Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What more do you need to see?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default What more do you need to see?

Secondary!!!

Did anyone watch the game??

We need to be able to defend the pass and avoid big plays... and get turnovers!!

D line played well compared to the DB's..........

-------Patrick Peterson campaign chairman--------

2. The Following User High Fived Clipworthy For This Post:

If Peterson were clearly the best prospect I'd say take him.. But him and Bowers are both Elite prospects and Denver needs much more help in the front 7 than at CB.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

We may have the worst pass rush in the league. /thread
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

When Denver can start to stop the run then we can worry about the secondary.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    If Peterson were clearly the best prospect I'd say take him.. But him and Bowers are both Elite prospects and Denver needs much more help in the front 7 than at CB.
    But we arn't even officially a 4-3 team.... these top D lineman do not fit in our system as of now.... the way dumervil plays makes it tough to say we switch

and I'd say our secondary is in more need than the D line.... bannan and williams played rather welll yet again today, the runs that killed them were bad secondary tackling and ayers playing like this was the first time he's played the game of football

We got lit up when it mattered in the secondary...and our front 7 stepped up when it mattered against the run

----Patrick Peterson-----

Quote Originally Posted by MethoSauRuS View Post
    But we arn't even officially a 4-3 team.... these top D lineman do not fit in our system as of now.... the way dumervil plays makes it tough to say we switch

and I'd say our secondary is in more need than the D line.... bannan and williams played rather welll yet again today, the runs that killed them were bad secondary tackling and ayers playing like this was the first time he's played the game of football

We got lit up when it mattered in the secondary...and our front 7 stepped up when it mattered against the run

dont care... not worried about the scheme Denver has now. Just worried about drafting the best defensive player available which is Daquan Bowers.

Dont be surprised if you start hearing the Mario Williams/ Julius Peppers comparisons with Bowers... Hes a freak prospect.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Our front 7 hasn't even rolled up into the fetal position when it has mattered against the run in the last 5 years or so, let alone step up.

12. The Following User High Fived honz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

dont care... not worried about the scheme Denver has now. Just worried about drafting the best defensive player available which is Daquan Bowers.

Dont be surprised if you start hearing the Mario Williams/ Julius Peppers comparisons with Bowers... Hes a freak prospect.
    Completely agree that he is a freak.... the D line equivalent of Peterson.... but he does not fit our system......... drafting him would mean an entire defensive overhaul to 4-3.... which will make rebuilding much much harder

he has no chance at playing D line in 3-4, and highly unlikely that he stands up at olb

Completely agree that he is a freak.... the D line equivalent of Peterson.... but he does not fit our system......... drafting him would mean an entire defensive overhaul to 4-3.... which will make rebuilding much much harder

he has no chance at playing D line in 3-4, and highly unlikely that he stands up at olb
    What system?

Denver doesnt know what defensive scheme they are going to be in next year..I kinda hope for a tampa 2 scheme

Even in a 3-4 I think Bowers could play as a 5 technique in. He will get bigger and hes already scary strong.

You are right though... Peterson is a beast, Between him Dareus and Bowers I really dont care who Denver drafts. I think it will be Bowers though because how much hype hes going to recieve in the next couple of months.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

What system?

Denver doesnt know what defensive scheme they are going to be in next year..
    they are completely invested into 3-4...personnel wise.... it would require a LOT of work to shift to a 4-3, maybe too much to make it worth while

they are completely invested into 3-4...personnel wise.... it would require a LOT of work to shift to a 4-3, maybe too much to make it worth while
    What players have they completely invested into the 3-4 scheme?

Dumervil could play with his hand on the ground, hes proven that. Most scouts think Ayers was a better fit in the 4-3 as well, DJ has proven to be a much better Will linebacker in a 4-3.

I think Denver still has the personel of a 4-3 defense trying to play a 3-4 scheme.

17. The Following User High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

What system?

You are right though... Peterson is a beast, Between him Dareus and Bowers I really dont care who Denver drafts. I think it will be Bowers though because how much hype hes going to recieve in the next couple of months.
    A lot of crazy talent available, but Peterson will bring an impact to our defense that we are soooo desperate for.... turnovers

A lot of crazy talent available, but Peterson will bring an impact to our defense that we are soooo desperate for.... turnovers
    It's hard for a DB to force turnovers when the other team can hand the ball off and watch it go for 40 yards.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

4-3 front 7 defenders on our roster right now:

DT: Jamal Williams, Justin Bannan, Marcus Thomas, Vickerson, Ronald Fields

DE: Ayers, Doom, Hunter, Veikune

LB: DJ, Woodyard, Haagan

And before you say not all of these guys fit into a 4-3 scheme, um...judging by this year, I don't think they fit all that well into the 3-4 scheme either. Yes, we would have to make some personnel changes defensively, but this D will likely be gutted whether we stay with the 3-4 or not.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

If you can not put pressure on the quarterback then he can wait and bide his time and wait for an opening. And if you put pressure on a quarterback then he is more likely to make mistakes and throw the ball off target and it gives defenders the chance to make a play on the ball.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information