Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone listen to the radio today?

What this is, is typical over reaction.

Ill give credit, he did what was needed to win, but lets at least look at what he was up against.

The Texans have the worst pass defense in the league, its not really a true gauge of ones passing skills to beat up on them, jsut like you cant judge ANY offense on playing the Broncos D.

2 games and the collective head is about to burst off the pinita in Denver.

I realise this win was a huge moral boost, but, I really hope people temper the Tebowcitement with abit of reality in there too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

^why temper the enthusiasm? Geezo, this is the best thing that has happened all season. People were so depressed after the arizona loss and now there is a totally different atmosphere. If fans want to jump up and down with joy, then they should be able to do that without being told not to

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    What this is, is typical over reaction.

Ill give credit, he did what was needed to win, but lets at least look at what he was up against.

The Texans have the worst pass defense in the league, its not really a true gauge of ones passing skills to beat up on them, jsut like you cant judge ANY offense on playing the Broncos D.

2 games and the collective head is about to burst off the pinita in Denver.

I realise this win was a huge moral boost, but, I really hope people temper the Tebowcitement with abit of reality in there too.
    Huh? Over reaction?
    Why do you feel the need put down the Bronco fans in Denver? That was low.
    Who pissed in your cheerios today?

5. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Tebow played well and it is hard to knock it. He made plays with his arm and feet. All year we have been clamoring for a guy who isn't going to fold with the ball in his hands and the game on the line. He had a HUGE 3rd down conversion on the final drive and all I see is nit picking.

It was the guy's second start. He is only going to improve. Will he have some down moments? Sure. But let's keep the bigger picture in mind.

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Huh? Over reaction?
    Why do you feel the need put down the Bronco fans in Denver? That was low.
    Who pissed in your cheerios today?
    How did I put down Broncos fans? Im a Bronco fan for 30 years.

Over reacting as in, expecting far to much from Tebow. Im not going to get excited about this games potential meeing. It was the Texans, the worst pass d in the league.

Be happy all you want, but temper the over reacting to Tebows game play, it was the Texans in a garbage game...

What do we really know from this. Its my opinion of where we STILL are with QB questions.

No reason to push the envolope of insults, I didnt intend mine to go there.

How did I put down Broncos fans? Im a Bronco fan for 30 years.

Over reacting as in, expecting far to much from Tebow. Im not going to get excited about this games potential meeing. It was the Texans, the worst pass d in the league.

Be happy all you want, but temper the over reacting to Tebows game play, it was the Texans in a garbage game...

What do we really know from this. Its my opinion of where we STILL are with QB questions.

No reason to push the envolope of insults, I didnt intend mine to go there.
    People would need to temper excitement if they were going around claiming that Tebow is now Peyton Mannings equal. Most people realize that its only his second start and he is already showing the ability to create something out of nothing and to get up off the mat to save the day...even against the Texans defense (which is an NFL defense btw).

Had McCoy opened up the play book sooner, he might have had 400 yards passing. But even if 400 yards against the Texans equates to 250 yards against better defenses, there's still cause for enormous optimism.

Ben Roethlisberger does similar things and his ability to create with his feet is often the difference in beating the Ravens. That ability to create that has been seen with Tebow has value, whether its the Texans or Ravens. Plus theres the composure and how everyone else seems to play better.
    1st: Nick Fairley, RDE
    1st (traded up with 2 2nds): Stephen Paea, NT
    2nd (Orton): J.J. Watt, LDE
    3rd: Ahmad Black, SS
    6th: Armando Allen, RB
    6th: Devon Torrence, CB

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Jake Klug For This Post:

See, I am tired of seeing things like this...

Now I was in China, so I did not get to see the game. But the texans this year also played against peyton manning x2, tony romo, eli manning, matt cassel, philip rivers, joe flacco and michael vick.

And the texans did not lose all of those games to the qbs I still listed. Yet, no one is saying, "Oh mike vick, he won because it was the texans."

Or "how come peyton manning lost, it was the texans with the worst pass D in the league?"

This is a very poor argument. Yet people keep saying it, Dukes said it too. I was like really? So what, who cares how bad it is. They are a pretty good team who shut down peyton and some other qbs this year. They completely shut out the titans. With ZERO points. Something that only a few teams can claim this year, if any. Fact of the matter is, he played and produced. And did better than other proven QBs.

Now, I only have the stats too look at, because I forgot to record the game and like I said I was in China so I did not get to see it. It is possible that TT did not look very good but had a couple nice drives. However, from everything I have been reading on here and other places and the fact that he is on NFL Primetime, and a buckyB breakdown, leads me to believe he probably did have a pretty decent game.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    This is a very poor argument. Yet people keep saying it, Dukes said it too. I was like really? So what, who cares how bad it is. They are a pretty good team who shut down peyton and some other qbs this year. They completely shut out the titans.
    What you point out is interesting. A simple analogy would be people who were previously saying that Tebow could never play in the NFL, who are now saying that Tebow hasn't yet played against a real NFL team. I guess to some, the Texans don't qualify as a real NFL team. Tebow is what he is, good and bad, and he played well against the Texans. Denying that is silly.

14. The Following User High Fived gator_fan For This Post:

UR, why were you in China?

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    UR, why were you in China?

Because it is my favorite place on this planet besides the USA. Noah was with his mom for Christmas and they were going to spend it in CA, where her dad lives. So I was like alright I am going to china. Called my cousin and his wife and my mom and we did Christmas in China. My cousin and his wife had never been before, so they really enjoyed it. We balled out, especially at the wangfujijing midnight market.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Because it is my favorite place on this planet besides the USA. Noah was with his mom for Christmas and they were going to spend it in CA, where her dad lives. So I was like alright I am going to china. Called my cousin and his wife and my mom and we did Christmas in China. My cousin and his wife had never been before, so they really enjoyed it. We balled out, especially at the wangfujijing midnight market.
    interesting. what is it about China that is so appealing? Have you been to alot of other countries?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

interesting. what is it about China that is so appealing? Have you been to alot of other countries?
    China actually has alot of fun stuff to do, culture there is very bad ass if you go to the right places, and bejiing is pretty bad ass.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    China actually has alot of fun stuff to do, culture there is very bad ass if you go to the right places, and bejiing is pretty bad ass.....
    hmmmm. I work with a chinese scientist in our division. He told me that a dish called cumfrumsumyunggui was delicious

Everything. Seriously.

The people, the culture- so 100% different than here or most places. Lots of history- 3000 years old ya know. The food is the best ever. EVER!! I mean like EVER. No chinese restaurant in the states even comes close. Shopping is off the hook because everything is made there and it is so redamndiculously cheap. The architecture is amazing too. Their entire system is just so advnaced and cool. But the place is a shit hole. Dirty, like nasty dirty, smells horrible, polluted (most poluted city in the world) and the water is not palatable.

Plus the wangfujing market. (Id never been before because no one was ever brave enough to ball out with me. But my cousin and his wife did.)

Wangfujing is the open street market where they have all sorts of weird ass food. Or I should say weird things that they cook in front of you in woks that are for eating.

I had on this trip- scorpion, centepede, squid, octopus, squids head, starfish, shark, sea urchin, sea horses, and sheeps testes. <--but I did not intentially mean to eat that one. I messed up my mandarin and ordered that instead of ostrich eye. Im not fluent yet, so I am prone to making mistakes.

I have not been to antarctica or africa, otherwise yes!
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

hmmmm. I work with a chinese scientist in our division. He told me that a dish called cumfrumsumyunggui was delicious

For you we would order cumfrumsumyungdogge. You'll love it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information