Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed High Five System (Discussion Thread Closes on Friday 9/28)

Default Proposed High Five System (Discussion Thread Closes on Friday 9/28)

After reading all of the discussion about a reputation or CP system over the last three plus weeks, the advisory board has come to the following conclusion. Most posters do not want a reputation system like existed on BM. However, a great many posters would like to have something. Some way to congratulate people for making good posts. It also was clear that most people did not want any 'status' tied to a system, and especially felt their should be no special privileges or private forums for people based on points earned in a reputation system.

With all those parameters in mind, and a great deal of discussion, we would like to propose the following system. Before making a final decision as to whether or not it will be implemented on BroncosForums, we would like to hear your thoughts on this proposed system.

This is the "High Five" system. To overview, you have the ability to "High Five" a poster for any post that you feel deserves it. When you give that poster a high five, your name will be listed below the post along with anyone else that gave that poster a High Five for the same post.

The system also tracks how many times you have given out High Fives, and how many High Fives you have received.

Here are some images that show how the system would look and work if we implement it:

There is a new button that will appear to the right of the "Quote", "Multi-Quote" and "Quick Reply" buttons on each post:

Note: This button is temporary and a nicer looking button is being developed.

When you click the "High Five" button, your name will be added to the list of people that have given that poster a High Five for that specific post:

Here you can see the full post, with the High Fives at the bottom. In addition, in the upper right (below the post count, join date, etc.) you will see a summary of how many High Fives this poster has given out, and how many High Fives he/she has received:

Here is a close up of the High Five summary information shown for each poster:

In addition, a summary of how many High Fives you have given to other posters and how many High Fives you have received will appear in your public profile:

Finally, an additional feature is that you can search for all posts that have received a High Five:

We believe the High Five system will allow users to congratulate other posters for their contributions, but with a minimum of the negatives associated with the Reputation or CP systems.

Please provide feedback in this thread regarding the High Five system, which the advisory board will consider before making a final decision as to whether or not to implement the High Five system.

I love this idea!!!

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

Works for me.

That being said I could live with or without it.

If it ain't broke....

It seems as though a lot of posters want some sort of system like it, but if there is one, I'm glad it doesn't allow privelages.

It took me 4 years to view the lockerroom in BMania.
    Last edited by Slick; 09-22-2007 at 06:14 PM. Reason: added a thought

I like the idea... I don;t knwo about the name.... but don't have any suggestions as to how to make it sound better to my ears . Wouldn;t tallying how many high fives a person recieves basically be the same thing as a CP system though?

That's my only concern. I pesonalyl would prefer to have the system without tracking how many highfives a person has recieved in total...
    Temp sig till I find another one

Quote Originally Posted by BigBroncLove View Post
    I like the idea... I don;t knwo about the name.... but don't have any suggestions as to how to make it sound better to my ears
    What about "MH Salutes" or "Touchdowns" ?

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

I like the idea but would like to see it called a salute.......um......cause...........I.........sti ll like the salute.

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

Quote Originally Posted by BigBroncLove View Post
    I like the idea... I don;t knwo about the name.... but don't have any suggestions as to how to make it sound better to my ears . Wouldn;t tallying how many high fives a person recieves basically be the same thing as a CP system though?

That's my only concern. I pesonalyl would prefer to have the system without tracking how many highfives a person has recieved in total...
    This is certainly one of the aspects that we need feedback on.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDamsel View Post
    What about "MH Salutes" or "Touchdowns" ?
    Another Broncos message board is using essentially the same system, and calls it salutes, so I don't believe we should use Salute or MH Salute out of respect for that forum.

The system is designed around 'giving' something to someone, which is why 'salute' works, but TouchDown or Extra Points or similar terms do not.

Since you don't give someone a TD, the term doesn't work well, especially with the way it tracks the totals (if that part of the system is implemented).

So, terms like "Salutes", "Thanks", "High Fives", "Contratulates", etc. work, because those are things you can "give' to a post that you like, but you can't give a TD or extra point or similar terms.

Hope that made sense.

I don't like the idea at all.

I just want to talk about the Broncos and Football without the fuss of a rating system.

That's just my opinion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    I don't like the idea at all.

I just want to talk about the Broncos and Football without the fuss of a rating system.

That's just my opinion.
    It's really not a rating system as such - but just a way to recognize a good post.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

i m ok with it yea
    RIP D. Nash, D. Williams and BFC

Every player that has ever caught a pass over Champ Bailey is now under official investigation by the NFL for performance-enhancing drugs.

Champ Pick Count 40

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    It's really not a rating system as such - but just a way to recognize a good post.
    It's much better than a CP system, I will agree with that.

I still think it will cause some problems.

Just my opinion.

No, I don't like this idea. It's just another reason for people to "feel good" about themselves on the internet.

Why do people need that sort of gratification? Seriously?

Personal short comings or what?

im very comfortable without a whatever natzi system...

but you know me...

i wont kick start a storm over it...

Last edited by topscribe; 09-23-2007 at 10:29 PM. Reason: language
    the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    No, I don't like this idea. It's just another reason for people to "feel good" about themselves on the internet.

Why do people need that sort of gratification? Seriously?

Personal short comings or what?
    I don't know if it would be possible to do or not - tned would have to answer this, but if possible, maybe for any member who does not want to participate, they could disable this feature. and if I understand it correctly, the high fives a member receives will not be visible to any one else, but will be in the member's profile. Correct me if I am wrong tned.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information