Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Champ about to be on 87.7 the Ticket - will be asked about confrontation with McDaniels

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

On the thread topic:

I'm not surprised Champ has nothing to say. He's never sad a bad word about anyone. Why would he start now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

2. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Josh will be fine, he just needs someone in place to call him out when he's being stupid stubborn.
    I understand that Josh might do well if someone put together his staff and took personnel control away from him, leaving him to just coach the team and coordinate the offense.

Because I don't think he's a leader I still think he would struggle, but there are ways around that.

But what GM is gonna want to tie his fate to that of McDaniels?

What guy says, "of all the options available to me, I want the one who self-destructed in a great environment for a class owner, but not before he fought with every great offensive piece he had, got the GM fired, kicked the top-10 DC out of town and sullied the name of his franchise with another Spygate snafu?"

There are always quality head coaching candidates. Josh is not the only great coordinator in the league. He's gonna have to be head and shoulders better than the next guy to get the job, or have a friend in management who wants to give him another shot because they believe in him.

Considering neither Capers nor Pees felt like getting within a thousand miles of Josh when he needed a DC, and both knew him well, I don't know that familiarity with him breeds compassion. Contempt is more likely.

I think he's looking at half-a-dozen years penance, at least. Luckily for him he's a young buck. He has time to rehab his image with some great offenses and some well-timed comments.

But that also gives time for other assistants to make their own names. IMO if he gets another chance, it won't be a good job. The Raiders might take him...

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    On the thread topic:

I'm not surprised Champ has nothing to say. He's never sad a bad word about anyone. Why would he start now?
    yea, you knew that wasn't happening. . . love to hear the true scoop, though. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I wont miss Josh, but i do belive he still left us some solid core players and a good team concept to build on. We get ourselves a Qb, a legit GM, and some defense we will be back in force next year....we have a ton of guys that should be kept, this isnt like the end of the shanny regime where he left us 12 or so players worth a damn on offense and thats it...haha

we have a legit OL across the board right now playing at full speed and force, we have a legit RB in moreno, a deep Versatile Wr core, A good FB, good special teams, a couple good DL players and Lb's, and some good young youth in the secondary. what we really need now is front seven DL and LB help, a qb, a rb and start building depth with youth
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

8. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    That's why I was so pissed off about Goodman being gone. It was the first step in erasing the good we were doing by separating the GM and HC jobs.

Let's hope we put that separation in permanent ink this time instead of cotton candy and fairy dreams.

~G
    that was a huge blunder by our FO......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    look MCd made mistakes, and yes had personnel blunders here and there more than most coaches, but thats not what got him fired, what got him fired is the scandal and the bad light it cast on the franchise....he made some good calls on personnel while he was here as well as bad ones, many players liked him alot, even marshall and marshall still does.....the ego thing is legit and a factor, and the friciton with some coaches is also legit, but problems with the players...well i dont think that existed very much at all....
    No, the Spygate II thing might have resulted in him getting fired sooner, rather than later, but if you honestly believe that tearing the roster apart and leading the Broncos to the worst stretch in over four decades wasn't the primary factor, I really don't know how to respond to you.

11. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Romanowski is on in 15...
    Should be good...;-)
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

13. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    yea, you knew that wasn't happening. . . love to hear the true scoop, though. . .
    The guys on 87.7 were talking about Josh shipping players out, rather than dealing with them. They were saying Scheffler was about the nicest, easiest player to get along that you will fine. Rather than deal with Hillis (they didn't explain that, unless I missed it), they shipped him out. That anytime he couldn't get along with a player, he just shipped them out, which is not what an HC should do.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    They were saying Scheffler was about the nicest, easiest player to get along that you will fine.
    my source says the same thing. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

16. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Romanowski is on in 15...
    Should be good...;-)
    i'm sure it'll just be more shameless begging for a job, when no one wants his dishonest goon ass within a thousand miles of their locker room. . . .
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    That's why I was so pissed off about Goodman being gone. It was the first step in erasing the good we were doing by separating the GM and HC jobs.

Let's hope we put that separation in permanent ink this time instead of cotton candy and fairy dreams.

~G
    But I like cotton candy. I can see where it's bad for contracts......

BTW I am not related or ever have been to Josh. Klis said yesterday that Josh comes across as a arrogant little twit (my words), however when you are around him and get to know him you see a much different person. He called him a good man more than once. The person that I have talked to and seen different times was that "different" person, that is kind and good and so stinkin smart.

Trust me I wanted to grab his collar more than once and say dude stop being stupid stubborn with Hillis and Sheff to some degree. You may feel like what's his name is loyal but give Hillis a chance the kid has talent and get over the crap with Scheff, but I couldn't. I would hope a GM could so we shall see what the future brings.
    Getting Stoked

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The guys on 87.7 were talking about Josh shipping players out, rather than dealing with them. They were saying Scheffler was about the nicest, easiest player to get along that you will fine. Rather than deal with Hillis (they didn't explain that, unless I missed it), they shipped him out. That anytime he couldn't get along with a player, he just shipped them out, which is not what an HC should do.
    The Scheffler incident was when I jumped ship. There was zero reason to bench him, and even less of a reason to let him go. Right now I can't wait for this semester to be over. Am I still giving it my all? Damn straight. Does that mean I don't want to finish and am embarrassed by my school? No. All it means is that I'm worn out from trying so hard and am looking forward to the break.

Scheff was benched and then shipped out for what was a minor faux pas. And the rest of the team, and vicariously, all of the Broncos fans, suffered. All because McD has the management skills of a chimpanzee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

The Scheffler incident was when I jumped ship. There was zero reason to bench him, and even less of a reason to let him go. Right now I can't wait for this semester to be over. Am I still giving it my all? Damn straight. Does that mean I don't want to finish and am embarrassed by my school? No. All it means is that I'm worn out from trying so hard and am looking forward to the break.

Scheff was benched and then shipped out for what was a minor faux pas. And the rest of the team, and vicariously, all of the Broncos fans, suffered. All because McD has the management skills of a chimpanzee.
    "Left turn Clyde...."

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

On the thread topic:

Plus he's sooo cute..... Ok I'm bad but I need to laugh again.....cheese sweetie help me out or go post a picture of one of our boys......
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:

Trust me I wanted to grab his collar more than once and say dude stop being stupid stubborn with Hillis and Sheff to some degree.
    you obviously should have. . .
    - John Elway

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information