Poll: Biggest Draft Needs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Draft Targets

Default 2011 Draft Targets

What do you guys feel is our biggest need for the upcoming season...
    1. Nose Tackle
    2. Defensive End
    3. Safety
    4. Cornerback
    5. Speedy Running Back
    6. Middle LB
    7. Tight End
    8. O-Line

I think our biggest need is a threat on the D-Line then Safety and then a pass catching Tight End

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Fairly for the win.

3. The Following 7 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

defensive line
    1st: Nick Fairley, RDE
    1st (traded up with 2 2nds): Stephen Paea, NT
    2nd (Orton): J.J. Watt, LDE
    3rd: Ahmad Black, SS
    6th: Armando Allen, RB
    6th: Devon Torrence, CB

5. The Following User High Fived Jake Klug For This Post:

There's going to be a few good TE's in FA this year so pass on one rounds 1-6.

Our primary need is NT if we stick with the 3-4 and with the rookie cap possibly in place I don't care if we are picking 1,2,3,4 or 5 we just need to get the best DT available. Look what Suh has done already in Detriot. We need that monster in the middle in round 1.

I think we talk Bailey into staying with a 4 year deal and if somehow Cox is found not guilty then we will be fine at CB. Our LB's are our strength but we might want to add an ILB in round 4.

If we notch a DE or NT in FA then I guess I would be ok with TE Rudolph out of Notre Dame in round 2.

This is all fun to talk about but we really won't have the slightest clue until we bring in the proper coaches/cordinators/GM's. They could switch everything over to the Tampa 2 for all we know.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

7. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

I agree that we can pick up a very good Tight End through Free Agency or the later rounds of the draft.

I do feel that we need to go with D Line with the first pick and then hopefully Safety to follow (Dawkins and Hill are going downhill each year and McBath can't stay healthy).

For some reason I have a feeling that Tebow will rely heavily on tightends early on in his career so it would be nice to get a good catching tight end to help him out next year

9. The Following User High Fived Montana Battlin Bear For This Post:

FYI, here's a list of TE's that will test the market this offseason. This is by far one of the biggest class of pass catching TE's in a long time.

Zach Miller, Vernon Davis or even Kellon Winslow anyone? I really don't think we need to burn a draft pick here. Let's just find Tebow a security blanket on this list. I know many of these guys could be franchised but who knows...

Pos Player Name FA Status Previous Team Current Team
    TE Kevin Boss UFA New York Giants Free Agent
    TE Brent Celek Re-signed Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Eagles
    TE Owen Daniels UFA Houston Texans Free Agent
    TE Vernon Davis UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent
    TE John Gilmore UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
    TE Dan Gronkowski UFA Denver Broncos Free Agent
    TE Marcedes Lewis UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
    TE Randy McMichael UFA San Diego Chargers Free Agent
    TE Zach Miller UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
    TE Dante Rosario UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent
    TE Bo Scaife UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
    TE Stephen Spach UFA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent
    TE Jerramy Stevens UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
    TE Ernest Wilford UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
    TE Kellen Winslow UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...#ixzz18iEavxR5
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lets trade Knowshon for Hernandez.

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Yeah, the TE IS the missing piece on our offense.

Taking an experienced one in free agency makes sense...
    and apparantly Tebow's game in College relied heavily on the TE...

but if there are so many good ones on the free agent market...
    stay with drafting Defense.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Sign free agent D-line AND draft also. SOMEONE who understands NFL football.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/dl.html

WHAT a list... IF the new CBA is done, we can get some serious help thru FA... Did anyone see Julius Peppers last night? I would KILL a Raiders fan to get him here.
    Last edited by Juriga72; 12-21-2010 at 08:36 AM.

It would be really nice to have Winslow or Vernon Davis. But even a guy like Owen Daniels would be a big step up, and with Kubiak fired the Texans may not re-sign him.

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    It would be really nice to have Winslow or Vernon Davis. But even a guy like Owen Daniels would be a big step up, and with Kubiak fired the Texans may not re-sign him.
    I still think 75-80% of the offseason should go into the D....there are some serious D-linemen out there looking for work next year.

My God, this board is getting intelligent. (29 out of 32 voted d-line) Nice work.

But Sturdivant in the 2nd (LB) is a big piece of the puzzle too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

clearly, D-line is by far and away the biggest need, and has been for many years. . . i won't distinguish between nosetackle and five-technique, we're desperate for help at both spots. . .

i will say that end should be the top target simply because there doesn't look to be a true NT projected in the first round of this year's draft, while there will be several blue chips five-tech prospects. . . realistically, we need to add a NT in free agency (paul soliai, aubrayo franklin or shaun rogers), and a developmental stud that can be brought along slowly (jerrel powe, phil taylor, maybe stephen paea if he bulks up a bit). . .

IMO, we need to at least double dip-- preferrably triple. . . one guy ain't gonna do it, at all. . . it wouldn't be overboard to add a solid FA nosetackle and STILL draft 2-3 DLs. . . we're that far behind, and they take time to develop-- why not just knock it out this year and be done with it?

we've ignored it so long, i'm 100% cool with ignoring any other position for a year and just focusing on rebuilding the line for real. . . i'll take one of the aforementione FA NTs, and still be more than happy with fairley/dareus in the first, paea if he's there in the second, and powe or taylor in the third-- or whatever, depending on who's available where. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

20. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    clearly, D-line is by far and away the biggest need, and has been for many years. . . i won't distinguish between nosetackle and five-technique, we're desperate for help at both spots. . .

i will say that end should be the top target simply because there doesn't look to be a true NT projected in the first round of this year's draft, while there will be several blue chips five-tech prospects. . . realistically, we need to add a NT in free agency (paul soliai, aubrayo franklin or shaun rogers), and a developmental stud that can be brought along slowly (jerrel powe, phil taylor, maybe stephen paea if he bulks up a bit). . .

IMO, we need to at least double dip-- preferrably triple. . . one guy ain't gonna do it, at all. . . it wouldn't be overboard to add a solid FA nosetackle and STILL draft 2-3 DLs. . . we're that far behind, and they take time to develop-- why not just knock it out this year and be done with it?

we've ignored it so long, i'm 100% cool with ignoring any other position for a year and just focusing on rebuilding the line for real. . . i'll take one of the aforementione FA NTs, and still be more than happy with fairley/dareus in the first, paea if he's there in the second, and powe or taylor in the third-- or whatever, depending on who's available where. . .
    IMHO, the first three picks should be aimed at the front seven, especially the front three. Seems like we are good at OLB with Ayers and Doom but need an ass kicker at ILB. The Broncos' other needs (CB, receiving TE, FB/RB) can be addressed in later rounds.
    Last edited by LTC Pain; 12-21-2010 at 03:43 PM.

I would use our top draft pick for somewhere on the defensive line, whether it be at tackle or end and our second round pick on a cornerback, which this draft is deep in, this draft should almost be exclusively for the defensive side of the ball, we are not getting any younger and at this point signing more veteran free agents may not be very beneficfial, however we could use free agency to take care of things offensively at tight end and possibly runningback.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information