Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Broncos assistants may learn fate Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    but he's a really nice guy! and he's bald and has a lot of attitude, and he played tebow. . . that's just as good as being really qualified, right?

he looks like kurt angle....you know captain america of wrestling?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    he looks like kurt angle....you know captain america of wrestling?
    But with a light tan...

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    But with a light tan...
    angle is very tan these days lancane.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    angle is very tan these days lancane.
    I haven't seen Kurt Angle in years, so I wouldn't know. I'm not real big on Pro-Wrestling...so I'll have to take your word for it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    There was talk when McDaniels arrived that guys like Dennison might stay -- only they didn't.
    Only....that's not correct at all.

Rick Dennison, Bobby Turner and Keith Burns all were retained from Shanahan's staff. Both Dennison and Turner left McDaniels' staff for promotions elsewhere. Burns is still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Studesville should be retained as RB coach, if he's willing. He's at least earned that much with the way he handled these last four games.
    No way!!! Have you seen the neck on that guy? He's an OL coach in the making.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Studesville should be retained as RB coach, if he's willing. He's at least earned that much with the way he handled these last four games.
    So does Studes get his record tarnished with this 4-12 season or does he just get a 1-3 record!!

Hmm, I'd give a few guys a fighting chance rather than firing them outright:

Studs - obviously interviewing for the HC position.
    Wink - love him as an LBs coach, although coordinating a 3-4 is definitely not his forté.
    Mike Priefer - our STs have been ok which is big improvement from the Shanny days.
    Keith Burns - Elway would probably like to keep the guy on.
    Ed Donatell - Squyd, Vaughn and Cox have come on nicely under him, as well as Bruton and McBath (when not in the tub). Smith not so much, but you can't win them all.
    Wayne Nunnely - our DLs haven't been great, but then - as the old saying goes - you can't polish a turd. The guy did a great job in SD and has made something out of Marcus Thomas (as a rotational rusher) and Kevin Vickerson. However, could not tame Ryan McFacemask.
    Adam Gase - was sceptical about his hiring, and he turned round and has helped Brandon Lloyd come out of nowhere. Eric Decker's looking better and better (and DT had his moments too). Plus he may yet make something out of Matt Willis. Very pleased with his work.

Most of the others can go really. Especially Bob Ligashesky. I'm on the fence about McCoy and Barone. With McCoy, he obviously isn't ready to be a full time OC, and it's hard to tell how much involvement he had with the QBs and gameplanning etc. He may be sought after by other teams in the offseason.
    With Barone, our OL was dire at the beginning of the season but has come on since the positions got set. Walton and Beadles have acquitted themselves well despite the circumstances. However, he's clearly not Rick Dennison.

It's weird, our D does not carry many players who I would consider "not NFL-worthy". Too many guys in the "backup material" category, granted, but not in the same league as the 08 squad (Engleberger, Josh Shaw, Webster, Manuel, McCree, Lowry, Fox, Koutouvides...); they showed up at times (some excellent run stopping earlier in the season against teams such as the Jets and Titans) but were downright awful at others. Our next DC needs to whip them into shape and carry an infectious attitude and it's something that I don't think Wink was very good at, despite his billing. I personally hope we stay as a 3-4 team - some shrewd draft/FA picks will go a long way towards making this a half-decent unit - although I just hope we get better any which way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I hope we can Studsville. I like the guy as a person, but dont like him as a RB coach.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information