Thread: List of Possible Head Coach and Personnel Candidates

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I still like the idea of:

GM -Schotty
    HC - Chucky
    OC - Kubes
    DC - Wade

All of them are currently available (don't have to lure them away from any other team) except for Kubes who will likely be fired if the Texans miss the playoffs. All have been ridiculously successful in the NFL at above positions except for Marty S, but c'mon, you don't really think it was Carl Peterson who brought in all those great players to KC in the 90's, do you?

Make it happen, Pat!

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

I don't have insider for ESPN

Rumors: Bevell, Frazier as Denver options
    Thanks Shake!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post

that's the second time i've seen darrell bevell mentioned, and it makes me want to stab myself. . .

WTF is with that???
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels AND Mike Nolan

Default Mike mayock?

I can't speak to his prior experience, but Mayock is a guy who has a great eye for talent, IMHO. I think he would be a good hire as a Personnel Director.
    "I am in favor of it" - Winless Tampa Bay Buccaneers Head Coach John McKay, when asked what he thought about the execution of his offense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    Horrible idea.
    Not because Reeves isnt good at what he does, as your list shows, but because there is just too much animosity between Elway/Bowlen and Reeves.
    Reeves days are done in DEN forever.
    But i would be open to Marty Shotenheimer who has an equally strong list of draft picks, and has had alot of success as well! And i think he and Elway/Bowlen would be a really good fit because there is NO animosity, just respect for a former adversary.
    I would like to see what Shotty could do...

But I disagree about Reeves, John and Dan buried the hatchet and the was the major cause of animosity between the three...I think personally, it's more the fans can not get over the fact that he tried to trade Elway. But, I have to laugh at it all...because we tend to forget, that without Reeves, we'd have never have gotten Elway, he was the defacto General Manager/Head Coach who made the trade for John, he didn't hesitate to pay the price to get him...even though he had just drafted Gary Kubiak.

But, I don't see Dan Reeves on Bowlen's radar...and I don't expect us to get someone with a quality name for the position, more like someone that still needs to earn their spurs in that respect.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post

Candidates for the Broncos job
    Darrell Bevell -- Vikings offensive coordinator could be nice consolation prize if Frazier's unavailable
    Brian Billick -- Former Super Bowl-winning head coach is the type of offensive-minded coach Bowlen prefers
    Troy Calhoun -- Air Force coach well-respected in the NFL, known as a high-character coach; however, he released a statement saying he's not interested
    Bill Cowher -- The Denver opening could be the one that finally lures him back to the sideline
    Jim Fassel -- Former Broncos assistant has NFL head coaching experience, desire to get back in the game
    John Fox -- He should be free of Carolina soon
    Leslie Frazier -- Vikings' interim coach finished second to McDaniels two years ago
    Jason Garrett -- In the unlikely event Jerry Jones lets him go, Broncos will come calling
    Jon Gruden -- Current Monday Night Football analyst is in the mix
    Jim Harbaugh -- No college coach's stock is higher right now
    Gary Kubiak -- On the hot seat in Houston, and Denver could be very interested if the Texans let him go
    Mike Leach -- Because his name seems to come up with every opening ...
    Ron Rivera -- San Diego defensive coordinator could be ready to make the jump to a head coaching gig
    Eric Studesville -- Interim coach has the chance to make an impression over final four games

there was a additional reading on the subject but it was all same stuff we see at the DP

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/featu.../20101208#7216
    Last edited by nevcraw; 12-08-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

thanks for posting it. . . that's pretty clearly just a "throw shit against the wall and see what sticks" type of list, though-- too long, and too diverse (sorry buff). . . if we were honestly looking at the likes of cowher and gruden, why the hell would names like calhoun, studesville and bevell be on there? that has to be pure guesswork, or just a hastily-compiled list of common names. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Mike Leach - Former Head Coach at Texas Tech University
    Ron Rivera - Defensive Coordinator of the San Diego Chargers
    Jim Harbaugh - Head Coach at Stanford University
    Brian Billick - Former Head Coach of the Baltimore Ravens
    Jason Garrett - Interim Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys
    Steve Mariucci - Former Head Coach of the Detroit Lions
    Jon Gruden - Former Head Coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Steve Cowher - Former Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers
    Leslie Frazier - Interim Head Coach of the Minnesota Vikings

Here are some General Manager names already being mentioned -

Ted Sundquist - Former Denver Broncos General Manager
    Floyd Reese - Senior Adviser of the New England Patriots (Former GM)
    Ron Hill - Former Atlanta Falcons General Manager
    Charley Casserly - CBS Analyst (Former GM)
    Rick Smith - Current Houston Texans General Manager

This is just a list I've compiled, nothing official just possibles candidates...have fun!

