Thread: Rob Ryan Contacted by Broncos?

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Step 1 - Elway replaces Ellis
    Step 2 - Hire a GM
    Step 3 - Hire a coach

We are still at step 1.
    Can we not forget to comply with the "Rooney Rule"..we already need every draft pick...

Someone call in Rivera, Lets give Singletary a interview.....just to cove our bases

Quote Originally Posted by Juriga72 View Post
    Can we not forget to comply with the "Rooney Rule"..we already need every draft pick...

Someone call in Rivera, Lets give Singletary a interview.....just to cove our bases
    I hear singletary is on the hot seat in SF, he's someone i wouldnt mind bringing in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Step 1 - Elway replaces Ellis
    Step 2 - Hire a GM
    Step 3 - Hire a coach

We are still at step 1.
    ain't happenin' big guy. . .

try "keep ellis, hire elway in some figurehead role to placate us morons, and xanders is still the GM"-- not that i like it ANY more than you do, but from here it sure looks exactly like what's happening. . .

notice we keep hearing about coaches they're looking at? i'm sure not hearing anything about us considering any GM candidates-- looks to me like the "GM" is already on the payroll. . . bowlen sold us out again with lies about doing it right this time. . . the writing was on the wall when xanders publicly distanced himself from mcdaniels and the organization stood mute. . . this shit is going down. . . wormtongue ellis has successfully made JMFMCD the scapegoat, and managed to insulate his own power position more securely in the process. . . if/when the new regime fails, ol' joe already has his next goat lined up-- "GM" xanders. . .

short of elway actually throwing wormtongue out on his ass, all we can hope for is getting a coach who's strong enough to push for what he wants and smart enough to make something out of this mess. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Did you forget about Studesville?

It would seem to me the Rooney Rule could be satisfied in a matter of minutes . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

6. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

I dunno, but this whole foot fetish thing with Rex Ryan is utterly bizarre...wtf, dont people in the public eye have any sense??? In the presser, thay asked him and rex did NOT deny it...
    His wife Michelle posted foot fetish videos on youtube with rexs voice...what were they thinking????

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

This is obviously Ryans wife..she has done a whole series of foot fetish videos...oh well, thats fine, but to be so public about it is a little strange
    http://deadspin.com/5715741/this-may...yline=true&s=i

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

if he can get our defense below 20 PPG allowed, i don't care if he screws sheep. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

no....cause then we'll have FOOTGATE PART 2!
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Did you forget about Studesville?

It would seem to me the Rooney Rule could be satisfied in a matter of minutes . . .

-----
    Even Goodell would be like...."No..he does not count, nice try tho."

I would laugh greatly at even giving him a job interview, even Pat has been conscious these last two games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Interview Tony Dungy...doesnt he love Tebow?...that will keep the commissioner off our back

15. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Interview Tony Dungy...doesnt he love Tebow?...that will keep the commissioner off our back
    You think Tony could put in a word with Peyton?........ "Hey... Peyton.... That Indy thing is well... done, try coming out here to the fresh air of Colorado"

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

I would laugh greatly at even giving him a job interview, even Pat has been conscious these last two games.
    Ummm......I kinda think Goodell wouldn't be able to say a thing. He shouldn't and doesn't have any control over who a team deems worthy of being interviewed for a coaching position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

I don't buy it. I don't think they will look for coaches until they hire a GM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No, there isn't a thing Goodell could say. And of course Pat is going to give him a courtesy interview. It's standard procedure for interim coaches and it satisfies the Rooney Rule. Why wouldn't he?

Pretty sure any contact is a tampering violation. There is a time frame for talking to Coordinators right after their season is over or before their bye week before their playoff game and then you still need premission to talk to them if they are under contract.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information