Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Town hall discussion on whether or not religious and political sigs/avvies be allowed

Default Town hall discussion on whether or not religious and political sigs/avvies be allowed

The question is fairly simple, should members be allowed to have political avatars or signatures, and the same goes with religious.

In both cases, the sub-question is whether or not only positive portrayals should be allowed:

I pray to God every morning
    vs.
    There is no God, regardless of what some peasant statue worshippers believe.

Obama/Biden 2008
    vs.
    A vote for McCain is a vote for four more years of the failed George Bush policies.

Those are just some of the issues related to this and the examples above were thrown up quickly, because I have to leave for work, but you get the idea.

Please discuss your opinion on this subject. Since P&R is opt in, due you believe the next step is to remove everything political and religious in sigs, and keep it just generic or football orientated, or leave it the way it is now.

Please discuss your thoughts on this, but don't be limited to what I have posted when giving your opinion on this subject.

Any personal attacks, slams or attempt to derail this thread or pull in issues outside of this topic will be removed. Thanks in advance for keeping it on the topic of political and religious content in sigs and avvies.

T

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I have sigs turned off for a couple of reasons:

1. Some of them are just too big
    2. I don't like reading/seeing some of the BS statements

Just my $.02

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

As P&R is now an Opt-In section, then perhaps the issue should extend to the sigs and avatars.

Those people who do not want to be involved in politics or religion still have to see political/religious statements/pictures in sigs/avatars.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

5. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

I love the fact that P and R is opt-in. It has made the forums much more enjoyable for me personally.

The sigs and avatars don't bother me. I say let it stand the way it is. Some freedom of expression at least.

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Matt Prater | Place Kicker

Anything that you can turn off should be allowed. If I don't have to see it, then it won't bother my freedoms either!!

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived schnooks1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

As a personal preference, I'd rather not see them. HOWEVER, as long as they are within current site guidelines, I think they should be allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Let us keep them. If it violates COC, don't.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Great input guys, let's keep that feedback coming

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

As long as its not a personal attack against a member (unless its clay or MO ) i say its all good - if you dont like it do what joe does and turn sigs off - i love sigs and avys - they are reflections of the person, IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I have sigs turned off for a couple of reasons:

1. Some of them are just too big
    2. I don't like reading/seeing some of the BS statements

Just my $.02
    i turn off both avatars and sigs....... stupid things that make the site slow and even if I agree they get boring in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    As long as its not a personal attack against a member (unless its clay or MO ) i say its all good - if you dont like it do what joe does and turn sigs off - i love sigs and avys - they are reflections of the person, IMO
    I think statements and arguments define a person much more than a single signature line.
    People in my opinion are too set in their first impression of a person than they should, and a sig gives only a slight impression.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

They don't really bother me. As it's been noted we have the option to turn them off.

However, in my anally-retentive mind, if we set P&R to be opt-in to allow some members who don't want to be bothered with P&R to avoid even seeing a P&R thread listed in the "new posts" list, then the same courtesy should be given regarding Avvy's and sig's.

In other words, if just seeing a thread title might keep someone away or bother someone, then how much more if it's in every sig and avatard?

If I remember right, I voted against the P&R opt-in but stated that it really didn't matter either way.

I feel about the same here. It doesn't make a difference personally either way, but I think it would be consistent with the opt-in to keep them out of sigs/avatards.

Just an opinion of someone who's never had a politcal/religious statement in a sig or avy.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I don't have a personal preference however, I think it should be allowed as long as it isn't negative or it should be denied across the board. I do not think negativity should be allowed.
    Merry.

allow it.

I know its a football forum but come on. If you arent strong enough in your religion or religous stance that someones sig gets you all upset. I think the problem lies somewhere else. Same with politics.

People should be able to express themselves and i like to see varying poeples opinions on P and R.

However, serious attacks and any CoC violations of course should not stand.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by haroldthebarrel View Post
    i turn off both avatars and sigs....... stupid things that make the site slow and even if I agree they get boring in the end.
    I leave avy's on, because it is an easy way to quickly identify who is posting.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information