Thread: Is this a video/graphics card problem?

Default Is this a video/graphics card problem?

My boys play World of Warcraft. Lately, when they try to play a higher level character, they get the "blue screen of death" and the computer reboots. Is this a World of Warcraft issue or a video/graphic thing?
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

What kind of video card is it? Is it built in or after market?

It could be the video card. Try going to the manufacturers site and downloading the latest drivers. You may be able to go to the games online forums and find an answer there if it's a well known problem.
    Merry.

most BSODs will also have an error message. make note of it next time it happens, and google it. may lead you towards a definite answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The BSOD is typically a system crash which would mean the program is asking the computer to do something it isn't capable of doing. You may wish to check if the software is compatible with the operating system and if it has received all the updates and patches from the software developer. It may even be a "known issue".

WoW can be very addicting so I would also monitor how much time your kids spend playing it.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

It's a built in video card driver. The computer is about a year old. It's definitely not a memory or a RAM problem. I did go to the site and the driver is up to date. It's not a software issue.

The error message is long and the screen doesn't stay on long enough for me to read the part that I need to google. I've had the kids try to use their higher characters just so I can get to that screen and read it again, but it's too quick every time.

OH, no worries. The game has a great feature called "parental controls." I set time on when they're able to play. They can only play if all homework is done, and on non-school days, I break up the allotted time so they have to take breaks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Try snapping a digital photo of the screen and then review that for the error message..

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Reidman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    Try snapping a digital photo of the screen and then review that for the error message..
    I did a registry clean up, so maybe that did the trick. I'll find out tonight when the kids get to play the game, and I'll the camera ready, just in case.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    I did a registry clean up, so maybe that did the trick. I'll find out tonight when the kids get to play the game, and I'll the camera ready, just in case.
    You could have someone analize the memory dump the BSOD creates. What OS is it? Most gaming sites have a forum that is willing to help with issues like this if you want to try it out. Sometimes going to the manufacturers site or the game site you can find newer drivers.
    Merry.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information