Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Hi Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by KCLady View Post
    same here Top,It took me several tries....I got held up on the

password thing....
    I hate the password thingy. It is designed to keep the spam bots that plagued BM off the forum, so I think it is worth the little extra during the registration, to hopefully keep them out.

Sometimes I have to go through three or four images. A lot of times I can't tell if it is a lower or upper case letter.

I "think" I saw a mod somewhere that allows you to answer some sort of question instead.

I have not used it so I can't tell you how good it is but might be an alternative over the captcha images.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I "think" I saw a mod somewhere that allows you to answer some sort of question instead.

I have not used it so I can't tell you how good it is but might be an alternative over the captcha images.
    As soon as I get a breather, I am going to setup a test vBulletin site, which will be a mirror of this. Now that we are up and running, I will probably want to check out any mods on a test version of BroncosForums, to make sure I avoid any system outages.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rod Smith

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    I hate the password thingy. It is designed to keep the spam bots that plagued BM off the forum, so I think it is worth the little extra during the registration, to hopefully keep them out.

Sometimes I have to go through three or four images. A lot of times I can't tell if it is a lower or upper case letter.
    Ya i hate those things, there confusing. But they keep spambots away so its worth it.

Just wanted to say I really like this shade of blue that the background color has; I might be imagining, but I think it looks better than the one formerly used in the old site. It looks kinda greyish-navy-blue. Whatever it is, it looks real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by omac View Post
    Just wanted to say I really like this shade of blue that the background color has; I might be imagining, but I think it looks better than the one formerly used in the old site. It looks kinda greyish-navy-blue. Whatever it is, it looks real nice.
    It's quite a bit lighter. Ironically, I started with a 'similar' color the the old BM, and had quite a few people say that it was too dark, it was nearly black. So, we played around (you might see some early posts where we are chatting about which one we like, etc.) and settled on this one.

I think it's a nice compromise, blue, but not too dark. Definately have some cleanup, on some of the borders and stuff. Dream has helped out by making the top banner, and is workin on some custom buttons to get rid of th grey/blue ones.

Some time this weekend, I will get a test server up, and I will start doing future changes on that and test them, so that people using the forum don't have to see 'on the fly' testing.

For those interested, this was the old sites's, old scheme.

The blue might have been more striking, but I think the white almost became a bit neon, almost the opposite effect of what happens with the black text on white background.

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

This shade of blue is perfect. The old scheme looks black when you compare the two. Keep this color Tned, it works well.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by broncosfanscott View Post
    This shade of blue is perfect. The old scheme looks black when you compare the two. Keep this color Tned, it works well.
    I agree - I like this one

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Man, I can't believe I didn't have a more recent screen shot, I only had 6 bars there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    It's quite a bit lighter. Ironically, I started with a 'similar' color the the old BM, and had quite a few people say that it was too dark, it was nearly black. So, we played around (you might see some early posts where we are chatting about which one we like, etc.) and settled on this one.

I think it's a nice compromise, blue, but not too dark. Definately have some cleanup, on some of the borders and stuff. Dream has helped out by making the top banner, and is workin on some custom buttons to get rid of th grey/blue ones.

Some time this weekend, I will get a test server up, and I will start doing future changes on that and test them, so that people using the forum don't have to see 'on the fly' testing.
    Cool, thanks for all the effort guys. It's much appreciated.

And I don't mind the on-the-fly testing; if they considered doing that on the official site, the background color issue would've been cleared up long ago.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information