Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: this one's for med. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Default this one's for med. . .

CHICAGO--After a second straight week in which his starting quarterback, Rex Grossman, struggled, Bears head coach Lovie Smith admitted that it would be nice to have some sort of backup option to bring in when his first string quarterback falters.

“It’s time like this when you’d like to have another signal-caller back there,” Smith told reporters on Tuesday. “You know, somebody with pro experience who could come in and take over the job when your starter isn’t getting the job done, a proven commodity who can at least control the offense without turning the ball over all the time. That would be terrific, but if a frog had wings, it wouldn’t bump its *** hopping, right? You’ve got to make due with what you have, which is why Rex is the only quarterback I will ever, ever use.”

During Sunday’s game against the Chiefs, Grossman was intercepted twice and was booed lustily by the crowd in attendance. Smith said he understands the fans’ frustration, but there is little he can do without a “relief quarterback” or “substitute quarterback” to take over for Grossman.

“Believe me, I can hear the boos,” said Smith. “I don’t blame them. I’m booing myself. We need to get much more out of the quarterback position. In a perfect world, in a utopia, I would be able to look down the sidelines and summon a relief QB, sort of like a relief pitcher, to come into the game and take over the offense. But this isn’t baseball, folks. This is football. You have to dance with the one who brung ya. If Rex can't get the job done, the only thing I can do is eliminate the QB position and run options to Devin Hester all game.”

Smith’s criticism of Grossman came as a surprise since he has been steadfastly loyal to his QB for the past year. However, he did stress that Grossman led the team to the Super Bowl last season and has done a good job “not totally ruining everything.”

“He hasn’t totally ruined the whole team,” said Smith. “We did get to the Super Bowl last season with him at the helm. Also, he threw a touchdown pass in the preseason that was a pretty tight spiral. And he almost never fumbles on hand-offs. And he’s a spirited kid with a great attitude and he doesn’t do any of that dog fighting crap. His biggest flaw is that he can’t throw the football to his receivers with any consistency. That’s one aspect of his game he needs to work on if he’s going to prevent me from killing myself.”

When one reporter in attendance mentioned that Brian Griese is the team’s backup quarterback and can legally come into the game at any time, Smith was perplexed.

“Griese? No, that’s not true. He can’t just come in like Mariano Rivera and take over when Rex is faltering,” he said. “That’s a misinterpretation of the rule. Brian’s job is to take snaps in practice and then mentor Rex during games. I believe if I were to bring him in we would have to surrender some draft choices or something. You’re probably thinking of Arena Football. They can do pretty much whatever they want in that league because nobody really gives a flying **** about it.”

Later on Tuesday, Smith announced the waiving of Brian Griese, claiming that his faulty mentoring skills were to blame for Grossman’s struggles.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Is this a real article?

If so, that is some harsh comments on Lovie's part.....

Not that it isn't deserved. I know med will love it. If it is true, it sounds like they figuered out what we did in Denver about Griese....
    Temp sig till I find another one

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BigBroncLove View Post
    Is this a real article?

If so, that is some harsh comments on Lovie's part.....

Not that it isn't deserved. I know med will love it. If it is true, it sounds like they figuered out what we did in Denver about Griese....
    nah, it's from the brushback. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Whether it's true or not, the fact remains that the Bears have a sad situation at QB.

Even Atlanta doesn't have that many issues!
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

very good.

Maybe Lovie Smith realized that Grossman does not have dirty pics on him lol

when will Orton start, I hope soon

The Bears fan I work with did not appreciate this article at all!

hehehehehehe
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Talking Thanks for the article, Dog . . .

Pretty good parody.

Actually, there may be more truth in that than people realize . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    Whether it's true or not, the fact remains that the Bears have a sad situation at QB.

Even Atlanta doesn't have that many issues!
    I agree while this is fictional the truth remains that the da Bears have a problem at quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I agree while this is fictional the truth remains that the da Bears have a problem at quarterback.
    I know most hate him here but Griese
    is an upgrade over Rex GROSSman

with that good defense, as long as he did not throw bad picks he would be fine. heck Kyle Orton cant look much worse that that big stiff

Good Job Rex another 2 picks

worst QB in the NFL, enough said

Thanks though, in my pool I will be 12-3 after Dallas wins.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Poor Rex, He's damned if he does, damned if he doesnt.

He'll never get a fair shot with the Bears.......unless they win a super bowl.

But that's asking a lot.

He's been making the same mistakes over and over again. The thing Shanahan praises about Cutler is he rarely makes the same mistakes twice. He learns quickly and hits the books. Rex doesn't seem to have the same drive, or memory for that matter.

Hear the crowd chanting for Griese? I'll bet he gets his shot soon....
    Temp sig till I find another one

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BigBroncLove View Post
    He's been making the same mistakes over and over again. The thing Shanahan praises about Cutler is he rarely makes the same mistakes twice. He learns quickly and hits the books. Rex doesn't seem to have the same drive, or memory for that matter.

Hear the crowd chanting for Griese? I'll bet he gets his shot soon....
    yea, i'll be a bit surprised if they don't go with him next week-- with a defense that good, and a weapon like hester on special teams, how long are they going to let gruesome grossman throw away games by chucking the ball downfield into tight coverage? of course, having the number four overall pick coughing the ball up doesn't help much either. . .
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Is anyone else excited about the fact that Denver might get to go up against Brian Gresie this season? I know I am!

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Is anyone else excited about the fact that Denver might get to go up against Brian Gresie this season? I know I am!
    No, I would rather face GROSSman. Better chance of a win.

Also this game is like a million weeks away. (10 or so)

We need a better performance or Indy will smoke us.
    Joseph Addai must be licking his chops

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information