Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Xanders:McDaniels had the final say on all roster matters.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    sorry folks dont buy it here....jim goodman probally wishes he was a yes man at the time....he would have been employed still......and then we could be looking at him as GM right now.....
    Goodman > Xanders

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    then by all means promote the weak ass yes man with no balls and no say into Captain Unicorn Pixie Dust Sprinkler - since GM really doesn't mean anything.
    This post makes absolutely no sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    This post makes absolutely no sense.
    have you not not been making a case that -

1. GM title in Denver means nothing?

2. Xander should not be held acountable for anything that went down under McD?

yes or no?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post

Like Elevation said...until Ellis is gone, we're in for the same amount of bullshit.
    no doubt. . .

:yardog:
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

have you not not been making a case that -

1. GM title in Denver means nothing?

2. Xander should not be held acountable for anything that went down under McD?

yes or no?
    I haven't said anything about the GM "title". I have talked about the facts as we know them, rather than the emotional outbursts, revisions and WATs (wild ass theories).

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I haven't said anything about the GM "title". I have talked about the facts as we know them, rather than the emotional outbursts, revisions and WATs (wild ass theories).
    Im not sure there are any wild ass theories. Xanadu admits that he was basically a yes man to McD's final decision. Regardless of the power that was granted to him as a GM your expected to act like one. When you dont bother to even challenge the decisions that the HC makes it means your easily as culpable as the two guys who put you in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im not sure there are any wild ass theories. Xanadu admits that he was basically a yes man to McD's final decision. Regardless of the power that was granted to him as a GM your expected to act like one. When you dont bother to even challenge the decisions that the HC makes it means your easily as culpable as the two guys who put you in that position.
    Come on, that's ridiculous. First, we don't know if he "didn't even challenge" McDaniels. McDaniels had final say, just like Shanahan did. As was stated last week, in a couple cases McDaniels made moves without even consulting or telling Xanders.

As to the wild ass theories, they are people 'guessing' as to who is or was making decisions in Denver. Once again, the incorrect "Ellis hired McDaniels" statement was thrown out. Someone says that Ellis gave McDaniels the "full power". There is zero evidence about this. While he may be lying, the only 'fact' we have is that in the press conference with Ellis he said that Bowlen gave McDaniels the power, because he had ALWAYS, in his 27 years in Denver, given his head coach that level of control.

I'm sorry, I abhor revisionist history or stating opinion and theory as fact. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE discussing and debating, which is large part is just tossing opinions around, but when we revise history and ignore facts and try and pass off theories as facts, I don't buy in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Xanders has the GM title and that's what the discussion was about - wether or not he should stay or become the "real GM". you responded to my posts - with recolections of a beat writer comments - hardly facts.. but whatever.

and i was trying to be funny with the discussion -hardly an emotional outburst - I don't take this stuff that seriosly. or were you just trying to embarass an oposing viewpoint.

screw it it. what was a good debate and discussion now has turned into name calling..

Xanders has the GM title and that's what the discussion was about - wether or not he should stay or become the "real GM". you responded to my posts - with recolections of a beat writer comments - hardly facts.. but whatever.

and i was trying to be funny with the discussion -hardly an emotional outburst - I don't take this stuff that seriosly. or were you just trying to embarass an oposing viewpoint.

screw it it. what was a good debate and discussion now has turned into name calling..
    The only facts we have are the people in Dove Valley every day stating that McDaniels had the same type of power as Shanahan. That Xanders could give input to McDaniels, but McDaniels had final say.

Ellis confirmed that in the press conference and interviews.
    Xander confirmed that in the interview.

Now, I think that was a really bad mistake by Ellis and Bowlen and something Bowlen said he wasn't going to do after firing Shanahan. However, it makes no sense for blaming a guy (Xanders) for not stopping player moves he had not authority to stop. That makes zero sense.

As to the "title" of GM, that's a game of semantics, and I am not interested in playing.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Goodman > Xanders
    i dont disagree here at all with goodman being better than xanders...MCD getting rid of jim goodman go was probally the stupidest thing he did in his tenure....and he did it becasue goodman didnt like the whole cutler thing and wasnt a yes man, but even someone cool and bad ass like goodman can get fired when his hands are tired, MCD proved he would do it.....why fault Xanders for keeping his mouth shut, when goodman got the axe and he was the whole reason we even had good draft choices the last few years...no xanders did what any smart person in that role does....SURVIVE!!!!
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

12. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    i dont disagree here at all with goodman being better than xanders...MCD getting rid of jim goodman go was probally the stupidest thing he did in his tenure....and he did it becasue goodman didnt like the whole cutler thing and wasnt a yes man, but even someone cool and bad ass like goodman can get fired when his hands are tired, MCD proved he would do it.....why fault Xanders for keeping his mouth shut, when goodman got the axe and he was the whole reason we even had good draft choices the last few years...no xanders did what any smart person in that role does....SURVIVE!!!!
    And thats where you and i disagree i guess.

I have the utmost respect for Goodman BECAUSE he wasnt a yes man. Because he actually had the balls to stand up to something he didnt believe and also not what he signed up for when doing his duties with the Broncos. When you do something just to survive with a team instead of actually performing the job duties that are expected than your no good to that team. Sure, losing Goodman and Nolan sucks ass but i totally respect them for not budging on their ethics and their responsibilities in their respective positions. You have to remember, thats their reputation on the line.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

I have the utmost respect for Goodman BECAUSE he wasnt a yes man. Because he actually had the balls to stand up to something he didnt believe and also not what he signed up for when doing his duties with the Broncos. When you do something just to survive with a team instead of actually performing the job duties that are expected than your no good to that team. Sure, losing Goodman and Nolan sucks ass but i totally respect them for not budging on their ethics and their responsibilities in their respective positions. You have to remember, thats their reputation on the line.
    Ahhhh, but...... we have no idea what Xanders responsibilies were.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Exactly. The best we can tell, the Goodmans were fired because of disagreements between McDaniels on player moves. At that point, all indications (beat writers, Ellis, Xanders) are that McDaniels was given full control of player moves, and Xanders was moved into a contract/cap role, and to provide input to McDaniels.

Based on that, why, pray tell, would he be attacked for doing the job that Bowlen/Ellis gave him?

17. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

like i said i love goodman and losing him was shitty, but just becasue xanders didnt say f'u to MCd doesnt mean he cant do the job either, no one has any clue if he can or not including you and me...good or bad...it simply means he probally didnt know what the F had just come to dove valley but he wanted to stay with denver so he wasnt gonna risk getting fired by telling a napolen complex freak to piss off....lol
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post

He was the GM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information