Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eric Studesville knows he's the stand-in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default Eric Studesville knows he's the stand-in.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/report

Broncos Team Report
    Yahoo! Sports - 3 hours, 35 minutes ago

Eric Studesville knows he's the stand-in. The players are aware of it, too.

But instead of going through the motions as the Broncos interim head coach, he's done a decent job of motivating the team as one of the most disappointing seasons in franchise history mercifully comes to a close with a game Sunday against San Diego.
    Studesville has done a pretty good job all things considered. I think some people have said the he has good chance to become the full time coach if he wins two of the last four games. I don't see that happening and it seems to be what the report is driving at. He's also done an excellent job of handling himself with media.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Studes never really had a chance but the best possible thing he could've done (and nobody knows if it was his call or came from higher up) was to play Tebow the last 3 games. At least it has provided entertainment, a little hope, and something for the fans to talk about as we look forward to the FA and the draft.

Maybe he'll get his old job back as RBs coach. I'd be fine with him staying on the coaching staff in some capacity, just not as the HC...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

4. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Yeah, he has very limited NFL experience, and he's never been a coordinator at this level. I agree with TXBRONC, under the circumstances he's done an admirable job. He shouldn't be HC, but I think he more than deserves to stay on as RB coach.

I like the guy as a person. Seems like a real good guy and down to earth. But I don't want him as our HC. Still not even sure who I want. I just hope we go defense. Thats about the only thing I know for sure at this point.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Awesome guy and he's certainly made a name for himself these past few weeks. Hope to see him on our sideline next season as the RB coach.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

He has definitely handled himself well, with the situation he was given. I think it would be a shame if he was not retained in some capacity.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

I like him and all that , too...
    but our run game was so bad all season...

I hope he lands somewhere good...

but I am excited to see a NEW HC...
    and all the coaches HE chooses to bring in to Denver.

Bowlen will hire a guy who drafts defense and gives Tebow a chance...
    I am confidant of that...

but the new HC should not be told who to hire on his coaching staff.

Now if new HC comes in and wants Stud... fine.

Who knows?
    Stud may get a BETTER job offer somewhere else based upon his experience here.
    He might land an OC job or something...

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Our running game may have sucked most of the year, but I saw a ton of improvement from Moreno when he was healthy. Studes was the rb coach, not the oline coach. I thought he did a very good job with what he had to work with.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Our running game may have sucked most of the year, but I saw a ton of improvement from Moreno when he was healthy. Studes was the rb coach, not the oline coach. I thought he did a very good job with what he had to work with.
    I was also very impressed in the post game press conference after the Houston game when he said (paraphrasing) that Moreno was ready to go on the sidelines, but Buckhalter and Ball were doing a good job and he didn't want to disrupt that. It just showed a lot of faith and trust in your players, which I really appreciated. And Buck had an amazing game that day.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Grover For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by tripleoption View Post
    Yeah, he has very limited NFL experience, and he's never been a coordinator at this level. I agree with TXBRONC, under the circumstances he's done an admirable job. He shouldn't be HC, but I think he more than deserves to stay on as RB coach.
    Studesville could be named the offensive coordinator in Denver, if the Broncos hire Jim Fassel, Elway's close friend and former coach at Stanford and then in Denver and the coach who brought Studesville up from the collegiate ranks to the pro level.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    the best possible thing he could've done (and nobody knows if it was his call or came from higher up) was to play Tebow the last 3 games.
    I caught on 1043 the fan that it did require a long meeting and approval.

I like Studes A LOT. I think he will make a great HC down the road. He needs a little more experience in an expanded role i.e. OC or assistant coach/offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Studesville could be named the offensive coordinator in Denver, if the Broncos hire Jim Fassel, Elway's close friend and former coach at Stanford and then in Denver and the coach who brought Studesville up from the collegiate ranks to the pro level.
    I would be ok with Studesville here in an expanded role. He and Gase are probably the only two coaches that I would like to see stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    If we hire Jim Fassel it is game over. He's terrible. Let's just hope that Elway is smarter than this. Fassel has been begging for a coaching gig in the NFL for years now and no one will give him one.

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Studesville is the only head coach in the NFL who looks like he could kick Tom Cables ass.

24. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I kinda liked how he kept Moreno on the bench when the other guys were doing well. Almost like a reverse Hillis situation.

26. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I kinda liked how he kept Moreno on the bench when the other guys were doing well. Almost like a reverse Hillis situation.
    Moreno might have hit on Studesvilles wife

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information