View Poll Results: If you could take back ONE McDaniels decision, which would it be?

Voters
84. This poll is closed
  • The Cutler Trade

31 36.90%
  • The Marshall Trade

0 0%
  • The Scheffler Trade

0 0%
  • The Hillis Trade

26 30.95%
  • The Alphonso Smith Draft pick

6 7.14%
  • Drafting Knowshon at 12 over Orakpo or someone else

9 10.71%
  • Allowing Nolan to leave (forcing him out)

10 11.90%
  • Allowing Turner and Dennison to leave (forcing them out)

1 1.19%
  • Drafting Tebow

0 0%
  • Spygate II

1 1.19%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could take back just one thing...

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Default If you could take back just one thing...

of the McDaniels' era, what would it be? Please explain your decision.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 12-21-2010 at 08:53 AM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

2. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Hiring McD.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

it would be the dvd of 10,000 BC I bought for my step dad. Not only is it a so so movie but he's already got it.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

not big on him in some ways, but probably cutty under the right coach. Hillis and BM are more replaceable imo

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Watching Jay last night with that craptastic set of recievers...man. How nice would have it been to draft..DEFENSE ..

I really hate Mcdummy

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Juriga72 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I guess it would be between the Hillis trade and Nolan going, but I chose Hillis!

11. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I had to go with the Nolan thing. He was the first real DC we've had in a decade and actually was on the right track to make a our defense respectable again. Shit, look what he's done with a bunch of nobodies in Miami this year. Cameron Wake is the new Elvis Dumervil. With a few more years of work and a couple defense oriented drafts, we could've rivaled the Jets or Ravens.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Cutler. We would be a competitive team with Cutler behind center. We would have been able to focus more on the defense, rather than bringing in guys like Tebow and Quinn to replace Orton. Granted, we would have had less draft picks, but with only one in 2010, presumably, McD wouldn't have wasted one on Smith. Hard to say with only one, if we would have wound up with Moreno, Orakpo or Ayers.

Regardless, his baggage aside, Cutler is damn good QB and would have actually given McDaniels offense a chance to win. Ironically, McDaniels would almost certainly be the HC in 2011 if he hadn't fired Cutler.

15. The Following 11 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

If not hiring him in the first place, the Cutler trade. It all started and went down from there.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

The dismantling started when Mcd got rid of Mike Leach. That was the first sign of the disaster that was to come. Then the Cutler fiasco took place. Cutlers team just won their division and he had a big part in that. So I vote for the Cutler trade. I remember how we all hoped maybe Orton was going to be better than Cutler. LOL

19. The Following 6 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I had to go with the Nolan thing. He was the first real DC we've had in a decade and actually was on the right track to make a our defense respectable again. Shit, look what he's done with a bunch of nobodies in Miami this year. Cameron Wake is the new Elvis Dumervil. With a few more years of work and a couple defense oriented drafts, we could've rivaled the Jets or Ravens.
    I agree! Nolan with the defense (he did prove his worth in Miami) and Hillis with the run game, perhaps this could of been a different team!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Cutler. We would be a competitive team with Cutler behind center. We would have been able to focus more on the defense, rather than bringing in guys like Tebow and Quinn to replace Orton. Granted, we would have had less draft picks, but with only one in 2010, presumably, McD wouldn't have wasted one on Smith. Hard to say with only one, if we would have wound up with Moreno, Orakpo or Ayers.

Regardless, his baggage aside, Cutler is damn good QB and would have actually given McDaniels offense a chance to win. Ironically, McDaniels would almost certainly be the HC in 2011 if he hadn't fired Cutler.
    Pretty much my thinking as well. Cutler was basically where it all started and Nolan was the final straw. But any HC with any idea what they were doing would of come in and seen what the real issue was on the team yet we know the final result.

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Waiting till now to start Tebow

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Jagsbch View Post
    Waiting till now to start Tebow
    Since he's been fired I assume you mean "not starting Tebow while he was here".

25. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

It start with Cutler and goes down hill from there. The trade of Cutler required Denver to revamp the offense and pull resources away for the defense.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

27. The Following 5 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information