven't seen that for a while but was it us being good or them being bad?
    Merry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by omac View Post
    You don't or you do? Sounds like you're saying we'll get better when Torrain comes back.
    Sorry, I DO think we will get better when he is back healthy!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by omac View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for too. Zone blocking is not such an easy skill to pick up. In underrated29's post about Ryan Harris, it mentions how well Harris has zone blocked. In an interview of Harris before he was drafted, he mentioned how he wanted to learn the secret to Denver's zone blocking, and I guess he's been a good student.
    Yea, Harris has loked good, but Clady stuggled in his run blocking against the Raiders. Howeever, he has more than made up for it with his pass blocking.

He'll get better, just needs to make the right reads and run over the right guy. My guess is that in three or four weeks he'll be much better, he's that good.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Yea, Harris has loked good, but Clady stuggled in his run blocking against the Raiders. Howeever, he has more than made up for it with his pass blocking.

He'll get better, just needs to make the right reads and run over the right guy. My guess is that in three or four weeks he'll be much better, he's that good.
    Clady just needs to finish his block, and put the guy on the ground. He seems to engage the right guy from what I've seen, but just doesn't see to finish.

15. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

I went with solid. I think we will get a better feel this week because the game plan last week was obviously to isolate Eddie on MeAngelo. With (2) of SD's starting linebackers out, I think Denver will run a bit more. I've seen a lot of people down on last week's running game but Young averaged 5 yards a carry and Hall average 6 yards a carry. That's pretty good - we should take that every time. Pittman's average was low but he also scored 2 touchdowns which is why he is here.
    "Uh.....UMM.....Uh......Lipstick......Uh......UMM. ......Pig........Uh......Well.....Uh.......
    -Another teleprompterless moment from the Chosen One

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived GJCTFAN For This Post:

I think its decent right now. Hall and young to a good job, and are great on the edges and in open space. However, to me we are only ok going up the gut. Hall is better at this, but not terrific.

One Torain comes back I think we will be fearsome. Big time. Torian with the power and speed to gut the defenses as well as turn some corners, and then hall and young to blaze when he needs a breather. Is very fearsome to me.

I also think that, maybe not until the end of this year, but next year for sure that we will have a double digit td in torain and 30 + td in cutler plus a few others mixed in from hall,young,hillis, etc. Then we are MOST FEARSOME!

It will happen and it will be SEXY.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

19. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I voted decent because I'm not sure yet. I'd like to see another game against a better team first. We did get a couple of rushing TD's from the red zone. I haven't seen that for a while but was it us being good or them being bad?
    I also chose decent, but yeah, I forgot about that part. Not only against the Raiders, but also in the preseason against the Cowboys, we were able to get rushing TDs, so maybe we're better there. It might be because our linemen are now bigger. I think it might have to do with Wiegman; I think he's better at center than Myers, maybe stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    I think it is more a O-line thing.......................

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information