Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Server crashed last night -- anyone having problems today?

Default Server crashed last night -- anyone having problems today?

Hey guys, last night/early this morning the server locked up, around 1:00 AM CST.

He had to be hard rebooted (pulling power) and when it came up there were database errors when people were trying to post, or doing other things on BF. The error we were getting is typically related to database files being opened during an improper shutdown of MySQL. I had the support company run a repair on all DB tables (we had the errors on three of them) and since then I have seen no more errors logged.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone has seen a problem after everything go resolved about about 2:00 am CST or so.

Thanks

T

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I havent had any issues that i know of.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

my business is really slow
    my son had a flat tire when he got up to go to school
    i just can't seem to get in the "holiday spirit"
    so yeah....i am having problems today
    but the site is working fine

5. The Following User High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

RapidLash just had a popover ad with sound.

Scratch that.....it's a "roll over to learn more" thing but when it's a banner ad, it's kind of hard to miss. That's highly annoying.

And the site freaked out on me, trying to save a file every time I tried to click things, but that may be related to my end. I'm browsing from MS Server 2008 right now and it's not exactly configured for optimal web browsing.

Happened about 3 minutes ago. I closed Firefox, and relogged in and everything seems to be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

i'm pretty hungover. there's a small chance that it's unrelated, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

8. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

The background's blue.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    RapidLash just had a popover ad with sound.

Scratch that.....it's a "roll over to learn more" thing but when it's a banner ad, it's kind of hard to miss. That's highly annoying.

And the site freaked out on me, trying to save a file every time I tried to click things, but that may be related to my end. I'm browsing from MS Server 2008 right now and it's not exactly configured for optimal web browsing.

Happened about 3 minutes ago. I closed Firefox, and relogged in and everything seems to be fine.
    The expanding ad thing I've seen before for months. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do to prevent it. I have us limited to no popups, but even then there have been a few survey popups. The kicker is that if I put my foot down (which I tried), then I will lose some MAJOR ad campaigns (Toyota, Pizza Hut, and several other from major companies) because that was all part of one campaign. I'm only above break even during the season, so if I kicked that ad company out (the big companies -- sportsline, GM, Toyota, Pizzahut, head and shoulders, etc.) then I might not even be break even in season.

On the save file thing. I've seen that happen on one of my sites at work, but can't remember how/why. I'll research that and try and figure out if that is typically a server or client thing. Better to know in case it is a server thing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

When I logged on this morning, everything was fine, and then when I hit submit reply on a new post, I got the message server not found - happened a couple of times, but then cleared up, and nothing since.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    When I logged on this morning, everything was fine, and then when I hit submit reply on a new post, I got the message server not found - happened a couple of times, but then cleared up, and nothing since.
    What time was that (roughly), I might be able to find something in the server logs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The expanding ad thing I've seen before for months. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do to prevent it. I have us limited to no popups, but even then there have been a few survey popups. The kicker is that if I put my foot down (which I tried), then I will lose some MAJOR ad campaigns (Toyota, Pizza Hut, and several other from major companies) because that was all part of one campaign. I'm only above break even during the season, so if I kicked that ad company out (the big companies -- sportsline, GM, Toyota, Pizzahut, head and shoulders, etc.) then I might not even be break even in season.

On the save file thing. I've seen that happen on one of my sites at work, but can't remember how/why. I'll research that and try and figure out if that is typically a server or client thing. Better to know in case it is a server thing.
    I'm cool with the ad thing. I just figured I'd mention it.

And I don't think the other issue is really an issue. I just got chewed out for not using my virtual client instead so no more browsing from my server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    I'm cool with the ad thing. I just figured I'd mention it.

And I don't think the other issue is really an issue. I just got chewed out for not using my virtual client instead so no more browsing from my server.
    Lol on the server thing. Come on, work that VM!!!

I don't like the expanding add thing. Funny thing is one expanded on me as I was rolling down to do a quick reply to Carol, just above your last post. Irony, I guess.

Necessary evil.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Lol on the server thing. Come on, work that VM!!!

I don't like the expanding add thing. Funny thing is one expanded on me as I was rolling down to do a quick reply to Carol, just above your last post. Irony, I guess.

Necessary evil.
    If you had crappy internet like mine.... This would be less of a problem.

Just tried to recreate this issue... not a problem at all for me. :smug:
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

16. The Following User High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

I had the same thing as Carol happen about an hour and a half ago so noonish Denver time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

What time was that (roughly), I might be able to find something in the server logs.
    Maybe around 11:25 MST or a couple minutes earlier. It is when I made the following post, and hit submit reply, after trying a couple of times, and getting server not available, I just went to my bookmarks - BF - and everything was fine.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...&postcount=146

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Maybe around 11:25 MST or a couple minutes earlier. It is when I made the following post, and hit submit reply, after trying a couple of times, and getting server not available, I just went to my bookmarks - BF - and everything was fine.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...&postcount=146
    If it was 11:15 (Mountain), it would have been during the every six hour backup. I have noticed that they are taking longer and longer, as the databse gets larger. I had that happen to me a few days back. I think we have crossed a timeout threshold. Meaning, the database backup is taking longer to complete (and locking the site during the backup) that the browsers are timing out and saying cannot connect to server, or something like that.

I'll check to see if it's possible to do the DB backup without the site essentially locking during it. I don't think there is at least not allowing new posts, because then the backup wouldn't be clean.

If there isn't an option, I might move away from the every six hour backup. In three years we haven't needed a backup, and most sites do nightly backups at most, so it's likely overkill. If we only do nightly backups, the worst case is if we have to go to a backup restore, we could lose up to one days worth of posts. The way I'm doing it now, the worst case is six hours of posts.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information