Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Lloyd.........Amazing Year

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    I dont see a player with the skillset of Lloyd just being a one year wonder.. maybe just a late bloomer?
    The knock on Lloyd with his other teams was that he could make the spectacular grab, but not the routine ones. Most of his catches this year were of the super, spectacular variety. I sure hope he's a late bloomer and learned how to make the routine catch and we get at least one more year out of him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    He's worth more than an unproven draft pick. He has a pro bowl season under his belt, so we know he has the ability. We don't know if any draft pick would have the same ability. I'm all for stocking up on some picks, but I'd like not to trade off our existing talent to do it.
    Well shit BTB, you can say that about just for anybody really when it comes to current players vs rookies. If Lloyd had a better history of consistency i would have no problem keeping him. Chances are he isnt going anywhere anyway but for me the verdict is still out in term of his greatness.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well shit BTB, you can say that about just for anybody really when it comes to current players vs rookies. If Lloyd had a better history of consistency i would have no problem keeping him. Chances are he isnt going anywhere anyway but for me the verdict is still out in term of his greatness.
    Not really. Most current players aren't coming off a pro bowl season and leading the league in yards at their position.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The knock on Lloyd with his other teams was that he could make the spectacular grab, but not the routine ones. Most of his catches this year were of the super, spectacular variety. I sure hope he's a late bloomer and learned how to make the routine catch and we get at least one more year out of him.
    ya he was always gifted. Atleast enough to receive a 3 year 30 mil contract from Dan Synder.. Just took him awhile to figure out the mental aspect of the game IMO. As mentioned before making the routine catches on a consistent basis, lack of concentration.

It will be interesting to see what will happen with Lloyd though. Do you extend him now to a reasonable contract and possibly face the "one year wonder" risk (only if a CBA agreement is reached) or wait another year to have him put up the same numbers yet demand that much more money?

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    ya he was always gifted. Atleast enough to receive a 3 year 30 mil contract from Dan Synder.. Just took him awhile to figure out the mental aspect of the game IMO. As mentioned before making the routine catches on a consistent basis, lack of concentration.

It will be interesting to see what will happen with Lloyd though. Do you extend him now to a reasonable contract and possibly face the "one year wonder" risk (only if a CBA agreement is reached) or wait another year to have him put up the same numbers yet demand that much more money?
    Considering the MASSIVE chip on his shoulder, my guess is if the Broncos don't extend him this year, they will not be able to keep him unless they are willing to pay a ton if he has a second very good season. He's going to want top WR $$$$, probaby even if he has a so/so year next year.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

I think you would have been better served to just talk about what Lloyd did good, rather than trying to trash Marshall.

We will never know what Marshall could have done this year, with Orton able to throw it more than 6 yards, because McDaniels couldn't get along with him, like he couldn't get along with so many other players and coaches, which ultimately got him fired -- after he covered up a cheating incident that is.
    makes no sense whatsoever but.....ok.

So, unless you've gained some God-like powers that none of us have seen proof of, I don't think you have a clue what Marshall would have done on the Broncos in '10.

I do have a clue. Brandon could not have come in here and dominated this year like Brandon Lloyd did.

Period.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    I do have a clue. Brandon could not have come in here and dominated this year like Brandon Lloyd did.

Period.
    uhh...Marshall DID dominate while he was here.

Where were you?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

8. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Period.
    Okie, dokie...

10. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    uhh...Marshall DID dominate while he was here.

Where were you?
    Not sure where he was when Marshall was on record setting pace his four years in Denver, but now I would say he's posting from Egypt on De Nile.....

12. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Not sure where he was when Marshall was on record setting pace his four years in Denver, but now I would say he's posting from Egypt on De Nile.....

try rewatching the charger game from 08 when he broke records. plus he was always amazing after the catch. he never went down on contact like llyod did many times this year.

regardless of what people think of him he did beast it up while he was here and never quit. ever.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Colorado springsd Gazette has a great article about Brandon Lloyd
    Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 01-04-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Period.
    I think you've been sucking on too many margarita's my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    try rewatching the charger game from 08 when he broke records. plus he was always amazing after the catch. he never went down on contact like llyod did many times this year.

regardless of what people think of him he did beast it up while he was here and never quit. ever.
    It's standard revisionist history that goes on in Broncosland. Ex players are both demonized and their talent and good years magically disappear.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think you've been sucking on too many margarita's my friend.
    I believe War is right in one sense. Lloyd is a true deep threat with a knack
    for getting behind the defense. He led the league in 40+ yard receptions.
    Marshall is not that kind of deep threat. While there is no way Lloyd could
    dominate the way Marshall can in short to medium range, and certainly in
    YAC, Marshall cannot do what Lloyd does best, either.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I believe War is right in one sense. Lloyd is a true deep threat with a knack
    for getting behind the defense. He led the league in 40+ yard receptions.
    Marshall is not that kind of deep threat. While there is no way Lloyd could
    dominate the way Marshall can in short to medium range, and certainly in
    YAC, Marshall cannot do what Lloyd does best, either.

-----
    Which is why the offense would have been so much better with both skillsets.

The fact is that they are different receivers. Where Lloyd gets behind DBs and makes miracle catches, Marshall can out jump two and sometimes three receivers for the jump ball, makes the incredible one handed sideline catches, and few if any are as dangerous after the catch -- see the Dallas game last year and many others.

I'm always amazed why ex-players have to become 'bad' all of a sudden in order for us to feel good about our current roster.

21. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information