Thread: Matt Cassel quietly having a great year

Default Matt Cassel quietly having a great year

I heard this on the radio and just saw the stats

Cassel has 22 tds and 4 pics on the season.

Good luck the rest of the way KCL.

I was on him early but he has improved big time the last 6 weeks or so.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Much to my chagrin. I thought he was overrated. I was wrong. (This year, at least.) The thing that really sucks is that I had Dwayne Bowe on my fantasy team and the 1st 3 weeks the K.C. passing offense was the worst in the leage, just looked horrible, so I dropped Bowe. Oops.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I still dont think that Cassell is that great and wont win games by carrying them but its hard to argue his stats right now. Even his 96% QB rating is a huge improvement from last year. Either way, he is getting it done with his team and winning.

I still think the 22 TD's are a bit deceiving because in no way is that an explosive passing offense, but he is doing an excellent job managing the game and not putting the defense in any bad situations. He has also moved the ball in key moments of the game, which is quite the contrary to what we're experiencing in Denver.,

With the fact that the Chiefs have the best running tandem in football, and the defense that they are capable of playing, I don't think the Chargers will catch them.

Cassel is looking good though. He has been on fire in his last 3 games. 10 tds to 0 ints.

7. The Following User High Fived ursamajor For This Post:

I've watched a lot of Cassel, and he's still exactly what we thought he was. But he's had a few good games that keeps people's hopes up. Generally speaking from all the chief fans I know (and that means almost ALL my friends and family).... they aren't very excited about Cassel.

But.. the end result is nice for them right now, and really, thats all that matters.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor View Post
    With the fact that the Chiefs have the best running tandem in football, and the defense that they are capable of playing, I don't think the Chargers will catch them.

Cassel is looking good though. He has been on fire in his last 3 games. 10 tds to 0 ints.
    I don't know. Since Philip Rivers has taken over as the starting QB, San Diego is 19-0 in the month of December, and again show absolutely no signs of slowing down. I think it's only a matter of time before the Chargers take over the AFCWest this year, depsite how well KC finishes the season.

10. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I don't know. Since Philip Rivers has taken over as the starting QB, San Diego is 19-0 in the month of December, and again show absolutely no signs of slowing down. I think it's only a matter of time before the Chargers take over the AFCWest this year, depsite how well KC finishes the season.
    The Chiefs are playing the type of football that beats SD. Dominant running, efficient passing, and physical D.

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor View Post
    The Chiefs are playing the type of football that beats SD. Dominant running, efficient passing, and physical D.
    I think that type of football only beats SD in the early half of the season. Nothing beats SD in December. For as well as KC is playing, I don't see them running the table, which IMHO will need to happen if they are going to hold off one of the best teams in the NFL reaching their peak.

13. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    I heard this on the radio and just saw the stats

Cassel has 22 tds and 4 pics on the season.

Good luck the rest of the way KCL.

I was on him early but he has improved big time the last 6 weeks or so.
    Thanks Med!!! Classy post from a classy person!

15. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I think that type of football only beats SD in the early half of the season. Nothing beats SD in December. For as well as KC is playing, I don't see them running the table, which IMHO will need to happen if they are going to hold off one of the best teams in the NFL reaching their peak.
    I tend to agree with this, I just pointed out that I thought Cassel was awful and his numbers that last 5 weeks or so have proved me otherwise.

It will be interesting to see if KC can hold on. It will be tough. Good luck to them

17. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

KCL

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    I tend to agree with this, I just pointed out that I thought Cassel was awful and his numbers that last 5 weeks or so have proved me otherwise.

It will be interesting to see if KC can hold on. It will be tough. Good luck to them
    And if they don't..I will be happy that they won't finish the season 4-12...we'll see..they have improved and at this point that's what I was hoping for...something to build on.

19. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    ..I will be happy that they won't finish the season 4-12...
    ...unlike a certain other team we know of, yes?

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    And if they don't..I will be happy that they won't finish the season 4-12...we'll see..they have improved and at this point that's what I was hoping for...something to build on.
    Having a real D and good running game is huge.

Thanks for the compliment btw

The Broncos well .............................................

23. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

KCL

trust but verify. all I got to say

25. The Following User High Fived kcvet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information