Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Q&A: At last, Broncos admit they have problems

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The article is right and wrong.

He's right that now we are in shambles and at an alltime low. But he's wrong when he says it started in 06'. In 06' is when the team decided it was going to start rebuilding and start getting young players in to create a dynasty again. Getting Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, Royal, etc was the start of rebuilding. But because Shanny had waited so long to do it that way Bowlen fired him. Then, when McD came in he stripped it all down setting the franchise farther back than it was or needed to be. Had he had the patience to start building up the defense like it should of been and had he had the social skill to deal with players and cordinators alike he would of already had this franchise back on course. Now, whoever comes in is going to have to work on all of it again to right the ship.

could have been a playoff team by now with that group and not a bottom feeder.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    could have been a playoff team by now with that group and not a bottom feeder.
    I think you are right, but we will never know and who knows how long it is going to take to climb out of this hole McDaniels dug.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

4. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Broncos admit breathing air is 76% nitrogen.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

We will find out during the off season what is going to happen. If we are winning next year all will be good, if not then back to the drawing board again.

I hope it gets on the right track this year.
    Merry.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The article is right and wrong.

He's right that now we are in shambles and at an alltime low. But he's wrong when he says it started in 06'. In 06' is when the team decided it was going to start rebuilding and start getting young players in to create a dynasty again. Getting Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, Royal, etc was the start of rebuilding. But because Shanny had waited so long to do it that way Bowlen fired him. Then, when McD came in he stripped it all down setting the franchise farther back than it was or needed to be. Had he had the patience to start building up the defense like it should of been and had he had the social skill to deal with players and cordinators alike he would of already had this franchise back on course. Now, whoever comes in is going to have to work on all of it again to right the ship.
    I take exception to your thinking. Other than losing jay and replacing hamilton mid stream the offense was the same as 08.

IIRC Josh took a top DE in the draft who converted to olb in the 3-4 Ayers seems to be a very bright spot. He also drafted to Renew an aging secondary jury still out o safeties.

As for losing bm,ts "the rest" of that talent bm had a record year but was a diva doing it and wanted a huge contract even with a Goodell 8 week suspension hanging over his head with his next police report. As for ts he can't/wouldn't block at LOS. Hillis no one knows for sure he would not have been in the plans in 10 had quinn not have been made available.

He made the same "shoring up" moves for the DLINE that mike had before to buy time in developing young talent already on the team. Baker was one of the last cuts and thomas seems to becoming a force on the Dline. So I'm not all that sure had Doom played and ayers/dawkins/goodman had not missed 5 or so games each I tend to believe that this would have been a different turn out this year.

So to sum it up.
    Josh did not gut this team in 09 except for the rotten to the core defense he inheirted.

I believe it is debateable that jay had as much if not more to do with his departure as Josh did.

I believe everyone agrees that we could not have resigned Doom, jay, bm, kuper, clady,Champ and ts and remotely stayed under the cap. So one or more would have lost anyway. Does anyone have valid objections to that premise?

I know that everyone was pissed about how this year turned out.

Some have been since/because mikey was fired.

Some because Josh instead of spags.

Some because he came from hated NE.

Some because he scrapped the zbs.

Some because of jay
    Bm
    Ts
    Hillis
    He smacked his lips in pressers.
    He is short
    Yada yada yada.
    I liked his fiery style. Sorry to see him gone. But understand why Pat did it.
    Time to move on for all of us.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information