Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Lloyd.........Amazing Year

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Brandon Lloyd.........Amazing Year

I think Brandon has been overlooked this season due to all the hoopla concerning.....well....the hoopla.

He has quietly put together one of the best seasons in the history of the league.

Pretty sensational considering the two games where Orton was dealing witht he rib injury and should have been benched.

I can see why in hindsight McDaniels was afraid to start Tebow during that time.

Too bad, he may have cost himself a job.

But, looking back on the year, Brandon has been amazing. He played better than Brandon Marshall and it wasnt even close.

We have happened upon a WR that has come into his own, whether by scheme or maturity, Brandon is a new guy, and now that he knows he can dominate, hes gonna be hard to handle imo.

Hes kinda like McCaffrey.....a late bloomer it seems. Injury also hampered him.

We have a ton of WRs on our roster, and with the exception of D.Thomas, all of them are tradeable.

I hope Shanahan is watching. Royal is expendable. They may not give up a good pick this year, but a pick next year would prove wise.

Also, the Patriots are looking mighty stacked in the pick department. We have a number of WRs that know their system.....Hmmmmmm.

Brandon dominated this year.

DOMINATED.

As in, Brandon Marshall wishes he could dominate like that.

Brandon got a first down 93% of the time. Tops in the league, and no one else was even close. He tied Reggie Wayne for most 1st downs at 72.

Reggie had Peyton throwing to him.

We have trade value in the WR department.

I hope we take advantage of it.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Definitely, Brandon should bring some great trade value. Should be able to get at least a 2nd for him.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

It's very hard to find a top level player at the position who isn't either a prima donna or a perp of some kind. Even Marvin Harrison turned out bad, and was probably lucky he didn't run afoul of the law earlier in his career. So Brandon has added value for that reason alone. Same/same with Kyle Orton. Both are in the prime of their career and have been durable for the most part. You can't underestimate the "intangibles".

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah, let's trade away our one pro bowl player. Atta way to add talent to the team!

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Yeah, let's trade away our one pro bowl player. Atta way to add talent to the team!
    Meh, we've done it before besides its just one year.

Well we traded away our 2 offensive probowlers from 2008. Lets trade our offensive probowler from 2010. Use those picks to draft more offense and let our defense be the way it is.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

I think you would have been better served to just talk about what Lloyd did good, rather than trying to trash Marshall.

We will never know what Marshall could have done this year, with Orton able to throw it more than 6 yards, because McDaniels couldn't get along with him, like he couldn't get along with so many other players and coaches, which ultimately got him fired -- after he covered up a cheating incident that is.

So, unless you've gained some God-like powers that none of us have seen proof of, I don't think you have a clue what Marshall would have done on the Broncos in '10.

11. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

The best part about Lloyd's season is that he signed a 2 year extension before playing it. Now we can have him for 1 more year at an affordable price to find out if it's a 1 year wonder thing, or a maturity thing. Either way, the Broncos win.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

I dont see a player with the skillset of Lloyd just being a one year wonder.. maybe just a late bloomer?

15. The Following User High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Definitely, Brandon should bring some great trade value. Should be able to get at least a 2nd for him.
    Hey... if they keep him.. GREAT.

But this team NEEDS a huge shot of adreneline.
    We only have 6 picks right now.
    We have GOT to change that.

Lloyd is under contract for 3/4's of a million for ONE year.
    We either trade him for value... or sign him to a huge deal.

Do we gamble on him ... that this year is who he really is?
    Or was this a fluke... a manifestation of Orton/McD conditions?

If Lloyd can be exchanged for an extra pass rushing, QB slamming,
    ball hawking beast who plays lights out for the New Era Broncos for 5 years...

Well.. that is a good thing.

We are thick at Wide Out. We will sign a Pro pass catching TE.

We need to draft DEFENSE. We MUST have more picks.
    It is imperitive to increase the number of picks we have.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Meh, we've done it before besides its just one year.
    You're right, we should keep repeating the same mistakes that got us to 4-12.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    I dont see a player with the skillset of Lloyd just being a one year wonder.. maybe just a late bloomer?
    9 years later? I dont think so.

20. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    Late bloomer, maturity, we're on the same track here. The biggest criticism in his career coming into this season was that he could make the spectacular catches, but not the routine ones. Could be that it was just a concentration issue that has been resolved. Either way, if he has another stellar season, it will solidify that he has come into his own and is a true top flight receiver.

22. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

You're right, we should keep repeating the same mistakes that got us to 4-12.
    It actually wouldnt be repeating since Lloyd is just a one year wonder. With Cutler and Marshall there was far more consistency in their careers. So while i know where you going with your comment it just really doesnt apply to Lloyd as he has far more to prove in terms of his worth to me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It actually wouldnt be repeating since Lloyd is just a one year wonder. With Cutler and Marshall there was far more consistency in their careers. So while i know where you going with your comment it just really doesnt apply to Lloyd as he has far more to prove in terms of his worth to me.
    He's worth more than an unproven draft pick. He has a pro bowl season under his belt, so we know he has the ability. We don't know if any draft pick would have the same ability. I'm all for stocking up on some picks, but I'd like not to trade off our existing talent to do it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information