Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: Rugby!!!!!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

A Frenchie sighting and some bisous - all is well! World Cup disappointment forgotten and bisous mends all. Don't be shy Frenchie - and stay around

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jaws For This Post:

WTF? what am I, chopped liver? Last time I have a nocturnal about you Sharkie you heartless bitch

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    congrats to the all blacks. who did they beat in the world cup? also, is the movie Invictus a true story? I heard that the South African's gave New Zealand rugby team some type of food poisoning. any thoughts? that would have been in the early 90's
    It was repeat of the inaugural World Cup Final, with NZ beating France 8-7.
    It was a fabulous game and really came down to strong defence.
    The French Captain Terry Desautoir was man of the match, and also received the IRB Player of the Year Award.
    The All Blacks were Team of The Year, and Graham Henry Coach of the Year.

Invictus is based on a true story, and yes a large number of the All Blacks were suffering from food poisoning. The footage from the final shows a few of them even puking on the sidelines.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    The French Captain Terry Desautoir was man of the match, and also received the IRB Player of the Year Award.

Invictus is based on a true story, and yes a large number of the All Blacks were suffering from food poisoning. The footage from the final shows a few of them even puking on the sidelines.
    did the south africans have anything to do with them being food poisoned? Also, the all black winger at the time, (who was pretty badass) looked like he had a part in the movie. I'd recognize the name, can't remember. He was a beast. in fact I believe the cowboys tried to draft him at one time. May have been a rumor I heard though. something Lamas I think

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

WTF? what am I, chopped liver? Last time I have a nocturnal about you Sharkie you heartless bitch
    Aww Nut - I still love ya!
    *Administers a big sloppy "Welsh". It's kinda like a French kiss - but with teeth instead of tongue!

Better?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jaws For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Aww Nut - I still love ya!
    *Administers a big sloppy "Welsh". It's kinda like a French kiss - but with teeth instead of tongue!

Better?
    I had a welsh Pony once. they were bred to pull coal out of the coal mines I believe. she used to give me what sounds like Welch kisses.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

did the south africans have anything to do with them being food poisoned? Also, the all black winger at the time, (who was pretty badass) looked like he had a part in the movie. I'd recognize the name, can't remember. He was a beast. in fact I believe the cowboys tried to draft him at one time. May have been a rumor I heard though. something Lamas I think
    officially No. The south Africans were appalled at the idea that they would stoop to poisoning their opponents the first time they get to play the World cup in South Africa (and the refs earned those Rolex watches too).

Jonah Lomu is the guy you're thinking of. He was kind of the real first rugby star. Helped mainly by his first appearance and running over, literally, an english player. There were rumours about the Cowboys, but the guy is nowhere near smart enough to handle an NFL playbook.
    He suffers from some sort of kidney disease and has had a transplant, but has been sick again recently.

Add me on Facebook!

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

officially No. The south Africans were appalled at the idea that they would stoop to poisoning their opponents the first time they get to play the World cup in South Africa (and the refs earned those Rolex watches too).

Jonah Lomu is the guy you're thinking of. He was kind of the real first rugby star. Helped mainly by his first appearance and running over, literally, an english player. There were rumours about the Cowboys, but the guy is nowhere near smart enough to handle an NFL playbook.
    He suffers from some sort of kidney disease and has had a transplant, but has been sick again recently.
    that's the name. thanks for the update on that. yeah, transplant recipients often don't go long from what i've heard. that's too bad, wasnt' aware of that

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    A Frenchie sighting and some bisous - all is well! World Cup disappointment forgotten and bisous mends all. Don't be shy Frenchie - and stay around
    I'm not shy ma charmante fée... I'm just afraid of your teeth...
    But as far as it's about you can count me on

It was a good and very intense game. Defence were very strong indeed... My only regret is that we were looking too much for a penalty rather than to play during the end of the game... Rewiewing the game, we could have scored a try... Anyway, the best team of the tournament won... May be not the best team of the day but we did the same in the semi against Sharkie's boys...
    Nothing to worry too much about...
    We show we weren't such a bad team...
    BTW, WTF is that bad press campaign against us over there? Any clue about that Kappie?

PS : can I correct you on 1 thing : it's Thierry, not Terry (Thierry is also my name )

PS 2 : Wy couldn't we play Tim Tebow for the last 5 minutes of the game?

Bisous for all of you sweet ladies
    Froggy's back !

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived frenchfan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfan View Post
    I'm not shy ma charmante fée... I'm just afraid of your teeth...
    But as far as it's about you can count me on

It was a good and very intense game. Defence were very strong indeed... My only regret is that we were looking too much for a penalty rather than to play during the end of the game... Rewiewing the game, we could have scored a try... Anyway, the best team of the tournament won... May be not the best team of the day but we did the same in the semi against Sharkie's boys...
    Nothing to worry too much about...
    We show we weren't such a bad team...
    BTW, WTF is that bad press campaign against us over there? Any clue about that Kappie?

PS : can I correct you on 1 thing : it's Thierry, not Terry (Thierry is also my name )

PS 2 : Wy couldn't we play Tim Tebow for the last 5 minutes of the game?

Bisous for all of you sweet ladies
    As you say Thierry, the better team of the tournament won, but not necessarily the day. Damned French inconsistency.

Marc Lievremont had some bad issues with the team, and it got done out in the media a lot. Also, the day after they were in a restaurant having breakfast, and the press found them. They were asked to leave, but refused.
    But when the IRB did fine the team for the Haka incident (4 players stepped over the centre line), one of the local news shows went out and raised money to help pay the fine.

Add me on Facebook!

18. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

And the Six Nations is off again.

Victories for England, France and Wales on the opening weekend.

Before the tournament I thought France were the favourites, but having seen Wales's comeback away versus Ireland yesterday, I think we may well be in with a shot too.

Young George North again was freaking awesome and I just learned this weekend that my son used to train with him at "Elite" rugby fitness when he was in his teens. Our claim to fame lol!

Wales defy the odds and edge a classic

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

27-13 win for Wales over Scotland

England narrowly defeat Italy.

This sets up a shot at the triple crown in two weeks time at Twickenham.

As for France and Ireland, game cancelled 10 mins before kick off because of frozen pitch.
    They should have gotten some of the Stade de France calendar guys to strip off. That would have melted it in no time!

Your boyos are playing good quality rugby. The game against Ireland looked more Southern Hemisphere. Fast, free flowing pass oriented rugby!

Add me on Facebook!

22. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Woot, we beat England at Twickers and won a triple crown

Wins for France and Ireland too.

That Grand Slam showdown in Cardiff final weekend between France and Wales is still on.

24. The Following User High Fived Jaws For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

One more game to go. Home v France. Win and Wales have the Grand Slam.
    Despite France being below par in their past two games, not taking anything for granted. France will be dangerous with nothing to lose and I'm sure there will be a backlash from losing a home game to England. Wales have to be at their absolute best. Go Wales!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information