Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Proposed High Five System (Discussion Thread Closes on Friday 9/28)

An excellent idea, "High Five System"! I love it!

The perfect compromise.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    T, once I actually have the time (I should drop out of school and work for the forum full time) I'll make a custom button if you choose to put in a High 5 system. I'm still working on all of them, it's just taking a lot of time. 19 credits + coaching seminar + job + trying to have a life = lame.
    Wow, trying to have a life, you say?

What do you do, watch a commercial once in a while?

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Its not system -its the idiosts abusing it
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

What about a "down low, too slow" button to voice displeasure? Or is it all on a positive vibe here?

hey tned...the idea sounds great. i say go for it. you took the ball and ran with it so far...so why stop now. the high five sounds pretty cool....it lets posters know what kind of response their getting from their post. some guys just read post and dont post a reply but they may opt to high five for the good post. just my opinion.

i may change my name to BORAT though with all the high 5-ing!

berrry niiiice!

another idea would be to give someone the middle finger if you think their post is ridiculous. ...you could then see how many middle fingers you have given out and recieved... jk of course....ill just do it at home and no one will know.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it, and I'm more than welcome to share it. After all, it's an opinion. To each his own.

I personally believe that people want a system like this because it makes them feel better about themselves through internet gratification, perhaps because they lack that sort of gratification in real life.

It's just really sad. It's like you're always "asking" for a pat on the back. Everyone here in some way or another has established themself on another forum. For the most part, everyone knows who is who and what they bring to the table. A guy like Dogfish I respect because of his breakdowns on the games, and the immense football knowledge he displays. I don't think he needs a "pat on the back" or "hand clap" (whatever this is) to demonstrate that he did something well. Knowing Dogfish on 'Mania for a whlie, we're accustomed to his fabulous posts. That's what I expect from him. He doesn't need that gratification.

I've never been a fan of people who always seek and want attention. That's exactly what the CP system is. People seeking gratification and attention.

The cliques here and elsewhere have already been formed, and there will be similar abuse through this system as there was elsewhere.

To me, it's not a good idea.

It's just an alternative Contribution Point system. I don't see the benefit at all. Perhaps we should analyze what it does for the community here, and what it doesn't to. It's quite obvious from this thread right now, that it's going to be a perpetual cycle of bickering back and forth that will never resolve anything.

Say no to "Egostroking" - do not install any sort of CP System.
    Honestly, the same could be said for the P&R forum. Its not the same but similar. It gives some people an outlet to flex a muscle they feel they have. Again, like you said, its about the gratification of wielding ones own knowledge against the unknowing. Not everyone feels that way or perhaps if they do its to a modest degree but you know its true. And that doesnt only exist in the P&R forums either. Nor am I making an argument against having the P&R forums. I think theyre perfectly fine but simply put: it is what it is. Like I said, its not exactly the same but the self-gratification isnt that many gradations over from the gratification one seeks from having approval from others.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm still 100% behind this system. High Five away. I like being able to give posters the recognition they deserve for good posts.

We really appreciate all the feedback. I am modifying the title of this thread to say (Closes on Friday) and then late Friday/Early Saturday, this thread will be closed and the advisory board will look at all the great feedback and decide how to proceed.

I think it is safe to speak for everyone one of them and give all of you a big thank you for the great feedback.

Now, we still have two days of discussion, so please keep posting your thoughts. It's very important in the process of making the best possible decision.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    We really appreciate all the feedback. I am modifying the title of this thread to say (Closes on Friday) and then late Friday/Early Saturday, this thread will be closed and the advisory board will look at all the great feedback and decide how to proceed.

I think it is safe to speak for everyone one of them and give all of you a big thank you for the great feedback.

Now, we still have two days of discussion, so please keep posting your thoughts. It's very important in the process of making the best possible decision.
    That doesn't seem fair to me.

I think that everyone on the advisory board WANTS the system. When you have this "meeting" I assume you are going to have with the advisory board, who's going to point out the negative if all of them want the system?

No one take offense to this, I am just wondering.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post

I think that everyone on the advisory board WANTS the system. When you have this "meeting" I assume you are going to have with the advisory board, who's going to point out the negative if all of them want the system?

This is going to be the procedure for most decisions. It is done this way, in
    fact, in the interest of representing the members the best we can. A final
    discussion is not necessarily a reconsideration. It is only a final discussion
    to try to make sure we are doing everything right.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    This is going to be the procedure for most decisions. It is done this way, in
    fact, in the interest of representing the members the best we can. A final
    discussion is not necessarily a reconsideration. It is only a final discussion
    to try to make sure we are doing everything right.

-----
    Ok, I see.

I guess I'm just going to have to try and get on with the new system. I'll give it a go, even if you allow members to "turn off" the system I'll still give it a go.

ok i read one page of post, and all looks good to me.

i really could care less, but i think it will be good if we do it.

Besides some people need to feel warm and fuzzy inside ().

have a nice day.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

The board has already put aside their personal feelings and opinions to make decisions that they believe represent the overall wishes and best interest of the community, I don't anticipate that changing with this.

That is the reason the board put proposal here before simply implementing it. It was to get input on the proposal, and then if necessary take that proposal back and tweak or even scrap it, if they deemed it necessary.

Unfortunately, it is very, very hard to make group decisions when the group is 7, it would be impossible to do so when the group is 100-150. It just can't be done, so we have a board to represent the best interest of the community, so I (or any other single person) am not making unilateral decisions.

Anyway, if you have any ideas or concerns about the overall concept of the board, I would rather we start a new thread to discuss that (which you could do in Town Hall Discussion), for fear of taking this topic off the focus of the Hi Five system.

There has been a real lively discussion about this already and now that the pearls of wisdom from all the members have been heard. There will be another one before this goes through as a slam dunk.

While we have ideas of our own, we represent the forum and overall will let the ideas from the masses overrule our own desires.

We have discussed many things and frankly there has to my knowledge been a 7-0 vote on anything. This advisory board is really more diverse than you may or many think.

Sorry I did not see Tned's post before this was done.

I often start on a comment/post/reply and come back to it later as work calls come first. So I often do not see what others post while I am working on mine.

That was the case here. What he said is true.
    Last edited by Lonestar; 09-26-2007 at 12:43 PM. Reason: edit in red

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I want to try and get the last word in

I say YAY!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information