Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: internet radio

Default internet radio

check out this site:

www.pandora.com

it allows you to listen to stations for free where you type in an artist and it will play them and artists similar to them. if you sign up (still free) then you can save artist stations and create mixes of artists. it has a pretty good number of songs and you shouldn't hear too many repeats unless you listen to it a lot.

sorry, this is like a commercial, but it's a cool site and a good service, and i know most of us here are at our computers a lot and can get tired of the same old music.

(i also realize this could go in music, but then no one would see it!)

any other good internet radio sites?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

At work I have a Mac, so ITunes works pretty good for radio stations, and there are a ton with absolutely no commercials, plus, if I don't want to listen to music, they ESPN radio.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

I've used this for a little while, on and off. I've heard some pretty cool bands there, a lot of garage and indie, but if I want to listen to my standbys, I'm hitting up Itunes or Windows Media Player.

Good site if you're in a music drought. Really intuitive stuff, the "music genome project".
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

5. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    At work I have a Mac, so ITunes works pretty good for radio stations, and there are a ton with absolutely no commercials, plus, if I don't want to listen to music, they ESPN radio.
    espn would be pretty nice. i used to listen to internet radio at work that was pretty good (party radio punk station) but then the laws changed or something about free radio and it really went down hill.

my brother in law told me about pandora and it's pretty cool. i used to have xm in my truck which was great cause i learned about a lot of new artists.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    espn would be pretty nice. i used to listen to internet radio at work that was pretty good (party radio punk station) but then the laws changed or something about free radio and it really went down hill.

my brother in law told me about pandora and it's pretty cool. i used to have xm in my truck which was great cause i learned about a lot of new artists.
    Well, the ESPN streaming doesn't always work straight from their site on a Mac...so having their feed on iTunes is a godsend for me...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

does nfl network have a radio stream at all?

Funny that you bring this up as I was talking to my brother
    tonight and he told me about this site.

So far so good.I havent really gotten into checking it out too much.
    I will later tho.

Quote Originally Posted by KCLady View Post
    Funny that you bring this up as I was talking to my brother
    tonight and he told me about this site.

So far so good.I havent really gotten into checking it out too much.
    I will later tho.
    i like it a lot. it does a good job of filtering music that is pretty similar to your selected artist. the only exception is when i listen to mad caddies or streetlight manifesto (ska) and they keep playing dropkick murphys (really have to be in the mood for those guys) and brian setzer (and other big band stuff, which i hate).

it's nice cause you can give thumbs up or down to music and it will adjust the frequency it shows up over time, and you can skip tracks that you don't want to hear.

11. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

I was going to start a thread on this I got it for my Blackberry a few weeks ago.. I had tried a couple of others but did not have the music I liked..

Have passed it on to my daughter and wife who have both created their own stations..

I have mainly oldies beach boys, rat pack and big band..

My wife went for Billie Holiday and did a jazz station..

I love that you can add a delete on the black berry and really add via going on line..

Currently is is playing a Everly Brothers song I have not heard in 50 years.. when from that to Rocket man by Elton john.. what a mix..

my only thing I do not like about it being able to save the songs to us on my Ipod.. when I'm on a plane at 35K feet..

If anyone knows of a way to capture for IPOD use let me know..

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i thought pandora was a really cool idea for about ten minutes, but it fails badly at finding similar music to most of what i put in. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i thought pandora was a really cool idea for about ten minutes, but it fails badly at finding similar music to most of what i put in. . . .
    You must be weird , because it works beyond my wildest dreams..

16. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    You must be weird ,

what, you just noticed?

or maybe it's just that my musical tastes extend beyond the 1950's. . . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    what, you just noticed?

or maybe it's just that my musical tastes extend beyond the 1950's. . . .

so who do you like? because there is nothing I have not been able to find while looking..

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    so who do you like? because there is nothing I have not been able to find while looking..
    it's been a while, but i think i created stations for the pixies, a few reggae artists, and a few electronic artists. . . .
    - John Elway

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

We believe that you are in Mexico (your IP address appears to be...). If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please contact us at pandora-support@pandora.com
    Well that sucks.

21. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information