Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Xanders:McDaniels had the final say on all roster matters.

Default Xanders:McDaniels had the final say on all roster matters.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

"Denver Broncos general manager Brian Xanders was Josh McDaniels' right-hand man, yet had his hands tied when it came to personnel decisions.

The Broncos clearly don't hold Xanders accountable for all the personnel moves that McDaniels made, many of which backfired and resulted in the team's worst slide in almost 40 years.

"We have a 17-person personnel staff that had been going through all those processes. But he had final say," Xanders said. "I'll just say I was respectful of the organizational setup."

Pretty much sums up how McFired single handedly destroyed this organization all by himself.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

2. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

I know. So much for those fans that were claiming that McDaniels couldn't be blamed for bad roster moves, because Xanders had equal or final say.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

This is why I will reserve judgment on the organization holding onto Xander until I am able to judge him on his own merits. From what I have read from those in the Falcons organization and those who have seen his work outside of being a GM puppet here have been favorable.

He held a title, but not the real position. Just like our entire scouting department. They put their words in, but if they weren't in line with what McD wanted, he threw it out the window.

Single handedly. How many people does it take to dismantle a once proud football franchise?

hmmm, let's find out....

uh one: owner...check
    uh two: stupid freaking ELLIS...check
    uh three: Napoleon Sucktitude...err I mean McDouche...check

THREE.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Pretty much sums up how McFired single handedly destroyed this organization all by himself.
    It also doesn't speak much of anything for the intelliegnce level of the ownership in this organziation either.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Sorry - I don't give him a pass.

1. McD was his meal ticket to the big time so i doubt he fought too hard
    2. He was still responsible for setting up the deals and scouting
    3. A visonary tough as nails GM (think that DB in San Diego) is not going to pass the buck to the next guy.. as he did the first time a microphone was stuck in face.
    4. Even without final say he was still complicit to the A bomb in the org.

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post

3. A visonary tough as nails GM (think that DB in San Diego) is not going to pass the buck to the next guy.. as he did the first time a microphone was stuck in face.
    I posted months ago, based on what the beat reporters said, that McDaniels basically had the same power as Shanahan.

It's hard to blame a guy for moves when he had not control to stop them.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

DON'T BUY THIS SHIT, PEOPLE!!

it's a transparent attempt to deflect blame from xanders. . . i don't care if he had final say or not, he was the right hand man for the worst stretch of broncos football in forty years, don't give him a ****ing promotion, FFS! this is joe ellis making his power play-- wormtongue whispering in pat's ear to keep his stooge in place rather than bringing in someone who knows what they're doing. . .

ellis loses influence if we hire a strong personnel executive from outside the franchise-- this is his attempt to stay in charge by getting his lackey promoted. . . then they can hire some stooge of a coach like jim fossil, and when he fails ellis can scapegoat not only the next coach, but xanders as well if he needs to. . . and here's your new guy-- same as the old guy, and we end up with another two or three years of the same incompetence. . .

i understand it's probably going to happen whether we like it or not, but at least don't swallow their bullshit excuses and act like xanders is suddenly a strong personnel guy instead of another bean counter and the personal stooge of joe ellis. . . firing mcdaniels didn't suddenly make the rest of the stiffs more competent. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post

thank you. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

16. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

it's a transparent attempt to deflect blame from xanders. . . i don't care if he had final say or not, he was the right hand man for the worst stretch of broncos football in forty years, don't give him a ****ing promotion, FFS! this is joe ellis making his power play-- wormtongue whispering in pat's ear to keep his stooge in place rather than bringing in someone who knows what they're doing. . .

ellis loses influence if we hire a strong personnel executive from outside the franchise-- this is his attempt to stay in charge by getting his lackey promoted. . . then they can hire some stooge of a coach like jim fossil, and when he fails ellis can scapegoat not only the next coach, but xanders as well if he needs to. . . and here's your new guy-- same as the old guy, and we end up with another two or three years of the same incompetence. . .

i understand it's probably going to happen whether we like it or not, but at least don't swallow their bullshit excuses and act like xanders is suddenly a strong personnel guy instead of another bean counter and the personal stooge of joe ellis. . . firing mcdaniels didn't suddenly make the rest of the stiffs more competent. . .
    Yikes! Someone's passionate... I'll have what he's having!

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

18. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I posted months ago, based on what the beat reporters said, that McDaniels basically had the same power as Shanahan.

It's hard to blame a guy for moves when he had not control to stop them.
    I find it it extremely easy actually..

complicity [kəmˈplɪsɪtɪ]
    n pl -ties
    1. the fact or condition of being an accomplice, esp in a criminal act

and he if he could not stop them or deter or whatever - than IMO he is has no business being a GM of a multi-billion company.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Yikes! Someone's passionate... I'll have what he's having!
    man, it just makes me sick in my guts to see them pull the wool over people's eyes and know that the same clowns that ran the organization into the ground are going to maintain control-- firing mcdaniels isn't a fart in the wind if the guys that hired him get ****in' promoted. . .

this whole "xanders is a really good guy, you should love xanders" campaign is just the groundwork as ellis prepares to buttsurf the franchise yet again, and i absolutely detest it. . . we need some gat damn football people in here, not the same clueless bean counters that ran the ship on the rocks in the first place. . . i'm going to be beyond disgusted if people accept xanders as our "new" executive. . .
    - John Elway

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Noah Fant

Yeah, it would surely appear to be house cleaning time.

I love your opinions Dog but have to dissagree with this one.

I don't think Xanders would come out and say this publicly if it wasn't true. If he was lying, it would jeopardize his job security. I do think his hands were tied and Napolian made sure his own opinion was the final say. IMO, if Xanders would have bucked McFired, he would got the axe himself just like the rest of the players/coach's got the axe.
    That said, it wouldn't bother me if Xanders is gone. This is more about McFired than it is Xanders.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:

toad, i don't doubt that mcdaniels did in fact have final say-- but that doesn't do anything to make xanders more competent. . . he needs to take some blame too, not come out of this smelling like a rose. . . i'm fine with the guy being retained in his current bean keeper role-- i just don't want him handed the keys to the franchise, which is what they're greasing the skids for here. . .
    - John Elway

26. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

toad, i don't doubt that mcdaniels did in fact have final say-- but that doesn't do anything to make xanders more competent. . . he needs to take some blame too, not come out of this smelling like a rose. . . i'm fine with the guy being retained in his current bean keeper role-- i just don't want him handed the keys to the franchise, which is what they're greasing the skids for here. . .
    Exactly. I believe 100% that McD had the final say on things but that just makes Xanders a sheeple and when your a GM there is no place for that. That just spells trouble and Xanders is guilty of being a yes man which makes him just as guilty. The fact that Bowlen and Ellis allowed this makes them guilty too.

28. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information