Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: End of era may be nearing in Denver

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Bailey owes this franchise nothing. He has been our best and most consistent player for the past 7 years. Even when I thought he was slowing down last year, he bounced back and proved he's still got it this year. Hope he stays, but will have no ill feelings towards him if he wants to leave.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBJ View Post
    Yea id does. I remember his 1st game as a Bronco against the Chiefs, and that same day watching Portis break off a 64 yard TD run vs the Bucs. Damn, hard to believe its been that long. Crazy how fast it flies by.
    Watching Portis break off that run the first time he touched the ball as a redskin thinking to myself what a mistake the trade was.. Champ didnt disapoint against the chiefs on Sunday night though with that leaping interception. Great times.

Im pretty sure its safe to say that Denver got the better end of the deal in that trade.

3. The Following User High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    Watching Portis break off that run the first time he touched the ball as a redskin thinking to myself what a mistake the trade was.. Champ didnt disapoint against the chiefs on Sunday night though with that leaping interception. Great times.

Im pretty sure its safe to say that Denver got the better end of the deal in that trade.
    I think so too EMB. Clinton has personality disorder

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Two words: franchise tag

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think I would be upset at the organization for doing that. Let him go, we've basically kept him hostage long enough with our inabiity to compete. I don't think Champ appreciates being a part of arguably the organizations worst defense in the history of its existence, and one of the worst defenses in the NFL year in and out.

well we were in talks earlier in the year about a long term commitment. i think the whole cba thing scared the broncos from going through with the deal. alot will be determined once the superbowl is over.

i suspect bailey will remain a bronco.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I think I would be upset at the organization for doing that. Let him go, we've basically kept him hostage long enough with our inabiity to compete. I don't think Champ appreciates being a part of arguably the organizations worst defense in the history of its existence, and one of the worst defenses in the NFL year in and out.
    That's crazy. This is a business. The organization doesn't owe Bailey anything above the tens of millions they've already paid him.

He'll be signed or tagged... No way they just let that valuable of a player walk on down the road.

9. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Yea, not to mention that Portis was my favorite player when we traded him. Still 1 of my favs. I loved watching CP here. But imo Joe Gibbs ruined him. If Portis had stayed here, he might have shattered some records. I'm probably 1 of few that wishes we never got rid of Portis. Bailey is nice, but without a pass rush, its pretty useless. Would rather have a Dline then a great CB any day. Thats just me though.

But yea, I remember when he broke off that run in his 1st ever play. But that night was pretty cool because Q had a pretty good game and looked good vs the Chiefs. Damn, ever since he fumbled vs the Jags, seems like that was the end of it for him.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I think so too EMB. Clinton has personality disorder
    ya and the fact that an elite CB brings so much more to the table.. a productive RB is a dime a dozen these days, finding an elite CB is unheard of.

Just wish Denver would have taken advantage of what they had in Champ Bailey instead of ignoring the fact that they needed a good Front 7 to maximize his talents.

He still played great though even playing with a bunch of scrubs most of his career in Denver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Keep Champ, he's the best D-athlete on the team. He has several good seasons left (CB or Safety).

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would certainly pay him before Lloyd. Let Champ play some more DB and then move him to safety and let him finish his career in Denver.
    Champ was ready to sign the contract offer, and the Broncos pulled it off the table?????????

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Why franchise tag him? Unless you plan on giving him a good contract for more than one year, why franchise a guy when our team isn't play-off caliber? Its not like we have the ability to "make that last run" of it. Would be silly to pay him top 5 money, for a single season at this point of his career for a team that will need many to get back to be competitive.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

15. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBJ View Post
    Yea, not to mention that Portis was my favorite player when we traded him. Still 1 of my favs. I loved watching CP here. But imo Joe Gibbs ruined him. If Portis had stayed here, he might have shattered some records. I'm probably 1 of few that wishes we never got rid of Portis. Bailey is nice, but without a pass rush, its pretty useless. Would rather have a Dline then a great CB any day. Thats just me though.

But yea, I remember when he broke off that run in his 1st ever play. But that night was pretty cool because Q had a pretty good game and looked good vs the Chiefs. Damn, ever since he fumbled vs the Jags, seems like that was the end of it for him.
    Ahhh Quentin Griffin...

The next Barry Sanders...

17. The Following User High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

ya and the fact that an elite CB brings so much more to the table.. a productive RB is a dime a dozen these days, finding an elite CB is unheard of.

Just wish Denver would have taken advantage of what they had in Champ Bailey instead of ignoring the fact that they needed a good Front 7 to maximize his talents.

He still played great though even playing with a bunch of scrubs most of his career in Denver.
    yeah, and rbs these days are pretty short-lived too unfortunately. Champ definitely stands out at corner. What I like most about him is his tackling. He puts himself into postiiton to tackle. nothing fancy, just very consistent. He'd be solid at safety for a while

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

That's crazy. This is a business. The organization doesn't owe Bailey anything above the tens of millions they've already paid him.

He'll be signed or tagged... No way they just let that valuable of a player walk on down the road.
    This would go towards my argument of not signing him then. We've had arguably the best CB in the NFL, and it has got 3 of the organization's worst defenses in history, along with 3 of the NFL's worst defenses throughout the season. In that case, I'm cutting ties with him, and using that $12 million + to actually try and upgrade the defense so we aren't among the NFL's worst anymore.

It's a matter of opinion, but from a business standpoint, that makes sense to me.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information