Thread: Dvr

Default Dvr

Is there a way to get files from DVRs?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

You can transfer DVR files to a PC, but its a lot more complicated than its worth. Google it and you will find many different ways to go about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

if you have a dvd recorder you can just copy off you tv to disc.they have dropped dramatically in price recently.
    or go old school and use a vcr

If you have dish you can pay a charge of like 50 or something to do it. But there are usb ports on the boxes. There is a way around that, like shake said. But I have never tried it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Is there a way to get files from DVRs?
    Depends on what you are trying to accomplish -- we don't talk about piracy in here.

There may be others now, but this used to be the only 'reasonably priced' (sub $1000) option for recording HD content from a DVR or other source: http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

Depending on your DVR, there are other options. For instance, if you have a Tivo, you can hack it and there are a lot of instructions out there in terms of how to do it, but you need to be prepared to roll your sleves up if you go that route.

It has a USB port in the back. I'll probably google it.
    No Piracy here. Just curious.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Kinda depends on your objective. Do you want these on your hard drive or do you want to burn your own DVD? Also, is it in HD or standard def?

You can buy a recordable DVD machine for $150-$400 and just connect your DVR to the input. That's what I do (not for piracy, just for my own collection of sporting events).

To make files for your PC, there are tuner cards and converter programs. Some of these files (especially in HD) take up a lot of memory so make sure your computer has plenty before trying.

Some DVRs have the USB port disabled if you got it from your cable/satellite company. The port may be physically there but it hasn't been programmed to use.

Anyway, that's a rough overview of how to get something from DVR to a more permanent form of storage.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information