Thread: QB Footwork And Other Nonsense

Default QB Footwork And Other Nonsense

If there is one topic I am sick to death of is listening to football "tards" like "Sandy Clough" speak about Tebow's "footwork".

Obviously, that idiot and others like him have never watched Drew Brees for more than a few plays at a time.

Then there is the whining about his "throwing motion". Rivers anyone ?
    "It's all in the reflexes."

Quote Originally Posted by MileHiWildcat View Post
    If there is one topic I am sick to death of is listening to football "tards" like "Sandy Clough" speak about Tebow's "footwork".

Obviously, that idiot and others like him have never watched Drew Brees for more than a few plays at a time.

I thought his footwork in the pocket was terrific today. Receivers were not getting open (from the replays they were showing) and he was moving around the pocket to buy time. He wasn't running around though, he was shuffling his feet and moving very well. There is no such thing as holiding on to the ball too long, if players are not open and you are moving well around the pocket. He wasn't taking a lot of coverage sacks.

Didnt you already start a thread about radio people getting on your nerves?

Heres an idea, use the power button, or change to kbpi and listen to some angry music...

Tebow does have issue btw, but we all knew that going in. Maybe just accept they are pointing what we all know and let them sell ad time, thats all it is anyway.

A couple opinions and some truth from all sides.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I like Tebow's game but I'd like to see a little more velocity on some of those throws besides that he did a hell of a job!!

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ogplife View Post
    I thought his footwork in the pocket was terrific today. Receivers were not getting open (from the replays they were showing) and he was moving around the pocket to buy time. He wasn't running around though, he was shuffling his feet and moving very well. There is no such thing as holiding on to the ball too long, if players are not open and you are moving well around the pocket. He wasn't taking a lot of coverage sacks.
    Exactly. To be honest - other than Lloyd - which of the receivers are even capable of getting open 1 on 1 versus decent DBs ?
    "It's all in the reflexes."

His motion needs work, and it will get a tweak when a new coach comes in and works with him. His footwork is unorthodox but it works, it keeps him out of trouble and he has the arm to compensate for the off-balance throws.

He is a very non-typical NFL QB. He is the first QB since mighty John was under center that gives me hope each and every week, regardless of opponent, that Denver can win the game. Tim is clearly at his best when the team needs him to be.

I think it would be foolish to draft a QB right now when he shows so much promise and the defense needs so much work. If we can lock up Lloyd for a while and D. Thomas develops a bit, the offense looks good to go.

Tim has been very impressive for a rookie getting only 3 starts... Other than the first half of the game today he barely resembles a rookie, he looks like Big Ben out there trying to make plays to win the game. You just can't teach that kind of will to win, it isn't coached.

Denver needs to stop this discussion of getting Luck (he hasn't even declared yet) and start looking to develop the budding star on their own roster and maybe give him a defense to help him win games.

If Tebow is THIS good and it still completely raw and non-NFL ready, I can only imagine how deadly he is going to be when he is deemed NFL-ready... According to the very scouts that critique him the sky must be the absolute limit for his potential.

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

I'm so "tired" of this talk about "footwork" just because it's the single biggest "factor" in "accuracy" and no "quarterback" in the "hall of fame" has ever had bad footwork.

Tebow has a lot of things going for him, but let's not pretend he's Tom Brady. The guy needs a lot of work in order to become a polished passer. It seems like he's going to put in the work in order to get there, but he still has to get there.

Default Footwork

I just don't see how or why his footwork is criticized so much more than the other rookies of his draft class or even young QB's in general. Looking at them all, they look pretty darn similar to me. Matt Ryan has drastically improved but other than that...

He just takes so much more criticism than other young QB's...that's what bothers me. Criticism is often legitimate, but it should be fair.
    All you have to decide is what to do with the time given to you...

11. The Following User High Fived Sinthor For This Post:

Footwork speaks to accuracy and his throwing motion is still rough and affects accuracy.

Tebow completed 50% of his passes.. you really think that is good enough? Kid has to grow.

Brees and Rivers have short compact throwing motions and step up in the pocket... you may not like Rivers lower arm slot, but his motion is not elongated. Tebow has done a good job shortening his up (though he did get his arm slapped late in the game today where he fell back into old habits and wound up his throw dropping his arm below his waist...which you cannot! do in the NFL.)

People really seem to have a lack of understanding about QB fundamentals.. you keep throwing all these comparisons out that do not fit.

There is one QB I can think of that had an elongated throwing motion and had success in the NFL... Randal Cunningham. It was not consistent success either.

Cutler struggles badly with his footwork and that leads to a lot of his problems.

People saying that Tebow doesn't need to work on his fundamentals are idiots, plain and simple, people who've probably not played a day of competitive sports in their lives... at least not well... because the very best (Elway, Rice, etc.) whomever and whatever their position constantly work and work and work on their fundamentals and so will Tebow... so get over it.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived JDL For This Post:

He seems to have too much arch on his ball imo.

Let people criticize him... He doesn't care...

IMO, Tebow has a lot of talent, but also a lot of work to do. Like JDL said, he has to work on fundamentals... And be sure he will.

Now, what I like with the kid is his leadership, his winning attitude (may a comeback kid again), his ability to make some plays (though I hope he will use his arm more and better and his legs less).

He is a rookie with only 3 starts... Just don't compare him to Brady, Peyton, Brees and co... He can succeed... Will he? We don't know yet... But I'd rather have him with and a D next year than Orton and this year's D... Period.

Let him grow and don't worry for him... IMO, the more he will be critiziced by "experts" or medias, the more he will work.... harder and harder...
    This guy wants to succeed... No doubt about that.
    Froggy's back !

16. The Following User High Fived frenchfan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JDL View Post
    Footwork speaks to accuracy and his throwing motion is still rough and affects accuracy.

Tebow completed 50% of his passes.. you really think that is good enough? Kid has to grow.

Brees and Rivers have short compact throwing motions and step up in the pocket... you may not like Rivers lower arm slot, but his motion is not elongated. Tebow has done a good job shortening his up (though he did get his arm slapped late in the game today where he fell back into old habits and wound up his throw dropping his arm below his waist...which you cannot! do in the NFL.)

People really seem to have a lack of understanding about QB fundamentals.. you keep throwing all these comparisons out that do not fit.

There is one QB I can think of that had an elongated throwing motion and had success in the NFL... Randal Cunningham. It was not consistent success either.

Cutler struggles badly with his footwork and that leads to a lot of his problems.

People saying that Tebow doesn't need to work on his fundamentals are idiots, plain and simple, people who've probably not played a day of competitive sports in their lives... at least not well... because the very best (Elway, Rice, etc.) whomever and whatever their position constantly work and work and work on their fundamentals and so will Tebow... so get over it.
    You're such an angry little guy...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information