Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, but i got to rain on our parade some :(

Default Sorry, but i got to rain on our parade some :(

Yes great win, jay, eddie, oline all tore it up!

But we need to realize some things and maybe its just me.

Our Defense still is not very good!!!

Yeah, we held them to 14 points and 270 total yards or something like that. We also shut down a very very good rushing attack. ( faid is underrated in that aspect, they are very good and i expect them to get even better.)

But lets look back and see just how bad our defense still is. First, we played against a shitty offense- all they can do is run! Thats it. Yet we still let them drive on us almost at will. If not for their stupid penalties they would have had some extended drives. Also, the raiders oline is mesh- we are not going to see that against other teams.

How many times last night did we get lucky. 1 long pass over the middle to curry. Had russel made a better throw or this be mid season that would have been a catch and a TD. (now they have 21 pts instead.)

How about that other pass that was just overthrown to the TE?, not sure who. Had that been mid season that would have been a TD (now 28 pts)

Plus, the fact that they fumbled in the redzone and this game is a lot closer than we think. Obviously, it didnt happen and these are a lot of "WHAT IF'S" but we need to understand that this is the radiers.

A team that cant pass, and can only run. A team with no oline, and a crappy defense. Yes we put up 41pts on them. Yes, the oline gave jay 5 minutes to throw. Do you really think this will happen agian next week?

The chargers have a 1000x better dline then the faid. Their corners arent as good, but still top notch. On top of that they have a great 3-4 d that puts pressure on the qb- with or without merriman. I hope that we put up 41 on the bolts. But seriously, 28 is about the max i see. Maybe even less.

Our defense got a little pressure on a crappy oline, what will it do against a good bolts oline? I understand that we did blitz a lot last game and we didnt bring the heat like i really think we are capable of, but the bolts can pick up the blitz- and so far this year (preseason too) we can be passed on pretty easily. That was always our biggest problem 3 years ago when coyer was here.

we got the corner but we cant stop the pass- sorry to be such a downer, but i still do not like our defense very much at all. Hope i am wrong, hope we own the bolts but i an very weary.

PS- for the record i still think we will win, and i think we will score more than they will. Our offense is going to be good even agianst them, but we cant rely on offense alone like the pats did last year.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think everyone knows this was a bit of a aberration. But, laying a beatdown on the Raiders on opening night in their house is still cause for celebration. I know we have more work to do but im going to go ahead and enjoy this win. \m/

4. The Following 10 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

In the first half, neither the defense or special teams impressed me, but what did impress me were the halftime adjustments. Both units looked MUCH better in the second half.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Yeah, we held them to 14 points and 270 total yards or something like that. We also shut down a very very good rushing attack. ( faid is underrated in that aspect, they are very good and i expect them to get even better.)

But lets look back and see just how bad our defense still is. First, we played against a shitty offense- all they can do is run! Thats it. Yet we still let them drive on us almost at will. If not for their stupid penalties they would have had some extended drives. Also, the raiders oline is mesh- we are not going to see that against other teams.

How many times last night did we get lucky. 1 long pass over the middle to curry. Had russel made a better throw or this be mid season that would have been a catch and a TD. (now they have 21 pts instead.)

How about that other pass that was just overthrown to the TE?, not sure who. Had that been mid season that would have been a TD (now 28 pts)

Plus, the fact that they fumbled in the redzone and this game is a lot closer than we think. Obviously, it didnt happen and these are a lot of "WHAT IF'S" but we need to understand that this is the radiers.

A team that cant pass, and can only run. A team with no oline, and a crappy defense. Yes we put up 41pts on them. Yes, the oline gave jay 5 minutes to throw. Do you really think this will happen agian next week?

The chargers have a 1000x better dline then the faid. Their corners arent as good, but still top notch. On top of that they have a great 3-4 d that puts pressure on the qb- with or without merriman. I hope that we put up 41 on the bolts. But seriously, 28 is about the max i see. Maybe even less.

Our defense got a little pressure on a crappy oline, what will it do against a good bolts oline? I understand that we did blitz a lot last game and we didnt bring the heat like i really think we are capable of, but the bolts can pick up the blitz- and so far this year (preseason too) we can be passed on pretty easily. That was always our biggest problem 3 years ago when coyer was here.

we got the corner but we cant stop the pass- sorry to be such a downer, but i still do not like our defense very much at all. Hope i am wrong, hope we own the bolts but i an very weary.

PS- for the record i still think we will win, and i think we will score more than they will. Our offense is going to be good even agianst them, but we cant rely on offense alone like the pats did last year.

Can we have just one day of being over friggen joyed at a beatdown?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Last I checked, this was one of the best Broncos openers in years.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

9. The Following 7 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Who needs defense when you have Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, and Eddie Royal. Seriously.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

good post I agree OAK and SAN are two totally different teams..

Better and more talent in SAN with decent coaching and a way better FO..

Those expecting a cake walk, could very well be surprised next week..

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I think that our D-Line will get better. Bly and Champ weren't really tested. I am nervous to see how our D plays against a real Offense, but I am excited to watch Cutler play Catch with Royal, Marshal, Sheff, etc... for the rest of the year.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

I think girler adopted Eddie. I guess that makes me an aunt... again. Dream... here's the brother you never knew you had.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Who needs defense when you have Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, and Eddie Royal. Seriously.
    I think our offense is good enough to help our defense. If we are able to consistently jump out to a lead and force teams in a catch up mode, that predictability makes helps our defense.

18. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

yea.....I'm gonna enjoy this win ......but I know we can't realisticaly expect to score 30 or 40 pts. every week.....AND OUR RUN DEFENSE WILL NEED TO GET BETTER EVERY WEEK.......but a great start.....and things change from week to week in the NFL.

I think we can say this every week....but......let's see where the Broncos are next week after the SD game.....and go from there....

GO BRONCOS
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived broncophan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

San Diego is too good of a team to just be blown out like the Raiders, but at the same time the Broncos offense did what it was suppose to do. Score like crazy on a bad team.
    The bronco chemist.

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived LoyalSoldier For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I believe with my heart of homers, that Shanahan is aware of our weaknesses, and will be ready for the sparklers this Sunday.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

That pass youre referring to to Curry saw three Denver defenders chasing one WR and leaving Curry open. Maybe by midseason we have the coverage ironed out?

Room to improve, thats for sure. But our offense has a gunslinger at helm and very talented skill players. If our offensive line gives Cutler as much time as they did last night, I'll put us on top of a shoot out any day of the week. Not saying I am excusing the defense for some poor play at times. Our pass rush also looks much improved. I am juiced about the season. Bring on San Diego- the whales vagina. Go Broncos!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information