You should change that to Bill Cowher bro... (BTW... how have you been?)

I think Jeff Fisher might get a look.. Word is this may be his last our with Titans..

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    You should change that to Bill Cowher bro... (BTW... how have you been?)

I think Jeff Fisher might get a look.. Word is this may be his last our with Titans..
    I actually think we'll consider approaching Cowher, especially in light of the possibility that Elway would be in an executive position. Denver and Pittsburgh were two of the powerhouse teams in the 90's, and Elway has always said he respected him. So, until I hear otherwise I'll leave him on the list.

I've been good bro, had to have neck and shoulder surgery again...but otherwise alright. How have you been?

Seriously...I think Jeff Fisher is a very mediocre coach if we seriously look at the numbers and he's too close to Shanahan in my honest opinion to be given a serious look. Rumor has it that Mike and John had a falling out of sorts, Elway was banned from Dove Valley by Mike over it, that could be what disqualifies Kyle Shanahan from contention as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

I actually think we'll consider approaching Cowher, especially in light of the possibility that Elway would be in an executive position. Denver and Pittsburgh were two of the powerhouse teams in the 90's, and Elway has always said he respected him. So, until I hear otherwise I'll leave him on the list.

I've been good bro, had to have neck and shoulder surgery again...but otherwise alright. How have you been?

Seriously...I think Jeff Fisher is a very mediocre coach if we seriously look at the numbers and he's too close to Shanahan in my honest opinion to be given a serious look. Rumor has it that Mike and John had a falling out of sorts, Elway was banned from Dove Valley by Mike over it, that could be what disqualifies Kyle Shanahan from contention as well.
    I hadn't heard that about Elway and Mike... That’s very interesting

I have been good.. been pretty much a casual fan of football for the last couple years.. I'm sorry to hear about your having to have the surgeries.. how is the rehabilitation going?

Also I wasn't saying take Cowher off the list.. I was saying his name is Bill Cowher and you have him down as Steve

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    I hadn't heard that about Elway and Mike... That’s very interesting

I have been good.. been pretty much a casual fan of football for the last couple years.. I'm sorry to hear about your having to have the surgeries.. how is the rehabilitation going?

Also I wasn't saying take Cowher off the list.. I was saying his name is Bill Cowher and you have him down as Steve
    Actually, most of us just found out about the Elway-Shanahan rift, because McDaniels lifted the ban, that's the only good thing that idiot has done.

Rehabilitation has been harsh, the shoulder locks with the neck at times, causing rigorous sharp pains, it will never be a 100% again...oh well, that's life.

Thanks for pointing that out, can't believe I called him Steve Cowher...lol.

Actually, most of us just found out about the Elway-Shanahan rift, because McDaniels lifted the ban, that's the only good thing that idiot has done.
    There was talk years ago that Elway was all but pushed into retirement by Shanahan. Elway was rumored to be considering a shot for a 3 peat. The reasoning mentioned at the time, IIRC, was Shanahan was out to prove he could accomplish as much without Reeves guys.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    There was talk years ago that Elway was all but pushed into retirement by Shanahan. Elway was rumored to be considering a shot for a 3 peat. The reasoning mentioned at the time, IIRC, was Shanahan was out to prove he could accomplish as much without Reeves guys.
    Yeah, but I don't buy that for one minute...I don't see Shanahan pushing Elway to retire when there was a chance to become a dynasty and Bowlen would have had something to say about that.

But, who knows really besides them and those privy to what happened.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Rehabilitation has been harsh, the shoulder locks with the neck at times, causing rigorous sharp pains, it will never be a 100% again...oh well, that's life.

Thanks for pointing that out, can't believe I called him Steve Cowher...lol.
    Do you have a link to anything I can read about this?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Its crazy.. When we were looking for a coach there were so many hot candidates out there.. Now I can't think of anyone that I would throw at the top of my list lol.. The worst thing is that we got the worst of all of the ones we all were talking about at the time ..

I wanted Rex Ryan and secant Steve Spagnuolo.. My third choice would have been McDipshit lol
    Last edited by fcspikeit; 12-09-2010 at 01:33 AM.

19. The Following User High Fived fcspikeit For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information