Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Congrats to Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    I expect them to keep the late first rounder and probably the 33rd and get a package for for the 17th.
    I agree that they are more likely to trade the 17th than the late first rounder, unless there is a player too good to pass up. Considering that the 33rd pick is the FIRST pick of Day 2 of the draft, I expect that there will be high demand for the pick and that they may trade it if they get a good to great offer. Just my
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    In house means nothing when you're still sitting at home while the winner of the division plays at least one more game. :shrugs: I can't blame you for being pissed....I would be too after tossing Cable out.
    This is what I'm trying to tell people. 2-8 is more telling than 6-0. I still think he should be given one more year, but it wasn't possible since the option was for 2. I think if his option years were to start NEXT year, he'd be here for the 2011 season.

In house means nothing when you're still sitting at home while the winner of the division plays at least one more game. :shrugs: I can't blame you for being pissed....I would be too after tossing Cable out.
    I'm not pissed until we find out who the next "guy" is. Cable was a likable guy truth is he is an Offensive line coach who even this year had some really questionable moves/calls regarding his expertise in that area. Although 8-8 is a big step Cable seemed awfully content with that - when truth is we left at least 3 games this year that we honestly should've won.

I'd like some continuity with Hue staying on board but if its a new complete regime.....i'll be a little pissed

I blame my hate mail on typographical errors,
    correct the misspellings then send out "thank you" notes for the love letters

Quote Originally Posted by silver_black View Post
    I'm not pissed until we find out who the next "guy" is. Cable was a likable guy truth is he is an Offensive line coach who even this year had some really questionable moves/calls regarding his expertise in that area. Although 8-8 is a big step Cable seemed awfully content with that - when truth is we left at least 3 games this year that we honestly should've won.

I'd like some continuity with Hue staying on board but if its a new complete regime.....i'll be a little pissed
    I don't see Cable on any other sideline, he was just perfect for the Raider image. Big brute looking guy who breaks jaws when pissed.

5. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

I don't see Cable on any other sideline, he was just perfect for the Raider image. Big brute looking guy who breaks jaws when pissed.
    did you not see him as the Falcons O-line coach too

I'll admit I do like the Cable guy i'd much rather he stayed as the o-line coach but that was never a possibility once promoted years back. When he was handling the play calling he was terrible, but then he was given Jabustus to work with too.

I like the guy, I think he got a raw deal but I also don't think he is a great HC.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_black View Post
    did you not see him as the Falcons O-line coach too

I'll admit I do like the Cable guy i'd much rather he stayed as the o-line coach but that was never a possibility once promoted years back. When he was handling the play calling he was terrible, but then he was given Jabustus to work with too.

I like the guy, I think he got a raw deal but I also don't think he is a great HC.
    He's no signal caller. That's a craft that only a few excel at, others are good to decent. But Cable can get an o-line to get their shit together. I warmed up to him late but still had reservations as the season's mistakes took shape. Not completely his fault though.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    He's no signal caller. That's a craft that only a few excel at, others are good to decent. But Cable can get an o-line to get their shit together. I warmed up to him late but still had reservations as the season's mistakes took shape. Not completely his fault though.
    no doubt. I agree it was the right move for Davis to take away the play calling and give it to Hue, but he did an admirable job with what he was handed in the position he was in.

Theres just better options at HC than Cable, but Al's never been one to think much of the HC importance. He likes to have his puppets...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information