Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eric Studesville knows he's the stand-in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    To be honest I'm not entirely sold on Rivera or Dennison either. I really don't know who I am sold on actually. I think Cowher was overrated but I loved his defenses, but he didn't coordinate those defenses and he had some of the best defensive minds around him. That's one good thing about Cowher, he ALWAYS kept really good coordinators on staff.

Gruden is popular because of his announcing skills on MNF but I'm not entirely sold on him. He was very good in Oakland, pretty good in Tampa Bay... I don't think he had much to work with on the offensive side of the football in Tampa.

This is a decision Bowlen needs to get right. Josh really set this team back.
    I've been sold on Rivera for quite some time, I mentioned him as a possible after Shanahan's firing, but I backed McDaniels as my favorite for the position off the list of candidates we had interviewed. Though near the end I started to favor Jason Garrett more and more. Rivera has proven himself with two different teams, that's more then can be said about a lot of the candidates being mentioned.

I don't see Cowher tying himself to Denver, though I do believe that he's secretly intrigued with Tebow because he is a lot like Roethlisberger, I don't see him taking a job where he not only has a G.M. above him who has the final say but also John Elway, though they are rather good friends off the field. As for Gruden, I think he is the perfect candidate for the job, but I don't see us dishing out close to seven million dollars a year to him, and that also goes for Cowher.

I've never been more dissapointed with supporting someone in my life as I am with the fact I supported McDaniels to become the head coach here. And no one turned on him quicker either, the minute he tried to trade Cutler that was it, I was pretty much sold the man was a complete imbecile.

Agreed, this organization has to make the right choice, but there is not many good coaches being mentioned for the job here in Denver by the media sources and that is not instilling any warm fuzzy feelings of confidence with the fandom either. Crap, the top candidate three weeks ago was Troy Calhoun! We have some fans who think Mularkey is a good choice right now?

And of those mentioned, I'm most intrigued with Rivera, Garrett or Dennison.

There are some other candidates I think should be mentioned, like Joe Lombardi, Dirk Koetter, Sean McDermott and Greg Knapp.

I could probably find one solid candidate from each organization if not two. But it seems that our list will not be a long one, in fact it's looking rather short (on brains) at least.

2. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Hell man, I was stoked when we got McDaniels, thought it was a great hire, he seemed to have a lot of energy and intelligence... Then, the Cutler thing happened. Pissed me off but I still kept faith. I kept on keeping faith until the Raiders blowout, that was it for me, in combination with the Hillis trade, I was done. Now I truly believe Josh is an arrogant, pompous clown.

Gruden seems like the best fit, he just looks like he would be a Denver coach, it's easy to see him in orange and blue. I hope that Bowlen isn't afraid to pay a coach the kind of money we need to be competitive.

Mularky would be a horrible hire, absolutely horrible.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Hell man, I was stoked when we got McDaniels, thought it was a great hire, he seemed to have a lot of energy and intelligence... Then, the Cutler thing happened. Pissed me off but I still kept faith. I kept on keeping faith until the Raiders blowout, that was it for me, in combination with the Hillis trade, I was done. Now I truly believe Josh is an arrogant, pompous clown.

Gruden seems like the best fit, he just looks like he would be a Denver coach, it's easy to see him in orange and blue. I hope that Bowlen isn't afraid to pay a coach the kind of money we need to be competitive.

Mularky would be a horrible hire, absolutely horrible.
    However, even though Gruden seems like a good fit...he has openly committed himself to ESPN for the 2011 year, do we really want to hire someone so quick to go back on their committed word? Especially when we could be paying him six to seven million a year? I like Gruden, but I'm openly cautious at this time about him.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    However, even though Gruden seems like a good fit...he has openly committed himself to ESPN for the 2011 year, do we really want to hire someone so quick to go back on their committed word? Especially when we could be paying him six to seven million a year? I like Gruden, but I'm openly cautious at this time about him.
    I read a DP article a week or so ago that said that Denver probably would not go after a high profile coach like Gruden or Cowher.

Gruden and Tebow seem like a good fit, don't they? That's a lot of intensity on the sidelines. Gruden's my #1 choice right now, even though I realize it likely won't happen because of his commitment to MNF and the possible money issue. But I want a guy who can help develop Tebow (which Gruden can do), and someone who has a proven track record (which Gruden has - I actually look at his Raiders job as being the more impressive of the two jobs; he turned that franchise around under nearly impossible circumstances and built a very good Raiders team despite being handicapped by the fact that he was working for Al Davis).

Maybe a pipe dream, not sure - but we know Gruden's enamored of Tebow, and Tebow's mentioned Gruden's name unsolicited a few times in interviews. Tebow's development is just as important as any other need on the roster, and taking an offensive-minded coach who has the presence of mind to know that the defensive side of the ball is still the top priority from a personnel standpoint is fine with me.

He really is ideal for this coaching job. Someone write him a letter!

9. The Following User High Fived zbeg For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

It seems very hard to predict coaching success. Wade Phillips was always good as a DC but has been a dismal failure as HC...some head coaches who were winners before, come back and fail. Belichek got fired at cleveland and look at him now...We might have as much of a chance at winning with Studesville...he may be only a RB coach, but he has the ability to lead men

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information