Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Beating Texans Didn't Cost Broncos #2 Pick

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    those 2 might actullly be, and probably are, Latino. some Latino people can indeed look African descent. the telling trait is the fro, i think. One extra protein in hair of African blacks. that's why there is the "fro"
    Is that what they mean when they say non-Caucasian Hispanic?

So what is Ricky Martin?

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post

So what is Ricky Martin?
    pretty gay from what I've heard

So what is Ricky Martin?
    I may be wrong, but latinos aren't caucasian so I don't see where that would even apply. that makes as much sense to me as saying noncaucasian black/African descent

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I may be wrong, but latinos aren't caucasian so I don't see where that would even apply. that makes as much sense to me as saying noncaucasian black/African descent
    I think they can be Nut. WHat about Spain and Portugal and the hot blonde Mexicans on Sabado Gigante?

I think they can be Nut. WHat about Spain and Portugal and the hot blonde Mexicans on Sabado Gigante?
    Portuguese and Spaniards have more melanin in their skin as many Mediterraninan people do (Italians, Greeks, etc). so in general, they have darker complexions. the Spaniards and Portuguese are not considered latino though. Spain conquered the Mayans and Aztec kingdoms and infused their genetics into what are today's Mexicans, but it is really the South American Race that qualifies the Mexicans as Latino. Again, I may be wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

those 2 might actullly be, and probably are, Latino. some Latino people can indeed look African descent. the telling trait is the fro, i think. One extra protein in hair of African blacks. that's why there is the "fro"
    I really think it has wayyyyy less to do with that than where they were born. You can be black and be from say Cuba, or the Dominican Republic and have a Hispanic name. Many slaves sought refuge in the Caribbean during the times of slavery and that's why there are so many blacks in the Caribbean (like Jamaica and Haiti), but almost all of the other islands out there were at one time Spanish colonies. Being a black man named "Pedro Martinez" down there is just like being an Asian named John Smith in the USA.

IIRC, "hispanics" that actually came from Spain actually do have some African lineage from the many years of being under the control of the Moors from Northern Africa, but as far as I know being "Hispanic" is still not really it's own race (we make it one in the US when dealing with discrimination, but I don't think it really is) and is considered Caucasian as is being Italian or Greek who also have many of the same features as those of Spanish descent.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I really think it has wayyyyy less to do with that than where they were born. You can be black and be from say Cuba, or the Dominican Republic and have a Hispanic name. Many slaves sought refuge in the Caribbean during the times of slavery and that's why there are so many blacks in the Caribbean (like Jamaica and Haiti), but almost all of the other islands out there were at one time Spanish colonies. Being a black man named "Pedro Martinez" down there is just like being an Asian named John Smith in the USA.

IIRC, "hispanics" that actually came from Spain actually do have some African lineage from the many years of being under the control of the Moors from Northern Africa, but as far as I know being "Hispanic" is still not really it's own race (we make it one in the US when dealing with discrimination, but I don't think it really is) and is considered Caucasian as is being Italian or Greek who also have many of the same features as those of Spanish descent.
    yeah, like I said, I dont' really know. Egtyptians, although in Africa are considered Arab rather than African I think also.

but yeah, people surviviving in hotter climates, generally have higher levels of melanin

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Portuguese and Spaniards have more melanin in their skin as many Mediterraninan people do (Italians, Greeks, etc). so in general, they have darker complexions. the Spaniards and Portuguese are not considered latino though. Spain conquered the Mayans and Aztec kingdoms and infused their genetics into what are today's Mexicans, but it is really the South American Race that qualifies the Mexicans as Latino. Again, I may be wrong.
    Yes. You are wrong.

Latino - from the language of Latin - Rome. Latin is the base language of English, Spanish and French.

The indgenous natives of the South American continent are indian.
    The Spanish who came from Europe are hispanic-latino from the mediteranean area.

The blend of Europeans and Indios is mestizo... and many Mexican Nationals are mestizo. A lot of the wealthy Mexicans proudly trace their Latin blood lines to Spain... and some are blue eyed blondes. They look down their noses at the mixed race Mestizos and the indios. Add in some blacks from the african slave trade... Mexico is often called the "bronze" nation.

As far as the African continent... there are over 50 countries on it.
    Divide it into two parts. There is a HUGE Sahara Desert in a broad band across the upper middle of the continent. Sub-saharan Africa (south of the Sahara) is made up of indigenous people with very dark skin. Northern Africa has a melange of races influenced by centuries of Mediteranean cultures. Greece, Egypt, Rome, the barabarian hordes, teh Arab conquest by Mohomad, clear back to the Carthaginians. You see... they are on the southern part of the Mediteranean.... yet seperated from the southern half of the continent by the huge desert.

Many countries in Africa were colonized by European powers... so add in many Caucasion people throughout... often in the more developed regions. South Africa is an example of the colonization and it's effect.

More than you ever wanted to know... just off the top of my head.
    Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 12-27-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

All that happened because we beat the Texans? Wow, who would have thought.
    Merry.

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Wait. Is Tebow a Latino? What about Moreno? This is so confusing.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Wait. Is Tebow a Latino? What about Moreno? This is so confusing.
    Tebow is a stud and Moreno is a goner.
    Merry.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information