Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Broncos assistants may learn fate Wednesday

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos assistants may learn fate Wednesday

There is a chance several, but maybe not all, of the assistant coaches will receive pink slips Wednesday.
    full blog - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...ednesday/6297/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Pretty in Pink.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out...
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quan Cosby

i hope we get pouncey

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Studesville should be retained as RB coach, if he's willing. He's at least earned that much with the way he handled these last four games.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

"Dead men walking".....

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Studesville should be retained as RB coach, if he's willing. He's at least earned that much with the way he handled these last four games.
    He is getting a head coaching job interview next Monday. He's definitely not getting a pink slip until AFTER he interviews and even then, I think he'll be back on as an Assistant Head Coach - RBs.

11. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Studesville could be retained even if not hired as the Broncos next head coach depending on their final choice. Studesville has made several friends during his time in the league, two of which their names have been mentioned for a position in Ron Rivera and Jim Fassel.

I think it would be difficult to get Studesville to be stuffed back in the box as RB coach. He might be an assistant head-coach, but really, the new HC will want to bring in all his own assistants, which probably means that Studesville will go and possibly move up to OC somewhere.

It's traditional that a New HC gets to hire all HIS assistants, so we can expect the new guy to clean house, just as McDaniels did. You can also expect to hear some nice sounding blather about how the new coach would like to keep some of the previous assistants, just don't expect it to actually happen.

There was talk when McDaniels arrived that guys like Dennison might stay -- only they didn't.

Studesville's not really HC material at this point, although he might get some consideration down the line if he continues to perform well.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

why? our running game was one of the worst parts of the team.

he went 1-4 as interm. i mean i know alot of the guys like him but that doesnt make a good coach.

i would wipe the slate clean and bring in a whole new regime.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Studesville could be retained even if not hired as the Broncos next head coach depending on their final choice. Studesville has made several friends during his time in the league, two of which their names have been mentioned for a position in Ron Rivera and Jim Fassel.
    Bite your tongue!

We can certainly do better than either of THOSE retreads! I'd rather they kept Studesville than bring in Jim Fassel! That guy long ago rose to the level of his incompetence (google Peter Principle).

18. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    why? our running game was one of the worst parts of the team.

he went 1-4 as interm. i mean i know alot of the guys like him but that doesnt make a good coach.

i would wipe the slate clean and bring in a whole new regime.
    but he's a really nice guy! and he's bald and has a lot of attitude, and he played tebow. . . that's just as good as being really qualified, right?

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Bite your tongue!

We can certainly do better than either of THOSE retreads! I'd rather they kept Studesville than bring in Jim Fassel! That guy long ago rose to the level of his incompetence (google Peter Principle).
    i'm not a big fan of fassel (sorry cane!), but ron rivera is an up-and-comer, not a retread. . . you can't be a retread when you've never even been a head coach. . .
    - John Elway

22. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Bite your tongue!

Bite your own Cug, I'm just being honest. Fassel will be looked at if those we are high on have little interest. Fassel could also end up being the offensive coordinator here under Studesville, the two are close. Rivera who is gaining support as a candidate with the fandom also knows Studesville from their days together in Chicago and may want him to return as the AHC/RBC.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information