Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58

Thread: List of Possible Head Coach and Personnel Candidates

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    excellent. . . not only did they more or less eliminate one of the candidates i actually like, but they left themselves with three instead of two. . .

let's see. . . it is now 1:30 PM here in denver-- at the very most they could have one interview scheduled still for today, but most likely not. . . if they're going to do three second interviews, it's inevitably going to stretch into next week. . . it'll probably be wednesday before we officially hire anyone-- which effectively adds up to another entire lost week of time that COULD be used assembling a staff. . .

it's NOT that i'm just impatient for them to name a coach, i'm pretty much apathetic to their list of candidates anyway. . . but it would really be nice to give ourselves and our new coach a fair chance to interview some QUALITY assistants before we're down to the very dregs of the barrel. . . if we put a coach in place today or even tomorrow we could probably interview greg manusky or rob ryan for a DC or assistant HC/defense position. . . those guys AREN'T just going to be waiting around, though. . . manusky's already conducted multiple interviews (including one for HC), and i'm guessing ryan won't be far behind (or more likely, has a verbal agreement in place to stay with the browns pending their hire). . .

the longer we drag this out, the greater the odds we'll be left with no appealing options, choosing between some retread like G-rob or dave campo or some no-name college coordinator or unheard-of position coach-- or wink martindale. . . hey, give him a shot, right?
    Your crystal ball is broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Your crystal ball is broken
    but my "expect the worst" defense mechanism is working just fine, thanks. . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

but my "expect the worst" defense mechanism is working just fine, thanks. . .

Don't worry Dog, we'll be hiring McCoy as the offensive coordinator, you'll be back on suicide watch in about a year!

- Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Don't worry Dog, we'll be hiring McCoy as the offensive coordinator, you'll be back on suicide watch in about a year!

i won't. . .

i typically don't get too bent out of shape. . . naturally i don't like losing any more than any other fan, but i'm not one of those whiny little bitches who latched on in the late 90's and thinks we're entitled to win 75% of the time or more. . . i watched through all the super bowl heartbreaks, and every ugly snap of the griese era. . .

if we draft guys and they bust, i can handle it. . . when all our guys get hurt, what can you do but shrug? the two things i can't handle are dragging the franchise through the mud with retarded cheating scandals, and not making a solid effort to win. . .

i get pissed when we make moronic draft choices like george foster, and i get pissed if the front office makes a lousy hire when there were clearly better choices available, or does dumb shit like firing the goodmans or letting nolan walk. . .

i just want them to make an honest, respectable effort. . . if that's happening, i'm on board through wins and losses. . . i might still bitch and complain if we don't draft heavy for defense, but i won't be out on the ledge like i would've been if we'd done something like hire studesville as the HC. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

i won't. . .

i typically don't get too bent out of shape. . . naturally i don't like losing any more than any other fan, but i'm not one of those whiny little bitches who latched on in the late 90's and thinks we're entitled to win 75% of the time or more. . . i watched through all the super bowl heartbreaks, and every ugly snap of the griese era. . .

if we draft guys and they bust, i can handle it. . . when all our guys get hurt, what can you do but shrug? the two things i can't handle are dragging the franchise through the mud with retarded cheating scandals, and not making a solid effort to win. . .

i get pissed when we make moronic draft choices like george foster, and i get pissed if the front office makes a lousy hire when there were clearly better choices available, or does dumb shit like firing the goodmans or letting nolan walk. . .

i just want them to make an honest, respectable effort. . . if that's happening, i'm on board through wins and losses. . . i might still bitch and complain if we don't draft heavy for defense, but i won't be out on the ledge like i would've been if we'd done something like hire studesville as the HC. . .
    Are you a BPA guy or a Need guy in the draft?
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Are you a BPA guy or a Need guy in the draft?
    i think it mostly depends on circumstances. . . it's a balance-- you have to find the best player who fits a need. . . doesn't automatically have to be your most immediate need, and i don't think you pass on a clearly far superior player to fill a need somewhere else, but if you and your scouts have one guy rated at 8.75 and the other at 8.60 (or whatever numeric they use), then you better take the guy who fills a need. . .

this year, our biggest need dovetails really nicely with the projected value of the draft for a change. . . no one has ever needed DLs worse than we do, and this is an absolutely sick class for DLs, very unusual-- the class has both depth and diversity. . . if we go in with a clear vision of what front we want to build, we could trade up and down like last year and come out with an awful nice foundation for our rebuild already in place. . .

if we can move back from #2, we might be able to get the draft's premier pure 3-4 DL (dareus), and still get two more DLs plus a safety and right tackle in the first three rounds. . .
    - John Elway

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Soooo shouldn't we end this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Soooo shouldn't we end this thread?
    You'd think....

....but feewings might get hewt.....

Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information